SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Probably old, but I just found this on /v:

They recently released a higher res version of the painting, it seems.

So yeah, if it wasn't incredibly obvious before, the bearded guy represents Gladio and the blind one... yeah, Ignis. With the redesigns, I actually can see a very slight resemblence in a physical level, as Gladio has a fuller beardstyle in the future and Noctis longer, flowing hair and a beard.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
This trailer is rife with titbits, and since this is the thread for spoilers, I'll spoilerate at top speed!
*The whole thing is highly ominous.
*Luna's words about Noctis' role and her role form the core of the trailer's emotional impact. I'm sure the second young voice is Noctis, with Luna explaining the situation. Noctis is the "chosen one", probably chosen by the crystal.
*Noctis is clearly being afflicted by some kind of malign power, probably the same force that tried to destroy him after his near-death experience. It's defined as a madness in the trailer description, so it's probably that force twisting Noctis' actions into serving its own purpose. It all culminates in what appears to be Noctis killing Luna (which gutted me when I first saw it).
*The final scenes are interesting. They appear to show Regis conversing with the crystal, and the crystal appears to be wishing for one person's death. Possibly Luna as the other lines seem to indicate that Noctis will take responsibility for Luna's death, whether he killed her or not.
*I find it somewhat telling that the voice talking to Regis is male and not female. That should put pay to some stuff I've heard around that the goddess in the logo is the main antagonist or something like that. I also doubt it's one of the Astrals, but it could be the Lucii, the Crystal itself, or... something else.

Last edited:

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I just realised that ESRB rating mentioned "woman got stabbed off-screen", and we've seen Luna getting stabbed off-screen in Omen trailer.
So its probably going to happen this way :(

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
We also know for a fact Noctis will obtain her Trident, which was also seen in a footage alongside the rest of the Armiger weapons.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
So apparently spell casting now changes the environment/weather. In the recent PGW stream when they used Firaga, the environment was tinted with an orange hue. Apparently there's a gif floating around in which when he casts lightning, the clouds become darker. With this, do you think its possible that casting enough lightning spells, maybe in succession, could cause Ramuh to come out and do this thing? Ofc it should be optional whether or not you want him to come out, but yeah. I don't currently have time to find the lightning spell changing the clouds, but here's fire.
Oh and spell casting is much faster even when just tapping 'O', which is great.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I just realised that ESRB rating mentioned "woman got stabbed off-screen", and we've seen Luna getting stabbed off-screen in Omen trailer.
So its probably going to happen this way :(
If the Omen trailer is supposed to represent a bad future we're trying to prevent, shouldn't the game itself show the relevant parts of that vision to ensure the people who didn't watch the trailer are in the loop? There's nothing in the ESRB synopsis that would rule out the described events happening in a vision. >.>

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
So apparently spell casting now changes the environment/weather. In the recent PGW stream when they used Firaga, the environment was tinted with an orange hue. Apparently there's a gif floating around in which when he casts lightning, the clouds become darker. With this, do you think its possible that casting enough lightning spells, maybe in succession, could cause Ramuh to come out and do this thing? Ofc it should be optional whether or not you want him to come out, but yeah. I don't currently have time to find the lightning spell changing the clouds, but here's fire.
Oh and spell casting is much faster even when just tapping 'O', which is great.
I've seen the gif and yeah, you're right. It looks really cool and makes magic even more impactful, as it should.

ACTUALLY, didn't the same happen in that 2011 Versus trailer? I think it was Noctis casting Thunder in the countryside, while the sky suddenly becomes dark. Man, it's been too long since I last watched any Versus related thing (barring the 2006 teaser), so I'm not sure.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Okay, so with sword of the mystic's warp strike being a couple of magic missiles and then you warp to the enemy, what kind of magic is it? Like...why do the phantom weapons have magic? And I doubt its Noctis' magic as he only does those specific magical moves using the Phantom weapons and not using his own normal weapons. Are they made in a similar way to the ring? Do they have a piece of the crystal in it? Does the crystal give him the ability to use specific abilities with each phantom weapon? Or is it the old kings somehow giving him the magic power only when he uses those weapons?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Okay, so with sword of the mystic's warp strike being a couple of magic missiles and then you warp to the enemy, what kind of magic is it? Like...why do the phantom weapons have magic? And I doubt its Noctis' magic as he only does those specific magical moves using the Phantom weapons and not using his own normal weapons. Are they made in a similar way to the ring? Do they have a piece of the crystal in it? Does the crystal give him the ability to use specific abilities with each phantom weapon? Or is it the old kings somehow giving him the magic power only when he uses those weapons?
It could be that each original weapon was infused with a crystal fragment, which would explain why the Crystal seen in Kingsglaive has a huge hole in it, which links them directly with the Crystal, the Ring, and the deities that created the Crystal and gave it to mankind (don't think they're the Astrals, but the mysterious "beings" who originally made the world with the Astrals). That would mean that when they became one with the Ring, the Lucii weapons were granted those abilities, with precepts set by their owners as to their use and power. It could also have something to do with how strong in magic a member of the Caelum line is at any one time.

Something I almost forgot, is a piece of dialogue I heard in preview footage from Cor Leonis about the power being passed down through "the bonding of souls". Perhaps it's a compatibility issue.

Personally, I find it more interesting that use of the Crystal's magic, and by extension the Phantom Weapons, drains HP from the player character.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Probably old, but I just found this on /v:

They recently released a higher res version of the painting, it seems.

So yeah, if it wasn't incredibly obvious before, the bearded guy represents Gladio and the blind one... yeah, Ignis. With the redesigns, I actually can see a very slight resemblence in a physical level, as Gladio has a fuller beardstyle in the future and Noctis longer, flowing hair and a beard.
Ignis' is my fav out of the 4 and this saddens me deeply

How can he cook? How can he drive? See the world and the faces of his friends?

Awww ='(

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Ignis' is my fav out of the 4 and this saddens me deeply

How can he cook? How can he drive? See the world and the faces of his friends?

Awww ='(
As the developers said about both Versus XIII and XV, "the saddest entry/story in the Final Fantasy series". I honestly thought that kind of thing would be dumped, but it hasn't been.

Status
Not open for further replies.