SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
That guide has already spoiled some things. Like, for example, how there's multiple new game plus modes. And some other things, all in the description for the guide.
Multiple NG+ modes? I'm interested, quite interested. Hopefully we can play with the older skins from the get go, that'd be sweet.

And yeah, considering the delay was a very late call by Tabata, I could see some of the events/products for the original date being a problem in regards to leaks. Hopefully they can hold those guides tight and avoid any cunt leaking them.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
>Multiple NG+ modes?

More detail on this pls. If its like Bloodborne's than fucking yes i'm all for it,

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
>Multiple NG+ modes?

More detail on this pls. If its like Bloodborne's than fucking yes i'm all for it,
There aren't any details. It was just on the list of things in the guide. "Info on the game's new game + modes inside!" kind of deal.

I'll see if I can find the link...

This is all I can find. It's not saying multiple new game plus modes, though. Either I read something else somewhere or misread this one, but I swear I saw one that had multiples. Sorry if I misinformed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-XV-Complete-Collectors/dp/1911015001

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I've seen this wonderful little theory on the Final Fantasy XV Forums via GameFAQs. Unlike most other theories (which seem to degenerate into rants or overlook state facts from Tabata or others), it seems to take what is known about the game from a development/preview standpoint and run with it in a sensible way. And it creates something that is actually quite compelling. As it's just a theory, I guess there's no harm. As it might be a potential spoiler, read at your peril!

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2565/ffxv-story-theory
Piss poor theory, so many holes in it.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
You know what else has a lot of holes in it?

Your face.

Sorry. Slow news day.

Edit: lol, I fucked that up. We need something to bitch or marvel about asap.
(Sigh) If I knew one post about a bit of trivial speculation would do this, I wouldn't have. Still, cause and effect and all that. It's gone now, so that's that.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Dude, I was teasing leonblade. I thought the theory was fine.

You need thicker skin..
Point taken. Here it is again.

"I've seen this wonderful little theory on the Final Fantasy XV Forums via GameFAQs. Unlike most other theories (which seem to degenerate into rants or overlook state facts from Tabata or others), it seems to take what is known about the game from a development/preview standpoint and run with it in a sensible way. And it creates something that is actually quite compelling. As it's just a theory, I guess there's no harm. As it might be a potential spoiler, read at your peril!

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2565/ffxv-story-theory"

Edit: It doesn't address those machine things in the cover art. That's a notable hole.

Edit 2: That theory above got me looking at the artwork again (can't embed the image for some reason). I've long suspected that the fish woman on the right is Leviathan. The artwork seems to divide into three layers: the divine beings at the top with the mysterious Goddess at the forefront blessing four humans (and possibly a representation of those machine-like things on either side); the middle level shows five of the six Archeans sitting on clouds watching the scene, and the bottom area is dominated by monsters/Daemons.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Point taken. Here it is again.

"I've seen this wonderful little theory on the Final Fantasy XV Forums via GameFAQs. Unlike most other theories (which seem to degenerate into rants or overlook state facts from Tabata or others), it seems to take what is known about the game from a development/preview standpoint and run with it in a sensible way. And it creates something that is actually quite compelling. As it's just a theory, I guess there's no harm. As it might be a potential spoiler, read at your peril!

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2565/ffxv-story-theory"

Edit: It doesn't address those machine things in the cover art. That's a notable hole.

Edit 2: That theory above got me looking at the artwork again (can't embed the image for some reason). I've long suspected that the fish woman on the right is Leviathan. The artwork seems to divide into three layers: the divine beings at the top with the mysterious Goddess at the forefront blessing four humans (and possibly a representation of those machine-like things on either side); the middle level shows five of the six Archeans sitting on clouds watching the scene, and the bottom area is dominated by monsters/Daemons.
If I wanted to I could have gone through and explained why I felt that way, I just didn't bother. However, I don't mean to imply you shouldn't post it.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
To be fair, you should have. I'm always getting on people on GFaqs for drive-by's like that.
Well, it's directed at the theory not the poster, that's why I didn't bother. Plus, I was busy when writing the reply. To summarize my thoughts on it, there are just a lot of points of the theory that don't make any sense or seem like it was written on the fly. It just seems like a poor fanfic and certain things contradict one another.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, it's directed at the theory not the poster, that's why I didn't bother. Plus, I was busy when writing the reply. To summarize my thoughts on it, there are just a lot of points of the theory that don't make any sense or seem like it was written on the fly. It just seems like a poor fanfic and certain things contradict one another.
I don't think you even read it, to be honest. If you don't have anything of substance to add, wait until you have the time.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I don't think you even read it, to be honest. If you don't have anything of substance to add, wait until you have the time.
I did read it, piss off. Ifrit needing to be included in the list of Astrals to stop the plague of stars yet he singlehandedly somehow "kills" Eos and none of the other Astrals seem to care? Why do you need him if he's more powerful than any of them, surely you would just need him and maybe one or two others? Also, the Astrals were part of the creation of the world, so to imply like Ifrit would just get jealous over ruling his own domain seems kind of stupid... not only that, making Ifrit the ruler of the underworld makes no sense.

I could go on, but I won't.

For one, the theory implies that Lucis' crystal is one of a kind, but we know there used to be more of them. That's a pretty big plot hole.
Yeah... Honestly, that's the biggest problem with it. The whole theory is built around this idea and it can be immediately destroyed. I just find all the other problems equally as amusing as to how little thought went into this theory. It's just an attempt to hamfist FNC lore into the story.

One of the most hilarious parts is randomly throwing in that Cor and Gentiana are l'Cie without even explaining anything it's just like "ohbtwthis". Like what the fuck? Why Cor anyways? People keep saying Cor is 42 when it was never stated he was 42 and they think he defies aging in some way despite no one else seemingly noticing. You have another military general from Niflheim who knows Cor very well but never seems to make mention of his age or his appearance in relation to that.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
The reason I say I don't think you read it isn't because the theory is so wonderful that you'd have to agree, it's that you made two posts in a row about it without actually saying anything about it. You just did a drive-by "nope" which is beneath you and this place. In case my point was lost on you.

It came off as both lazy and arrogant. Had you listed a thing or two that you found wrong with it, none of this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.