[SPOILERS] Kingdom Hearts 3 - WW Release Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I feel I must add a slight correction. While Riku's area appears to be a realistic Shinjuku/Central Insomnia-type place, the place where Sora is has the "Shibuya 104" building from TWEWY. And since that's a world that seemingly vanished and didn't returned (as stated by Joshua in DDD), I'd say Sora's trapped in the Realm of Sleep, probably in the TWEWY world.
Shibuya might have the same building designations as TWEWY, but it'd be very strange for TWEWY to be portrayed with hyper-realistic graphics rather than in its own graphical style if it's really meant to be that version of Shibuya. It's possible that they're just using TWEWY signs for real!Shibuya in order to avoid having to put any real brands on the sign.

Feb 19, 2018
What if Yozora is actually Noctis like how Leon is Squall Leonhart.
That... could actually be the case. Nomura isn't above changing up FF characters and putting a KH spin on them like turning Yuna into a fairy, Squall into Leon, Cloud into a Vincent cosplayer, Sephiroth into the literal darkness of Cloud's heart etc. Ok now I'm a little more hyped for Yozora.

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
Okay, theory time:
By having Versus XIII cancelled and TWEWY not selling enough to green light a sequel, Nomura has decided to make the next spin off about recicling both concepts.
After the ending of III Kairi and Sora end up in Shinjuku and trapped into the Reapers game. This time each day is a different Disney World but will have Shibuya as the HUB area. The story will go deep into the TWEWY lore, which can be tied to Versus XIII glorification of death and their deities(changing the Cristal for Joshua, or something like that). Having Yozora and his crue as the side characters fighting the Reapers.
First week is Sora and Kairi, where Kairi wins and is taken back at Destiny Islands.
Second week is Sora with Yozora. Where at the end, Sora discovers that Yozora was forced to kill her partner to survive the first week (chao,chao Stella).
In the third week, Riku will show up to rescue Sora and everyone will ally to finish off the Reapers.

Against tradition, this spin off will not progress the new story of the foretellers and it only will be about taking Sora back home.

Only for Switch.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
Lmao, yeah I honestly expect this to be a teaser for a non numbered title. I think we're gonna see another Dream Drop Distance type of game (watch that one drop at the beginning be code for DDD2) focused primarily on Sora and Riku where the next major conflict gets set up. I just hope they don't put it on handheld or alienate PS4 and Xbox just so they can get experimental with the Switch.

Inb4 there's a mechanic where you gotta dock the system to play as Sora and play portable to play as Riku or some shit like that.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
This whole VR thing is probably the best thing that could have happened to fans of versus13. It was obvious that XV is what it is, but I will gladly take another approach to Nomura's original versus13 story as long as the themes and setting are similar - which they are. I can deal with new names for these characters. What a time to be alive!

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
This whole VR thing is probably the best thing that could have happened to fans of versus13. It was obvious that XV is what it is, but I will gladly take another approach to Nomura's original versus13 story as long as the themes and setting are similar - which they are. I can deal with new names for these characters. What a time to be alive!
Who says he's using new characters I mean if he actually wants to tell his Versus XIII story no reason he can't just use the Versus XIII characters. I mean if he wants tease it in KH sure but I'd rather he use a different game entirely to tell his story with his created characters, universe and concepts.

Feb 3, 2019
Okay, maybe I am just crazy and still disappointed that we never got versus. But is it just me or is The secret ending in KH3 hinting towards A versus remake?
First off, there was a 4chan rumor years ago that versus XIII will be revived in some way..
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5fpz47/4chan_rumor_versus_reboot_happening_soon/
The leaker said that the FFXV reboot will be teased during KH3.. That teaser could be the secret ending. Remember A LOT of leaks were real about FFXV and no one believed them.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/143527588437032961/253527733911420928/unknown.png

Now about where could Riku and Sora at..At first it looks like they wake in different areas of shibuya in TWEWY. You can tell because of the 104 building (based off the 109 building in Tokyo). But other than that.. there are no references to TWEWY. I started thinking, in FFXV a lot of the buildings in insomnia is based off Tokyo buildings too, its possible Nomura wanted to include the 104 building in insomnia. Heres a gameplay trailer of Versus XIII. It looks like it could be the area where riku is at in the Secret ending.
And guess what music plays when Riku walks by those buildings with Yozora looking down?
Somnus.
Somnus:

Now onto Yozora. Looks very familiar right? He pretty much looks like noctis except without the white hair and red eye. He also has skull and cross bone symbols on his outfit, just like Noctis has on his shirt. Yozora in the Verum Rex Toy story trailer, you see he has friends following him just like FFXV. Theres two, but one looks like ignis and the other looks like prompto with a different hair color. The woman in trouble looks like Stella from versus.

Its not just the secret ending that could be hinting towards FFXV reboot, the secret boss is also a hint.The secret boss in KH3 looks very similar to FF ifrit, and ifrit was important in FFXV
And what do you get after beating him.. The Crystal Regalia.. The Regalia is the car in FFXV. Nomura is definitely hinting towards something to do with versus or FFXV. It could be a KH game with FF worlds, or its teasing the next KH world and could just be shibuya with FF characters.

Feb 19, 2018
So I just had a thought occur to me... a lot of people, out of excitement and hype, are jumping to the conclusion that Verum Rex will deliver those dark Versus XIII vibes but everyone's forgetting one key thing. It's taking place in KH. I doubt Disney's gonna allow the series to get super dark and gritty. So I think people might be setting themselves up for disappointment again like with the original Versus in regards to what they think they will get versus what they're probably actually getting.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
So I just had a thought occur to me... a lot of people, out of excitement and hype, are jumping to the conclusion that Verum Rex will deliver those dark Versus XIII vibes but everyone's forgetting one key thing. It's taking place in KH. I doubt Disney's gonna allow the series to get super dark and gritty. So I think people might be setting themselves up for disappointment again like with the original Versus in regards to what they think they will get versus what they're probably actually getting.
I suspect that depends on how "those dark Versus XIII vibes" are defined.

Obviously, KHIV isn't going to be an M-rated violent spectacle, the way lots of people assumed that Versus would have been. But, as KHIII itself demonstrates, themes don't increase ratings. Sora can bear witness to the violent ends of Pirates of the Caribbean characters; he can be killed and talk to the hearts of people who refuse to move on from this life (including a little girl who wants to see her daddy, what the heck Nomura?!); he can chase the Heartless Grim Reaper; he can be forced to watch as the main villain effectively uses his girlfriend as a human sacrifice; he can stop a plot to eradicate all human life. The catch is "no realistic violence on-screen."

I just read through the secret reports, and the Foretellers are seriously starting to remind me of Bhunivelze and the Fal'Cie. MoM gives the Foretellers their task and disappears; Luxu plots to use a scapegoat to open Kingdom Hearts (hence annihilating all human life) to bring MoM back. I can definitely see Nomura bringing some of his old Versus ideas back, even if they're not going to look the same in an E10 game as they would in an M game.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
So the Verum rex is a real thing. Citadel is back, the mood, bgm choice, everything is just like Nomura’s ffxv. So happy.
Nothing beats the mood of walking around ficitional Tokyo with empty streets. It made VXIII looked interesting to me but in the end we got a totally different thing.

Feb 19, 2018
I suspect that depends on how "those dark Versus XIII vibes" are defined.

Obviously, KHIV isn't going to be an M-rated violent spectacle, the way lots of people assumed that Versus would have been. But, as KHIII itself demonstrates, themes don't increase ratings. Sora can bear witness to the violent ends of Pirates of the Caribbean characters; he can be killed and talk to the hearts of people who refuse to move on from this life (including a little girl who wants to see her daddy, what the heck Nomura?!); he can chase the Heartless Grim Reaper; he can be forced to watch as the main villain effectively uses his girlfriend as a human sacrifice; he can stop a plot to eradicate all human life. The catch is "no realistic violence on-screen."

I just read through the secret reports, and the Foretellers are seriously starting to remind me of Bhunivelze and the Fal'Cie. MoM gives the Foretellers their task and disappears; Luxu plots to use a scapegoat to open Kingdom Hearts (hence annihilating all human life) to bring MoM back. I can definitely see Nomura bringing some of his old Versus ideas back, even if they're not going to look the same in an E10 game as they would in an M game.
True, the themes could very well be there but I feel like a lot of people pay little mind to themes especially when they call FFXV lighthearted compared to Versus. It's why I feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment because to a lot of people a story isn't dark because of its themes but more because of the presentation of those themes which often get overlooked if they're presented in a non ultra violent manner.

Like a lot of people call Disney movies baby shit just cuz their stories are presented in the packaging of cutesy animated characters but thematically most of their movies are dark as hell. You can't deny that a large part of why Versus is considered dark is because of that ultra gritty and violent presentation otherwise there wouldn't be any criticism of XV being too lighthearted despite still retaining a lot of Versus' themes even if it wasn't in a 1 to 1 fashion.

So that's why I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment, because that's just what Versus is to a lot of them, it's not the themes of the story, just the ultra violent and moody packaging.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
True, the themes could very well be there but I feel like a lot of people pay little mind to themes especially when they call FFXV lighthearted compared to Versus. It's why I feel like people are setting themselves up for disappointment because to a lot of people a story isn't dark because of its themes but more because of the presentation of those themes which often get overlooked if they're presented in a non ultra violent manner.

Like a lot of people call Disney movies baby shit just cuz their stories are presented in the packaging of cutesy animated characters but thematically most of their movies are dark as hell. You can't deny that a large part of why Versus is considered dark is because of that ultra gritty and violent presentation otherwise there wouldn't be any criticism of XV being too lighthearted despite still retaining a lot of Versus' themes even if it wasn't in a 1 to 1 fashion.

So that's why I think people are setting themselves up for disappointment, because that's just what Versus is to a lot of them, it's not the themes of the story, just the ultra violent and moody packaging.
I have to wonder whether even the original Versus would have been accused of being too lighthearted had it come to fruition. I mean, I suspect that the comradery and road trip vibes have as much to do with that label as the decrease in explicit violence does, especially given that FFXV is a fairly hard T, ratings-wise. Not to mention, Versus' reputation for being "ultra gritty and violent" had as much to do with the juxtaposition between it and what people expected from Final Fantasy in 2006 as anything else; what was actually shown probably would have been a low M.

...basically, I kind of doubt that people who wanted the ultra violent and moody packaging ever would have been satisfied, even before the themes were repackaged for KH use. XD; I guess it's possible that there would have been some people who'd be happier with some of the apparent Versus themes that KH can't fully replicate (I highly doubt Disney would allow protagonists to worship a death goddess =P ), but I think in a lot of ways, fan expectations for Versus were built into something that it never could have met.

Feb 19, 2018
I have to wonder whether even the original Versus would have been accused of being too lighthearted had it come to fruition. I mean, I suspect that the comradery and road trip vibes have as much to do with that label as the decrease in explicit violence does, especially given that FFXV is a fairly hard T, ratings-wise. Not to mention, Versus' reputation for being "ultra gritty and violent" had as much to do with the juxtaposition between it and what people expected from Final Fantasy in 2006 as anything else; what was actually shown probably would have been a low M.

...basically, I kind of doubt that people who wanted the ultra violent and moody packaging ever would have been satisfied, even before the themes were repackaged for KH use. XD; I guess it's possible that there would have been some people who'd be happier with some of the apparent Versus themes that KH can't fully replicate (I highly doubt Disney would allow protagonists to worship a death goddess =P ), but I think in a lot of ways, fan expectations for Versus were built into something that it never could have met.
Well said, I think Versus never fully being realized also caused everyone to create their own idealized version of it in their heads with assumptions of what they think it could've been. Since there's no actual Versus to weigh those expectations against the project has become the perfection that never was in a lot of people's minds and each person's vision of that perfection is different.

So there's ultimately no way Versus could have lived up to everyone's expectations if it were to come out now and maybe it's for the best if we're just seeing different aspects of it realized in different projects at this point. That way it seems everyone or at least most can get their version of Versus and be happy. People who wanted the brotherhood aspect got XV, people who wanted to double down on the moodiness get Verum Rex, and people who want super violent Versus might see their wish fulfilled in Lost Soul Aside, if that ever comes out, since the maker of that game was also inspired by FFXV/Versus.

Vallen

Forest Owl
Mar 4, 2018
True. Unless KH4 drops Disney altogether. People are speculating it might go into the direction of visiting gaming worlds instead, in which case anything is fair game.

Omnitrix

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 24, 2018
This is from Verum Rex trailer. Shibuya Street? Maybe we will got Versus XIII with Shibuya name from TWEWY?

Last edited:

Lord_Ham_Mork

SOLDIER Second Class
Feb 23, 2018
It´s been 10 days since I finished the game and i´ve been thinking a lot about what was pulling me off from enjoying most part of the game, which led me to a sad conclusion. The game has 2 big problems, one is that it´s too easy, which has an easy solution, a harder difficulty mode. The other is unsolvable.

The script is awful. Every cutscene drags with slow dialogue, it´s filled with overexplanations that don´t have any use for the enjoyment of the game and contradicts a lot said in other games and interviews. Also, it sets various events that end not happening at all and the worst part is that too many of this cutscenes interrupt the gameplay. All the best bosses except the final one gets interrupted by long cinematics every 20 secons of gameplay, without any trigger or visual clue.

This two problems break the mood of fantastic bosses and moments that i long waited to see. I can´t imagine a Final Mix dlc solving the problems related with cutscenes.

I usually post in the FFXV forum, a game with big lacks but great elements in it. This title had plenty of holes to be filled, but those have been and could be addressed by adding content and polishing some of the rough edges. But KHIII is a complete experience with abundant work on it that it´s simply no good. And that cannot be removed.

SerjAngelo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, upon having some days to digest KH III, I would also lower my score I gave to it from 8.5 to just an 8 or even 7.5.
The biggest reason for me is that it doesn't feel like a mainline entry - just another side game with good graphics.

The stuff that disappoints the most is the complete lack of mid-game, FF representation, Disney worlds being absolutely pointless to story progression and core gameplay being filled too much with gimmicks (seriously, I called Attraction Flow being a bad inclusion since when they were first shown in 2013).
The dialogue is awkward and cheesy indeed, but it's nothing new to the series.

Still the game is really well polished, the worlds themselves are done outstandingly and the gameplay variety makes it fun to return to and play.
If I was to rate KH as a series currently, it'd be KH II FM > KH I FM > KH III > KH BBS > KH DDD > KH RE:COM (haven't played the re:Coded, GBA COM or Days so not including them).

Last edited:

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
tbh a bunch of kids fighting an army of generic robots with digital-looking skills isnt exactly what I wanted from Versus XIII.

the fuss around VR isnt justified personally, even more if its only going to be a side-world inside KH.