SPOILERS/SPECULATION: Final Fantasy XV Spoiler and Speculation Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
In the Platinum Demo Regis calls a person by the name of Daemon, asking where Noctis is, is there a mention of a persona with that name in Kingsglaive? That was my question.
Regis isn't actually the one who says Daemon, it's a Crownsguard. Regis does ask "where's my son" though.

Speaking of Daemons though, there's a spoiler from Kingsglaive that really interests me, and I wonder if Noctis will be able to emulate what is shown in the movie.

The following are spoilers relating to the ending of KINGSGLAIVE
Towards the end of Kingsglave, Nyx, bearing the Lucii ring, is able to animate the two great statues of Lucis to attack. I believe these statues are referring to the ones we've seen in the past and from the ending of Duscae. Here is a link to part of the image showing the statue. Here are the same two reaper statues aforementioned shown killing these d(a)emons at the bottom.

So, if Nyx is able to animate the giant reaper statues to attack, does that mean that Noctis will also be able to do this with the ring?

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
In the Platinum Demo Regis calls a person by the name of Daemon, asking where Noctis is, is there a mention of a persona with that name in Kingsglaive? That was my question.
daemon = bakemono (me) = demon = monster
It's not referring to a person's name. It's referring to the monster that attacks Noctis.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
daemon = bakemono (me) = demon = monster
It's not referring to a person's name. It's referring to the monster that attacks Noctis.
Thanks, I was hoping you were going to comment about this. I heard "bakemono" but I didn't know what he was saying, since I can't speak Japanese.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Regis isn't actually the one who says Daemon, it's a Crownsguard. Regis does ask "where's my son" though.

Speaking of Daemons though, there's a spoiler from Kingsglaive that really interests me, and I wonder if Noctis will be able to emulate what is shown in the movie.

The following are spoilers relating to the ending of KINGSGLAIVE
Towards the end of Kingsglave, Nyx, bearing the Lucii ring, is able to animate the two great statues of Lucis to attack. I believe these statues are referring to the ones we've seen in the past and from the ending of Duscae. Here is a link to part of the image showing the statue. Here are the same two reaper statues aforementioned shown killing these d(a)emons at the bottom.

So, if Nyx is able to animate the giant reaper statues to attack, does that mean that Noctis will also be able to do this with the ring?
I don't see why not. Noctis has royal blood in him, so once he's at full level, he should be on par with Nyx, if not above him.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I don't see why not. Noctis has royal blood in him, so once he's at full level, he should be on par with Nyx, if not above him.
More than likely above him. Nyx just got the power as a temporary gift, with his life as the cost. Noctis is from the ring's chosen bloodline, so he can access its full potential without any repercussions (that we know of).

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Correction to my original spoiler here:
The statues that fight at the end of Kingsglaive are actually not the reaper statues, they are referred to as 石像 which means "Stone Statue", you can see a picture of them here:

The ring is also referred to as 光耀の指輪 which appears to mean something like Ring of Light basically, as it holds both 光 (light) and 耀 (glimmering). @Rin, do you understand the reason for why they used 光耀 for Lucii?

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
Correction to my original spoiler here:
The statues that fight at the end of Kingsglaive are actually not the reaper statues, they are referred to as 石像 which means "Stone Statue", you can see a picture of them here:

The ring is also referred to as 光耀の指輪 which appears to mean something like Ring of Light basically, as it holds both 光 (light) and 耀 (glimmering). @Rin, do you understand the reason for why they used 光耀 for Lucii?
I do not. However, 光耀 is a word that people don't say anymore, so it's probably used to show the ring's age and history. In that case, using Latin makes sense since it's an old, outdated language that goes far back.

The person who localized 光耀の指輪 into "Ring of the Lucii" may have had in mind what I said above. I don't know who "Lucii" refer to (maybe the lineage of kings in Lucis), but apparently, "Lucii" in Latin actually refers to a type of fish and not "light." Wrong conjugation? lol https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lucius#Latin

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
The person who localized 光耀の指輪 into "Ring of the Lucii" may have had in mind what I said above. I don't know who "Lucii" refer to (maybe the lineage of kings in Lucis), but apparently, "Lucii" in Latin actually refers to a type of fish and not "light." Wrong conjugation? lol https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lucius#Latin
There's an epidemic of wrong conjugations here. The main protagonist's name is cluttered with them. This is a nice video dissecting the name meanings, and it shows just now many odd combinations were made.

I think it may be intended to refer to a plural of "light", so something like "ring of the lights". Maybe referring to the connection with the stars/gods, as the crystal and the ring are supposed to be a divine gift (latter info taken from translations from the promotional Kingsglaive artbook).

It could also be a tongue-in-cheek reference by the localization team to the term "l'Cie" from when XV was firmly grounded in the FNC mythos rather than just thematically connected to it, but that's probably nonsense. Just struck me when I first heard the name because they're phonetically similar.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
There's an epidemic of wrong conjugations here. The main protagonist's name is cluttered with them. This is a nice video dissecting the name meanings, and it shows just now many odd combinations were made.

I think it may be intended to refer to a plural of "light", so something like "ring of the lights". Maybe referring to the connection with the stars/gods, as the crystal and the ring are supposed to be a divine gift (latter info taken from translations from the promotional Kingsglaive artbook).

It could also be a tongue-in-cheek reference by the localization team to the term "l'Cie" from when XV was firmly grounded in the FNC mythos rather than just thematically connected to it, but that's probably nonsense. Just struck me when I first heard the name because they're phonetically similar.
Yeah, it's just odd that the ring isn't called "Luci." At least semantically it would make sense. Still would sound similar to "l'Cie."

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
So I don't buy this in its entirety (though I do like most of it), but it's definitely some food for thought and a really interesting video so I wanted to share this. I like watching this guy's videos and he goes really deep into his theories, so if for nothing else, it's a way to get a bit of discussion going!

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
So I don't buy this in its entirety (though I do like most of it), but it's definitely some food for thought and a really interesting video so I wanted to share this. I like watching this guy's videos and he goes really deep into his theories, so if for nothing else, it's a way to get a bit of discussion going!
I like how he gets into his theories, but he makes a lot of really ridiculous claims that I don't agree with. Hell, he tried saying Luna was JENOVA from FFVII at one point... it's kind of ridiculous, then again, I still enjoy his videos for the most part.

For example, his logo video was completely stupid, he said Etro in the FFXV logo was Noctis when it's clearly just the figure Etro is supposed to be in the Myth artwork... His response to me was "but what about the end game spoiler and what about this what about that", yet all the logos from FF aren't end game spoilers etc.

heartimecia

Balamb Garden Freshman
Feb 2, 2016
Florida
I like how he gets into his theories, but he makes a lot of really ridiculous claims that I don't agree with. Hell, he tried saying Luna was JENOVA from FFVII at one point... it's kind of ridiculous, then again, I still enjoy his videos for the most part.

For example, his logo video was completely stupid, he said Etro in the FFXV logo was Noctis when it's clearly just the figure Etro is supposed to be in the Myth artwork... His response to me was "but what about the end game spoiler and what about this what about that", yet all the logos from FF aren't end game spoilers etc.
Oh yeah, that Jenova video was definitely...really out there and it's definitely impossible for that to be true LOL though like you said, I do still enjoy his videos and I really liked this one, and found myself agreeing in several parts.

And agreed, looking too deeply into things is an effect of being so knee-deep into theory crafting, and while I don't agree with the theory I do find it interesting and entertaining to see his thought process behind some of his ideas.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
some leaks I found on twitter (haven't read em tho and don't know if the dude is credible)
Will just post em if anyone is interested.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/344157859
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/346221413 (apperently he leaks the gamescom stuff here)
Yeah, except his Gamescom leak is completely fake, there are even more "leaks" posted today that mention that Leviathan is at Gamescom (which is already what Tabata said last time so it's not even a leak). It's probably the same guy without using a trip since he was proven wrong too many times now.

He said that the original script was that Ravus was supposed to be "Noct's secret blind twin" (lolareyoufuckingserious) and that it was removed but certain things are still relevant in the game "Like Glauca being Drautos Leonis, Cor's brother" which was confirmed to be false as Drautos is his last name, his first name is Titus. "TheGuy" has been proven to be making shit up for a while now, but no one seems to care. This time, he fucked up though, by saying that Gamescom was going to be Chapter 0. I don't know why he dug himself into this hole, but I guess he's just going to go back to posting without a trip now like he did today http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/347113846

Don't bother with this shit, it's a waste of fucking time, none of these people ever post anything that isn't based on information we already know, and when they do... well... you can see what happens.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Lol now the guy is insinuating they'll implement direct party control via DLC towards the base game after release. Not falling for this horse shit one bit at all.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'll not take these "leaks" with anything other than a ton of top-quality salt, perhaps with some bacon and miso as well. I'm sort of expecting a story trailer there, as they've primarily focused on gameplay and general teasing up to now.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
to be honest, some of these "leaked" plot elements are kinda cool.
Yep. Give them their due. I just glanced at the last two major leaks, and they looked like a top-tier western game.

Oh, something interesting. The Season Pass details are out for Japan, and they apparently include access to "episodes" dedicated to the other three party members, together with some unspecified "Expansion Pack". Still don't know if it the character episodes are mid-game or post endgame related.

Status
Not open for further replies.