[SPOILERS] Kingdom Hearts 3 - WW Release Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Verpic15

Balamb Garden Freshman
Mar 15, 2014
So KH3 secret ending is out now. It is so amazing. Nomura is making something very interesting. As a huge fan of FFXV while it was directed by him, I’m so hyped now.

So the Verum rex is a real thing. Citadel is back, the mood, bgm choice, everything is just like Nomura’s ffxv. So happy. 76FD844A-74B2-44BB-8757-19B8EC42757D.jpeg A87CF200-46A9-4196-A498-477948361BB8.jpeg E7EBD116-D67B-4367-BCF5-4C735CB9EE3E.jpeg

Last edited:

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Upon completing the game in Eng now, I still rate it as 8.5/10
A very fun and enjoyable experience, absolutely worth all the wait. Also a good and satisfying end to the Xehanort saga.

Graphics in this game are simply amazing, we really have reached and surpassed the level of CGI cutscenes from 2005 when KH2 came out. And I was pleasantly surprised that on the PS4 PRO (at 1080p) the game runs at pretty much consistent 60 fps with few dips far in between.
Soundtrack is godly and probably the best in the series.
There's a huge enemy variety and even more options on how to deal with them, while boss encounters are all well made and felt very climactic.

However I'd still place it slightly bellow KH II FM, especially in terms of combat and story pacing. The major story pretty much happens in the final 5-6 hours of the game and Disney worlds are there just to fulfil the Disney worlds quota (obviously to cater to newcomers who don't know anything about the story and just went in for the Disney fun).
Still, I felt very satisfied with the end game and all major threads in the Xehanort saga being pretty much resolved (there were few cutscenes, though, where the direction was pretty bad, but those were rare instances).

While the combat is a lot better than I anticipated and has a good balance between feeling overpowered and threatened by the foes (especially some of the bosses and link portals), I missed the snappy and tight flow of KH2's combat where there were fewer elements, but each of them worked in tandem flawlessly (especially eviden in the Critical mode which is the only definitive way to play the game anyway). Also Drive forms are so much better and cool than Formchanges (which were still pretty fun to use).

All in all, if you're a fan of the series, you'll definitely have a blast. Newcomers, I imagine, would be overwhelmed by the plot points, but will still have a blast from all the visual spectacle the gameplay offers.

Now to wait for the Final Mix version to include more powerful boss encounters.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
So KH3 secret ending is out now. It is so amazing. Nomura is making something very interesting. As a huge fan of FFXV while it was directed by him, I’m so hyped now.

So the Verum rex is a real thing. Citadel is back, the mood, bgm choice, everything is just like Nomura’s ffxv. So happy. View attachment 1090 View attachment 1091 View attachment 1092

Hoold the fuck up. Is the madman actually doing it? Were all these rumors for real all these years?
Honestly, it's quite shocking, I don't even know what to say. Whew...

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Hoold the fuck up. Is the madman actually doing it? Were all these rumors for real all these years?
Honestly, it's quite shocking, I don't even know what to say. Whew...
The XV world in KH3 is it Verum Rex? What if this is a DLC for KH3 like a big DLC and Verum Rex is an upcoming world and well
FFVersusXV 2020 announcement

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
I don't think anyone posted a link to the full secred ending? SPOILERS FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3 of course!
okay guys what do you think? this screams versus but as a person who doesn't know much about kh why is this guy in coat (and who is he) showing heart on moon? xD also 1:32 somnus aaaaa
but somehow i don't think it will connect to ff xv because the tokyo metropolitan goverment building looks more like it looked in versus, in ff xv they turned it into more "royal" castle. Is it going to be a dlc tho? I don't get why it is a secret ending xD

Feb 18, 2018
I don't think anyone posted a link to the full secred ending? SPOILERS FOR KINGDOM HEARTS 3 of course!
okay guys what do you think? this screams versus but as a person who doesn't know much about kh why is this guy in coat (and who is he) showing heart on moon? xD also 1:32 somnus aaaaa
but somehow i don't think it will connect to ff xv because the tokyo metropolitan goverment building looks more like it looked in versus, in ff xv they turned it into more "royal" castle. Is it going to be a dlc tho? I don't get why it is a secret ending xD
Few things to note.

Yozora, the main character of Verum Rex (dude in the secret ending that looks like noctis) translates to Night Sky in english, which translates to Noctis Caelum in latin.

Verum Rex means True King.

We see the Insomnia building with a few Somnus notes in the background..

The dude in the coat is probably the Master of Masters from KH Back Cover, also he is voiced by Ray Chase lol. He basically has power of foresight and can see into the future because he put his eye on a keyblade long ago, this keyblade has been passed on through generations so he is always there, watching. There's way more into him but it'll take too long to explain.

Also it is a secret ending because it shows
where Sora ended up after KH3, we thought that he basically sacrificed himself to save Kairi because we see him fading at the end of KH3, and Kairi crying, but it looks like he just ended up in another world. Riku probably went after him.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
okay guys what do you think? this screams versus but as a person who doesn't know much about kh why is this guy in coat (and who is he) showing heart on moon?
The figure in the coat is speculated to be the Master of Masters - a guy who lived in ancient times and was the original master of keyblade weilders and a prophet of sorts, who one day just disappeared. Before that he sow seeds of distrust between his pupils which led to an event known as "Keyblade War" which destroyed the original word. Also, he's voiced by Ray Chase, the same VA as Noctis.

The heart moon thingy is very common in this franchise and symbolises the Kingdom Hearts itself (which is the heart/soul of all worlds)

Feb 19, 2018
If it is indeed supposed to be a mimic of FFXV/Versus XIII I wish they would have just straight up used Noctis and Insomnia. I've got like zero investment in Yozora whereas Noct is a known character that people can recognize and form a connection with. This way we get our FF representation back while Nomura gets to carry out his petty revenge. As is, this whole thing reeks of something akin to dating someone that looks like your ex in order to make them jealous. Who knows though, maybe by the time this thing comes to fruition Nomura will change his mind and actually include FF again.

Edit: Also how in the hell did Riku get teleported there? I could've sworn he was happily playing on the beach with the rest of the gang at the end of KH3. Did he go after Sora at some point? I'm curious what kinda connection they're teasing between him and Yozora aside from them looking like twins.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
actually i think that riku ended up in versus xiii insomnia (or something like that...i wonder if they named the guy yozora etc because they couldn't use noctis?) and sora in the world ends with you world...that's my guess since the building that has this "109" in shibuya in twewy is "104" and same is here but it's just guessing xD

Feb 19, 2018
actually i think that riku ended up in versus xiii insomnia (or something like that...i wonder if they named the guy yozora etc because they couldn't use noctis?) and sora in the world ends with you world...that's my guess since the building that has this "109" in shibuya in twewy is "104" and same is here but it's just guessing xD
Yeah Sora is definitely in TWEWY. Riku's part of the ending is the more mysterious one since it seems they're not only teasing a connection between him and Yozora but they've got a lot of Versus XIII/FFXV-esque stuff going on without actually having Versus XIII/FFXV there. So I'm more curious about what Nomura wants to do with Riku since Sora's part seems a bit more straight forward. Also I doubt they can't use Noctis since he's a Square Enix property and Nomura's creation no less. He should be extremely easy to use if Nomura wants so I think he's deliberately using someone similar to Noctis without it actually being Noctis for whatever reason he may have.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
If it is indeed supposed to be a mimic of FFXV/Versus XIII I wish they would have just straight up used Noctis and Insomnia. I've got like zero investment in Yozora whereas Noct is a known character that people can recognize and form a connection with. This way we get our FF representation back while Nomura gets to carry out his petty revenge. .
I feel the same. Probably Nomura wants to distance himself from XV while still fulfilling his original concept. Or that silly 4chan leak will turn out to be true so Verum Rex is just a world based on Versus, while the actual remake of XV under Nomura will still happen.
No matter the outcome, we're in for another ride, for years to come.

Feb 19, 2018
I feel the same. Probably Nomura wants to distance himself from XV while still fulfilling his original concept. Or that silly 4chan leak will turn out to be true so Verum Rex is just a world based on Versus, while the actual remake of XV under Nomura will still happen.
No matter the outcome, we're in for another ride, for years to come.
Yep definitely gonna be another crazy long ride, that's for certain. Interested to see what sort of insanity Nomura cooks up.

Both him and Riku are in the same city -
at this timestap you can see both the central street plaza + the building in the distance where Riku is.
Oh damn nice catch. Huh, then I honestly have no clue anymore. My guess is we'll probably find out more when or if Nomura adds that DLC he's been talking about, later down the line. He said no Final Mix but that he's open to making a big DLC package that would act as a Final Mix addition. Maybe we'll get some sort of expanded context for all this that way.

Dorothy95

Sphere Hunter
Jan 5, 2018
Yeah Sora is definitely in TWEWY. Riku's part of the ending is the more mysterious one since it seems they're not only teasing a connection between him and Yozora but they've got a lot of Versus XIII/FFXV-esque stuff going on without actually having Versus XIII/FFXV there. So I'm more curious about what Nomura wants to do with Riku since Sora's part seems a bit more straight forward. Also I doubt they can't use Noctis since he's a Square Enix property and Nomura's creation no less. He should be extremely easy to use if Nomura wants so I think he's deliberately using someone similar to Noctis without it actually being Noctis for whatever reason he may have.
maybe it will be another alternate reality or something...so he can do original versus xiii too.... idk xD

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
If it is indeed supposed to be a mimic of FFXV/Versus XIII I wish they would have just straight up used Noctis and Insomnia. I've got like zero investment in Yozora whereas Noct is a known character that people can recognize and form a connection with. This way we get our FF representation back while Nomura gets to carry out his petty revenge. As is, this whole thing reeks of something akin to dating someone that looks like your ex in order to make them jealous. Who knows though, maybe by the time this thing comes to fruition Nomura will change his mind and actually include FF again.

Edit: Also how in the hell did Riku get teleported there? I could've sworn he was happily playing on the beach with the rest of the gang at the end of KH3. Did he go after Sora at some point? I'm curious what kinda connection they're teasing between him and Yozora aside from them looking like twins.
What if Yozora is actually Noctis like how Leon is Squall Leonhart.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
The Nomura hate here is so funny. The man is out there making a new game unrelated to versus13 yet these angry children are still accusing him of random shit.
To be fair, it's clear that Nomura still hasn't let go of the Versus concept.

The secret movie for KHIII involves Sora and Riku appearing in the real world, with cameos of the Tokyo Government Building used as reference for the Citadel, Shibuya crossing, and Yozora from Verum Rex!

It's the assumption that not letting go equals either bitterness or a desire to make an alternate FFXV that's the ridiculous part.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Final Fantasy XV brought fans who had never even heard of Final Fantasy into the fold, but then Tabata left and the new fans were pissed and left with him and everything went right back to the way it was.
that makes no sense whatsoever

its not like Tabata became some mega popular director, far from it, most of the new fans dont even know or care he left the company.

Edit: SPOLEIRS
KHIII just watched KHIII secret movie wtf, thats a Versus copy-paste even the music sounds like Somnus lmao

this fucking franchise xD

Last edited by a moderator:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
To be fair, it's clear that Nomura still hasn't let go of the Versus concept.

The secret movie for KHIII involves Sora and Riku appearing in the real world, with cameos of the Tokyo Government Building used as reference for the Citadel, Shibuya crossing, and Yozora from Verum Rex!

It's the assumption that not letting go equals either bitterness or a desire to make an alternate FFXV that's the ridiculous part.
I feel I must add a slight correction. While Riku's area appears to be a realistic Shinjuku/Central Insomnia-type place, the place where Sora is has the "Shibuya 104" building from TWEWY. And since that's a world that seemingly vanished and didn't returned (as stated by Joshua in DDD), I'd say Sora's trapped in the Realm of Sleep, probably in the TWEWY world.