SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Or he just daredevils it. Although technically Daredevil can still 'see'.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is either trained to see during the ten-year interim, or Noctis' access to magical power allows him a semblance of sight. Somehow doubt it's the Crystal. Probably the Goddess, which would fit in with the Genesis artwork: the Goddess is punching through the lines of armored figures and granting her power to the four Warriors of Light.

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016
I mean, in the Ifrit scene he clearly understood where Noctis was and knew he was behind cover. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he gets the ability to see again in some form with Magic.
It would have to be very well-written to work. The idea that he'll be able to see again via magic might cheapen the impact of him going blind.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
It would have to be very well-written to work. The idea that he'll be able to see again via magic might cheapen the impact of him going blind.
They've already started setting it up, actually:

One of the conversations the guys have when traveling reveals that Ignis' eyesight is fully functional, if imperfect, without his glasses. When Prompto asks why he bothers wearing them all the time if he doesn't actually need them to see, he says something about wanting to be able to see as clearly as possible.

As such, I'm inclined to think he'd still be gutted by his loss even if he regained functional sight, especially if what sight he regained was really limited in comparison (like seeing only outlines or something). And, of course, it looks like he's not even going to have that much (or the guarantee of that much) in the immediate aftermath.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Games not even out and hearts are already broken. The actual ingame scenes will sadden me :(

Yeah like several posters have already said, Ignis will have to somehow train himself to see. He was throwing spears at Ifrit like a boss.

Poor man will be absolutely gutted and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through depression, anger and withdrawal.

It would be very interesting if Noctis has a role in him becoming blind.

Definitely curious as to how the bros will treat Ignis once he's blind though since he's been taking care of them for so long. Bitches better return the favour lol.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016

One of the conversations the guys have when traveling reveals that Ignis' eyesight is fully functional, if imperfect, without his glasses. When Prompto asks why he bothers wearing them all the time if he doesn't actually need them to see, he says something about wanting to be able to see as clearly as possible.

As such, I'm inclined to think he'd still be gutted by his loss even if he regained functional sight, especially if what sight he regained was really limited in comparison (like seeing only outlines or something). And, of course, it looks like he's not even going to have that much (or the guarantee of that much) in the immediate aftermath.
I think this would be a pivotal point in terms of character progression and growth for him.

He may grow to be a resentful, bitter, and angry individual, or a mellow character who is accepting of flaws and imperfection due to his condition.

Personally I think he will be the former initially, then become the latter overtime.

Edda

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 5, 2016

It's a little too early to say that that conversation sets it up, but I do understand where you're going with that.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Right, I think the time has come for a resume of known story facts (from a development standpoint):

* The original script draft was written by Kazushige Nojima (FFVII/VIII/X/X-2), while the current script was written by Saori Itamuro (of Dissidia fame).
* XV, in its original Versus form, was intended as a multi-game storyline. The current version has been adjusted to fit into a single game, with additional media to help communicate the finer detail or major story elements that wouldn't fit in very well.
* The game is divided into fifteen chapters, excluding the "Chapter 0" prologue.
* Despite the use of dialogue choices, there won't be alternate endings, or a cliffhanger ending. It will be a single, standalone story experience (sans DLC).
* The lore is based on Fabula Nova Crystallis and retains its themes, but all terminology and related marketing material has been removed, and it has been augmented with additional elements, allowing it to stand alone or be a distant cousin based on your preference.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
* The game is divided into fifteen chapters, excluding the "Chapter 0" prologue.
Knew everything but this.

I was wondering why in the Guide Book it only listed 14 but now it makes sense. Thanks.

I hope chapter 0 is extended or there is more to it. Could be that SE cut it short to avoid spoilers?

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Where is this from?
http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_08_25.html

I hope chapter 0 is extended or there is more to it. Could be that SE cut it short to avoid spoilers?
If you look at it, then the footage cuts very awkwardly. I think they did cherry-pick pieces from the fight. Even if it isn't, 0 was a teaser from late in the game (not the end, he was careful to emphasis), not all there would be.

He did say that it was like players knowing what would happen at the end of Crisis Core, but still playing through to experience what led up to that point. And it's working so far. I want to find out what happened to have a 30-year old Noctis fighting a desperate battle against Ifrit in the heart of Insomnia.

Last edited:

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Just confused again. Maybe Simon Parkin really haven't played the last chapter?

Silliconera also mentioned that there is 15 chapters in the game. From 0 to 15. And i always though its 0+14.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/

Famitsu got to play up to chapter 3 of Final Fantasy XV and asked Tabata about how far into the entire game is that.

“I believe it covers about 15% or so. The chapters go from 0 to 15,” answered Tabata.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/2016_08_25.html

If you look at it, then the footage cuts very awkwardly. I think they did cherry-pick pieces from the fight. Even if it isn't, 0 was a teaser from late in the game (not the end, he was careful to emphasis), not all there would be.

He did say that it was like players knowing what would happen at the end of Crisis Core, but still playing through to experience what led up to that point. And it's working so far. I want to find out what happened to have a 30-year old Noctis fighting a desperate battle against Ifrit in the heart of Insomnia.
Yeah chapter 0 has definitely made me more curious to know how the guys got to be at that point.

So cut short or not, seeing older Noctis was worth it xD

Just confused again. Maybe Simon Parkin really haven't played the last chapter?

Silliconera also mentioned that there is 15 chapters in the game. From 0 to 15. And i always though its 0+14.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/26/final-fantasy-xv-open-world-first-half-second-half-linear/

Famitsu got to play up to chapter 3 of Final Fantasy XV and asked Tabata about how far into the entire game is that.

“I believe it covers about 15% or so. The chapters go from 0 to 15,” answered Tabata.
Honestly speaking I really don't think he did get to play the full game.

Cut content and all that jazz. Perhaps that's why he said it didn't make sense. Cutting and pasting together segmented story parts does that I'd reckon.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Cut content and all that jazz. Perhaps that's why he said it didn't make sense. Cutting and pasting together segmented story parts does that I'd reckon.
Yeah, that's always the best way to give a bad impression when it comes to a complex story. He did say on Twitter that he got a developer kit version, not the master version. And Square Enix said that they didn't give the full game. I'd take that as they put together the juicy bits for story and gameplay, but some key secondary elements for appreciating the former got left out. Like you can just go through the central narrative of Lightning Returns or Type-0, but the whole thing holds together and makes more sense if you do the side activities and listen to the incidental dialogue.

Paperchampion23

Warrior of Light
Oct 1, 2016
So, I was thinking about that rumor that NG+ would have extra chapters (was started here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/74500554 grain of salt please) and while I think it would be weird, it could actually go hand in hand with the theme of the Omen Trailer. What if a new game actually is caused by a time loop? Fixed by your mistakes, so the game fundamentally changes. It may end dark or not the way we expect the first time. You play it a second time and there is something even more crazy that happens. Maybe something/someone/a deity controlling time? A true final boss? Fun speculation, feel free to crap on it lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.