Shinji Hashimoto: Final Fantasy XV won't be at E3 2014.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
An exclusive event would make sense. You have the time and space to really have focus lent to your games, without having to fight for attention and space in E3. To us it may sound odd that something as prolific in name as FFXV would need to fight for attention, because we're fans of the franchise and we've been keeping close tabs on the game for a long while, but across the general picture, FFXV is just one game among others, not really primus inter pares. Plus of course, you won't have to dedicate attention to the Eidos side.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I don't know about you guys but SE could be holding an event in the 'summer' to announce FFXV. That's what Hashimoto seems to be hinting at, E3 isn't the right place therefore they will have their own event dedicated to FFXV.
I hope that's the case. But it'd be better if they'd just say that. If they have a lot they wanna announce, then tell us a date when this event will happen. Why keep it a secret which event it'll be? To get us to watch them all?

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I have a interesting point to bring up square enix said there would be no new info at tgs 2013 for xv http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/1...o-at-tgs-but-nomura-will-appear-in-interview/ then we got some new seconds of new footage so maybey same thing will happen this year
Well, they were right. There was no new info. The couple seconds of footage that was cut from the E3 trailers didn't really tell us anything. Anyone claiming it as new information is reaching.

So hopefully it doesn't happen again. Nobody should want that or be OK with it. Especially with it not being at E3 this year.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Yeah. And it wasn't INFORMATION. Just a scene. We weren't informed.
At this point, the only info people really want is a date.
Short of that....what's the point? I doubt anyone is still on the fence about this game. Most people I talk to are for it and will buy it day one. Or don't like it for various reason (some never liked Square, some grew to hate Square, so don't like Action RPG, some don't like anime style stuff, some thing it's just a poor-man's Infamous or God of War). If there are people on the fence, it's like those who don't buy games until they're out, and see them for themselves on their screen as a demo.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
That's disappointing. I guess Japan is getting the special treatment this year. The west got a new trailer last year. Japan is getting another one this year.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
SE wants to launch FF XV's media blowout in their homeland. They only allowed the reveals for the biggest Western convention.

Hashimoto said himself, "You'll want to be in Tokyo!" Surely, TGS 2014 will be the most massive event for XV yet, attended by all of its major developers.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Seems like it. I hope that's the case. Whatever the reasons are, I hope the game is at least done.
Done? At this point? With no release at least until end of March 2015? And let's be realistic - it's gonna be a heck of a lot longer than that.

No, sorry, but FFXV is far from done.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
TGS 2014 is far more likely for another reveal than a specialized event. SE doesn't seem too keen on holding those any more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Seems like it. I hope that's the case. Whatever the reasons are, I hope the game is at least done.
Once again. If that were the case, Square Enix would have a game unit sales forecast higher then 12 million for this fiscal year. They don't. And it's not going to be some surprise either or they would get in legal trouble with their shareholders.

The game is nowhere near done.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Saying it's "nowhere near done" is a bit excessive, we have no idea the progress on this game other than what we've heard with statements like "quite far into development". Personally, I feel like the game is pretty close to being done, just needs more time to be worked on. If Square Enix are only going to delay the showing of this game by a few months, "nowhere near done" doesn't make much sense.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Saying it's "nowhere near done" is a bit excessive, we have no idea the progress on this game other than what we've heard with statements like "quite far into development". Personally, I feel like the game is pretty close to being done, just needs more time to be worked on. If Square Enix are only going to delay the showing of this game by a few months, "nowhere near done" doesn't make much sense.
A release date of 2016 seems even more plausible now, and while I do agree that we don't know about the progress; the situation just hints that the game isn't near done.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Even after switching to having the game run on PS4, if the game isn't at least half-done by now... how badly would that hurt Square? After all this time. I guess they don't care if they make us wait as long as people still buy it whenever it releases. That's kinda sad if that's true.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
With how vague and evasive they're being about development, there's no reason to really believe it's anywhere near done and things are going smoothly. You can't convince anyone that after 8 years of waiting.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Well the game hasn't been in full development for 8 years is the thing, full production on next generation started in 2011, so at this point it's looking like 4-5 years which seems typical.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
That's fair. Can't argue with that. I'm just glad I've had a few good games to tie me over the years. I liked a lot of the recent Tales games, and FF13 (not the sequels though). And for the brief time I had a Wii I really loved Xenoblade. Wish Monolith would come back to Sony, but they're Nintendo exclusive now.