Shinji Hashimoto: Final Fantasy XV won't be at E3 2014.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Redichi24

PSICOM Soldier
Oct 1, 2013
There we have it. FFXV won't be at E3 2014.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201406/06054475.html
Update: The interview has now been translated thanks to
sqexgal

- The release dates for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix were just announced. Can we expect new information on Kingdom Hearts 3 at E3 2014 too?

Hashimoto: We are are working diligently on KH3, but I think releasing new information will still take some time. We included a small part regarding the story of KH3 In the new trailer KH 2.5 prepared for E3 2014, so please check that out.

- As always, we’d like to ask about Final Fantasy XV too. In March earlier this year at Thailand Comic Con, you mentioned that FFXV will be exhibited at E3, so we wanted to follow up…

Hashimoto: There was a misunderstanding in the reporting of that, a number of stories were accidently mixed into one. When I was asked about FFXV’s presence at E3, the answer I gave was that “I can’t answer yet.” But somehow what I had said was framed in a different context when it was reported.

- So there will be new information about “something” that is not “Final Fantasy XV”?

Hashimoto: That’s right, you’ll have to wait until E3 to know more.

- But seriously, information on Final Fantasy XV will be at E3, right?

Hashimoto: Well, first I’d like to say that development for FFXV is going well. Internally, we try to ascertain the best timing for revealing new information about FFXV to the fans. So when we were going over our promotion plans, we judged that this year’s E3 would not be the best time to exhibit information about FFXV. Instead we are currently planning to exhibit new information at events after E3 2014. I am extremely grateful to all the fans who excitedly anticipate FFXV, and I’m looking forward to share new information when the timing is right. I would appreciate if fans hold out until then.

Update 2: Shinji Hashimto: " Instead, a different Final Fantasy will come to light at E3."
Which game do you think that would be? Possibly Final Fantasy Type-0?

http://sqex.info/

Last edited:

UNKLE

Red Wings Commander
Oct 26, 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY????????? I don't want to see Disney shits donald duck and other shits NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I cant believe there is no ff15 for E3 and no release date AGAIN!! I hope shinji just joking.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
今年のE3が『ファイナルファンタジーXV』の情報を公開するのに最適のタイミングではないと判断しました。その代わりに、今年のE3以降のイベントで新情報を公開しようと、いまも準備をしています。
So they decided that E3 this year isn't the right time to publish new information of FF15. But they will try to publish new information in the event after E3 in this year.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I can't say I'm surprised, but I was expecting just a tiny piece of something, even if it was 5 seconds of new gameplay, or just a few words about the game mentioned at some point. It's possible something could be spoken about briefly, but doesn't sound like any videos will be shown now. It's saddening, but I won't lose any sleep over it - just like I haven't for the past 8 years. It'll come.

But I've always fully believed TGS will be when they show off the game more this year. We'll see.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I do feel sorry for the people that were getting hyped over every tiny piece of info and mistranslation, thinking it all meant SE would be showing off FFXV at E3... I mean, this is FFXV. And it's SE. You can't set your hopes high at all.

Hell, even if I expect TGS to be when they reveal a lot more info, it still wouldn't even shock me if they just flat out skipped it. Nothing surprises me with this game and company any more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I wouldn't be shocked at all if they decided to spend the whole year without releasing any info.

And until they show me otherwise, I'll think of this more of a vaporware than as a game. Yeah, I'm pissed off even if this was pretty obvious xD.

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Man, I hate to be right. Still, I'm pretty pissed right now...
But if they announce some sort of HD remake to Type-0 for Vita I will "forget" this.

Half-expected from all of us at by now. The evidence (or lack of FFXV evidence) pointed to it.

If it's any consolation, we may get a new Deus Ex instead, so all isn't lost. Well, unless you don't particularly care for the Eidos side, or if they ruin Deus Ex, and you've waited long enough for more FFXV, only to be told to wait some more. It's like a special form of torture that you need to train yourself not to be too affected by it anymore.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
Yeah it's a huge disappointment but at the same time, I kind of expected it. It's gonna be hard to keep the community hyped about the game and in my opinion, our expectations are way too high. If the game ends up being "just good" or "very good" a lot of us will be pissed off. This better be the best Final Fantasy game ever made.

Slickyslacker

PSICOM Soldier
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
...Okay, okay, there's a fair chance we're getting Type-0.

I don't know about you, but that's kind of enough of a consolation for me. I've been wondering about how they would time it if it were to happen, and that it would have to release significantly sooner than FF XV.

TRI Mike

ShinRa SOLDIER
Type-0 might be a very cool announcement but don't get your hopes up. Remember we're also to see something Lightning-related¿ A translation said it's not a new game but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a compilation of the FNC trilogy on PSquadruple/Xboner.