Scalebound [PlatinumGames, Action-RPG, Non-linear, XBox One]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I wouldn't consider him dudebro. Dudebro's to me are charecters like RE5 Chris, and to an even further extent I guess I'd say Gears of War type characters. I actually am in the minority in liking Nero. I thought Nero was a wonderfully designed character and I was fine with his personality, too. The guy from Scalebound... hmm, it's actually kinda hard to describe. I feel like they might be going with a classic Dante or Nero type attitude but his looks don't really fit that imo. To me he just looks too plain I think. Just your areverage everyday white dude but with pre-mature white hair. Dante and Nero look cool with white hair, plus there's a reason for it. This guy just strikes me as my next door neighbor in his 20's who unfortunately went gray too early and looks a little too old for his age because of it, and acts less mature than his appearance suggests. lol, best I can do as far as describing what I dislike about it. But who knows, he could grow on me depending on how his character is written. However, from the videos that have been shown so far, I don't see that happening. I don't think it would hurt to give him a little more personality looks wise, though. The right arm is a good try in doing so, I guess, but it's also a tad bit too Nero. There are also the cheesy facial expressions:

The dudebro comment wasn't directed at you, it's just something I've seen a lot when people discussed him. Anyway, I see where you're coming from. He does look kinda generic, but I just don't think it's enough to say that he's designed to appeal to western audience. He still has white hair, demonic arm and those headphones, which aren't things that scream "western appeal" to me.
I completely agree with cheesy expressions, though. And his personality seems quite annoying so far.

First sad gaming news of 2017: Scalebound's cancelled.

Multiple sources have confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft and developer Platinum Games have parted ways on the project, and that work concluded before the end of 2016.
-Tom Phillips on Eurogamer

To sum it up, the game's been in trouble for the last few months and before the end of the year, MS pulled the plug. According to NeoGAF's Nirolak, Pt Games is in overall trouble since they don't have sufficient projects coming up to accomodate all the staff working on Scalebound.

This... is devastating. I was honestly looking forward to this game and over the last couple of days seriously pondered getting an XBox One just for it (because I don't believe my PC could've taken it). Hope this gets picked up by a different publisher, but that won't ever happen.