Rise of the Tomb Raider New Screenshots and Details

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Nov 17, 2014
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I wish this game focused more on exploration of tombs and ruins, like good old TRs, instead of trying to copy Uncharted and its focus on cinematic action.

Nov 17, 2014
This looks real nice. Good to know another studio is handling the last-gen version so it won't gimp the main version, too.
The Nixxes Software are the ones behind the Definitive Edition and the spinoff Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. So we could say the 360 version is in good hands. Also, there are still so many Xbox360 users even now that it's hard to neglect the last-gen owners. Now the question holds: Will we wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to arrive on PS4 and PC, or will we play it on last-gen Xbox360?

Last edited:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
The Nixxes Software are the ones behind the Definitive Edition and the spinoff Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. So we could say the 360 version is in good hands. Also, there are still so many Xbox360 users even now that it's hard to neglect the last-gen owners. Now the question holds: Will we wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to arrive on PS4 and PC, or will we play it on last-gen Xbox360?
I thought United Front Games (the Sleepings Dogs developers) handled Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

Loved the first release so naturally I'm rather excited for the sequel. Everything I've seen and heard thus far has been very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how they balance the action/adventure plotline against the backdrop of Lara and Sam's psychological trauma from Yamatai.

I'm hoping the PS4 release won't be long after the holidays. Unfortunately I suspect that Microsoft's timed exclusivity deal means the release date won't be announced until after the Xbox versions launch, to prevent people from simply waiting for PS4/PC release. They posted a pic of their studio working on the game and they had a PS4 dev kit laying around, so we know it's being worked on, at least.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2014
One thing I noticed about Game Informer's info releases for ROTTR is that they post every MWF (if ya know what that means). To those eager for new ROTTR updates from the Game Informer, check it here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/rottr.aspx

Also, if you have an account on the said website, you can post questions which could possibly be asked to the developers at Crystal Dynamics. But please, no questions about the exclusivity. It's already flooded with it. Check it here:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/02/26/7327208.aspx