Spoiler Impressions on NeoGAF

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
All that and you haven't even played the game yet. =p
Ive read multiple impressions and all of them say the story from chapters 1-8 is virtually nonexisitant, and 9-13 are just dungeons and set pieces. yeah not looking that great. The story is shoehorned in the end of the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014

You have to have the weirdest posting history I've ever seen in a forum. With the whole "leaks are fake 100% even if we can't know for sure" (I don't know if they're true or not, so there's no clue in here), the "don't post spoilers" and the blind hype and hope to spoiling the game for yourself and this. At least play the game, man.

I know I'll sound as an hypocrite in a matter of time considering that I don't think Old Noctis is going to be avaible beyond some shitty cutscene or fight (I truly can't stand his younger design), but oh, boy.
I didnt look for spoilers I just read the impressions thread on gaf and was devastated.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Its multiple people saying this.
Remember my little sermon to you yesterday? Some people are dumb. Just stop reading the spoilers. You believe everything you read and that's not helping anything. Just sit back and wait for the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Remember my little sermon to you yesterday? Some people are dumb. Just stop reading the spoilers. You believe everything you read and that's not helping anything. Just sit back and wait for the game.
Thing is once I heard Tenabre was cut it really hit me hard, I want to stay postive on the game but one of the biggest reasons I was hype was to explore Tenabre believe it or not and even Solhiem and I hear thats cut too. Of course I also wanted a great story throughout the game and it pains me the first 8 chapters are light on it.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
That's why it's not a good idea to expect specific things. Just wait until you can play the game and see if these things even matter in the long run. Go in pretending you know nothing about it.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
That's why it's not a good idea to expect specific things. Just wait until you can play the game and see if these things even matter in the long run. Go in pretending you know nothing about it.
I expected things that were advertised, Tenabre was advertised in the world of wonder trailer.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I expected things that were advertised, Tenabre was advertised in the world of wonder trailer.
It was never advertised (or even stated) as an explorable place, though. Same for Insomnia, not even in Versus days (I'm talking about classic city exploration and not a battlefield or dungeon).

Have skimmed through this thread (I've only checked a few posts, the ones I replied to, mainly), but I'm assuming it isn't explorable or is very small. Not that I'm happy with it, but it was a very likely outcome.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
It was never advertised (or even stated) as an explorable place, though. Same for Insomnia, not even in Versus days (I'm talking about classic city exploration and not a battlefield or dungeon).

Have skimmed through this thread (I've only checked a few posts, the ones I replied, mainly), but I'm assuming it isn't explorable or is very small. Not that I'm happy with it, but it was a very likely outcome.
Well you cant even go there at all.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
And Tennabrae is in the game.

Insomnia is in the WoW trailer, but you can't just go walking around that one either.
Its in there but you cant get access to it, you can only see it in the window of a train station.
Insomnia at least you can explore it a little like a dungeon.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Anyways, what is incredibly eye-rolling here is you dismissing people's capabilites as console game directors, writers et al (going as far as calling Tabata incompetent) when you haven't even played the game.

That's what's laughable, not being dissapointed by Tenebrae, which is understandable enough (I reiterate myself here in regards to the main character's design).

If you told me Uncharted 4's story and characters' actions in a series of bulletpoints, I'd be dissapointed as fuck; it's all in how it plays out in the game, the pacing of it and the presentation. When you've played the whole game, then you can judge a person's capability as a director. Not now.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
My point
Anyways, what is incredibly eye-rolling here is you dismissing people's capabilites as console game directors, writers et al (going as far as calling Tabata incompetent) when you haven't even played the game.

That's what's laughable, not being dissapointed by this, which is understandable enough (I repeat myself here in regards to the main character's design).

If you told me Uncharted 4's story in a series of bulletpoints, I'd be dissapointed as fuck; it's all in how it plays out in the game, the pacing of it and the presentation. When you've played the whole game, then you can judge a person's capability as a director. Not now.
Yes I do admit, I am not basing this on playing the game myself. Again the story in the last few chapters could be great. But there is alot of red flags. Like the story only picking up in the last few chapters, this gives me the impression that its going to go by to fast and be rushed instead of being evenly developed throughout the whole game. Also again ive just heard the story in the end is a series of set pieces and dungeons one after another. And also the other characters dont get developed well just Noctis. I have also seen the ending and given my opinion on it in a thread I made. (it was underwhelming to me)

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
My point

Yes I do admit, I am not basing this on playing the game myself. Again the story in the last few chapters could be great. But there is alot of red flags. Like the story only picking up in the last few chapters, this gives me the impression that its going to go by to fast and be rushed instead of being evenly developed throughout the whole game. Also again ive just heard the story in the end is a series of set pieces and dungeons one after another. And also the other characters dont get developed well just Noctis.
If I were you, I'd stop looking at spoilers or even people's impressions of them. Every person is a world, and this game, while looking to be flawed, attracts and incredible amount of shiposting.

For example, the dungeon thing. It shouldn't be bad. Previous FFs were literally just dungeons and cities, as the overworld was an excuse to make you move from a place to another, especially during the ending streechtes. A dungeon doesn't necessarily mean a cave or a base. It could be a pretty big, intricate for all we know. It could be a battle-worn city. An airship. And FFs have always have set-pieces. It's only normal for this to double down in that sense considering the technical capabilities and the combat, which allows for these set-pieces to, potentially, be fun.

The story thing is a legitimate concern, as I have a similar one. But again, you should just relax, get your mind off this game until you're able to play it. And, well, when you get it, play it. There's nothing you can do now but just become increasingly worried about stuff that you might agree or disagree with. But it's futile as of now, man!

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
If you told me Uncharted 4's story in a series of bulletpoints, I'd be dissapointed as fuck; it's all in how it plays out in the game, the pacing of it and the presentation. When you've played the whole game, then you can judge a person's capability as a director. Not now.
Yes, this is why spoilers are bad. And why obsessing over other people's impressions of them is even worse. Now you're not only just getting bullet points, you're getting someone's bullet points on those bullet points.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
If Tenabre is explorable and the story is good, I would take everything I said in my big post back.
It was a knee jerk reaction after hearing some negative things and I wanted to vent. I have a bad habit of it.