Square Enix Presents:Extended Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Emergency Talk Show on October 2nd!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
I think his awareness of the meme's existence encapsulates how in tune Tabata actually is of what fans are saying/want. I like this new honest Square-Enix we currently have and I hope they keep it up, because it works so much better than anything bureaucratic PR suits can think of.

When was the last time a major company made self-aware nods to a meme? Nintendo?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
So far so good. Can't wait for the talk show in November!
I'd like to see the subtitled version of this first. Jump being confirmed is a great start, I even saw Noctis jump in that little gameplay demo they showed.

As for no character switching... Let's be honest here, knowing how powerful Noctis is, why would you want to control someone else...? Sure, you will switch now and again, but 9 times out of 10 you will pick Noctis for his versatility and mobility. Plus, coming from playing KH, I'm used to no character switching. This news does not bother me even in the slightest...

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
That was fantastic. I didn't really doubt Tabata much but given how much he's aware of the fans concerns really convinces me he's going the right direction with the game. A lot of key components of Versus and being its own game.

Can't wait to see it in November.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Info from today:
-There's at least an attack button, a defend button, a skill button, and a jump button.
- Holding defend to evade drains MP, doesn't last forever.
- The attack button is used for basic combos, weapons used are context driven based on equipped weapons and context settings the player selects.
- The skill button is used to do special attacks for the main weapon equipped.
- There will be advanced evasion and attack techniques depending on equipment and control input.
- You can use the sword barrier defensively in battle, you can do short warps in the battlefield, you can parry attacks.
- There will be lots of tactical aspects in battle for core games, like elemental weaknesses and so on.

- Noctis is the only playable character, but his unique combat style and how the party interacts with him in battles is what drives the entire battle system.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132571865&postcount=367

Noctis0312

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 25, 2014
Tokyo
Tabata-san answered most of the questions and criticisms raised by the community, so that's a really good sign. The new footage shown was more fast paced to give a feel of the combat we saw at E3 2013.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Well to be fair, some people are shouting" It's only for the demo! The so called "translators" could be simply trolling. I'll wait for official news on a news site.
I guess I'm being pessimistic but I'm starting to let that go and it's highly disappointing. Being restricted to Sora in Kingdom Hearts was always a let down. To give more insight I don't even like how lately the Sonic the Hedgehog series have only been staring Sonic as playable and not any of his friends. I like diversity, variety in characters and options and I like when JRPG's have larger cast's 6-10. Or like Final Fantasy VI and Type-0.

I will still play Final Fantasy XV and I'm sure I could like it, but I'm disappointed.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I'm going to have to agree with @Squirrel Emperor with that thought he has on this matter. It's my opinion and hopefully everyone can be decent and respect it!

I'm still gonna give the game a chance and play it, but that's the sad truth. Last time I felt this way was only about the MMO's. :'(

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
@Redichi24 Thanks for putting this up! This damn good. I just reserved Type-0 on the 30th, so the demo a done deal too.
I'm not worried anymore. Let it ride. This looks like for a decent game in it's own right.
It's like Nomura did the writing and Tabata did the game, that's all. I'll stop think about it like a dark KH game, and think about it like a non-military Type-0.

We are long overdue for a completely new Final Fantasy with an entirely new direction and concept. When we've been wrestling with Noctis and company for so long, I don't blame anyone for feeling the fatigue. Plenty of folks just want the game out than to play another round of "when will they talk about this game again?".

I'm quite tired of combat discussions, and I hope the upcoming sessions up to March aren't about to incessantly dwell on the battle system. Give me another peek of world traversal and some glimpses of the other major characters, and I'm willing to sit through another radio silence until the actual full release.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
So far I'm quite happy with what I've seen from FFXV. It may be because I follow this idea of trying to enjoy the most of these games without expecting them to fulfill all of my expectations (because no game will ever fulfill everything I'd like from a single title), but I'm liking FFXV and I can't wait to play it.

A day one buy and a new game for Platinum Hunting >=D

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela

They are in shock.
I have to agree with him. For years, this has literally been the game I've been expecting the most, watching closely, putting it at the top of my video gaming priorities. Now, to know the game isn't going to turn out as I expected it to be (which was the main reason I got excited for it in the first place), makes me a little sad inside.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
We are long overdue for a completely new Final Fantasy with an entirely new direction and concept. When we've been wrestling with Noctis and company for so long, I don't blame anyone for feeling the fatigue. Plenty of folks just want the game out than to play another round of "when will they talk about this game again?"
Exactly what I'm feeling right now.

New information in the coming months? Great! Personally I don't think really care all that much. I sure as hell didn't find myself jumping in joy over the TGS information we just got. I'm just ready for the game to come out now so that we can finally move on to something fresh.

Some think I'm just trolling when I say I'm looking forward to FFXVI more then FFXV. Depending on the conversation with the individual I'm having, absolutely! However, sometimes I'm not trolling. I do find myself more interested in FFXVI simply because we know nothing about it. It hasn't been announced yet. When the game gets officially announced and information and visuals pop up for the first time, it will be breath of fresh air. Why? Cause it's something different. Something we haven't seen or heard anything about. Nobody knows really what to expect.

In contrast, we put up with the FFXIII saga for an entire console generation. We also had to put up with Versus XIII/FFXV for an entire console generation as well. We've just been stuck with these two things for over a console generation now. It's getting old and tiring.

Waiting for FFXV sucks and I think it has finally caught up with me. When they showed the 1st PD and E313 trailers, I was excited. I figured it's finally time now! I entered threads to discuss and speculate with others over what we just saw. I didn't do that with the TGS14 footage. Just said something about the cute Luna babe and that's it.

Think the only thing I'll still be interested in though is seeing more of Stella and artwork cause I like cute babes and enjoy concept art. I think I already got the gist of things about FFXV and know what to expect, but it's pretty obvious the game is going to see some changes and not be exactly what Nomura visioned so who knows.

On a positive note. I appreciate how vocal and upfront Tabata is being. He really comes off as the true director of Final Fantasy XV. Things seem to be a bit more stable now.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I like diversity, variety in characters
This is something I find appealing when it comes to RPGs as well.

The monochrome look is one thing but not being able to control the other characters is disappointing as well. Controlling a character gives off the sense that you're adventuring with them, you're caring for them, you're seeing and experiencing things with them, you can relate to them... You just feel that much more connected to that character.

By only controlling Noctis, you take away some of that. What if people don't like Noctis? Well... Too bad I guess.

Personally, I think it's poor game design.

As for no playable female characters? Heh... Good luck to the director and writers trying to convince people that the story can only be told with a group of guys. I don't think they can pull it off.

Last edited:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
We are long overdue for a completely new Final Fantasy with an entirely new direction and concept. When we've been wrestling with Noctis and company for so long, I don't blame anyone for feeling the fatigue. Plenty of folks just want the game out than to play another round of "when will they talk about this game again?".

I'm quite tired of combat discussions, and I hope the upcoming sessions up to March aren't about to incessantly dwell on the battle system. Give me another peek of world traversal and some glimpses of the other major characters, and I'm willing to sit through another radio silence until the actual full release.
I hope Tabata's folder having World video means that's what we get next month. Would love details on that.