The Christmas Thread!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Only some years.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Hello everyone! Christmas is almost here, this thread is to discuss all thing Christmas involving you, friends, or family! What will you be doing, have any special plans. Bought a special gift for someone, or are you the one expecting something? Do you tell the kids Santa is real or fictional??? ETC! Discuss it all here. Enjoy! :)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Did tons of Christmas shopping today. It's so expensive, but still, I do very much love this time of year. :D

So much still to do, though...

One thing Christmas around here means to me is the German Market - a bunch of Germans come to my city and set up huts in the town center and serve German food and German booze. You wrap up warm and go and hang out there for a day or two, eating and drinking yourself stupid! It's great.

My highlight will be my boyfriend coming back up north, after trying to intern for a bit in London, which I fear has been a rough and hugely expensive experience for an accounting graduate who isn't even guaranteed a proper foot on the ladder by the end of it. Still, we haven't seen each other since the summer, and it will be fantastic to see him again this weekend.

THEN we earnestly go Christmas shopping, despite the rush that is inevitably going on at the moment, and fully catch up with my old secondary and sixth form friends in the pub, or for a screening of the second Hobbit film.

Christmas Day itself, I'll be in Wales with the younger cousins, but after that, I have to immediately start work on dissertations and postgraduate applications...

One thing Christmas around here means to me is the German Market - a bunch of Germans come to my city and set up huts in the town center and serve German food and German booze. You wrap up warm and go and hang out there for a day or two, eating and drinking yourself stupid! It's great.
...right, I'm coming to invade your town. Also as a person of partial German heritage, this is of particular interest to me. All my town (Blackpool more or less) has is the atmosphere of a graveyard at a nuclear winter this time of the year.

But it's mainly the opportunity to drink myself stupid. I haven't done that since summer.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
@Fleur It's pretty cool:

Birmingham's twinned with Frankfurt, so that's why it happens for three weeks every year. If you ever come to town, give me a yell. I'll be somewhere inamongst that downing Kolsch and stuffing my face with bratwurst.

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
I don't have any offline plans aside from the standard fare. Instead, I'll be grinding the Winterfest event in an MMO called Spiral Knights and getting gifts for both myself (crazy stuff going on offline, I deserve to get myself exactly what I want) and the rest of my guild. How's that for being generous even when you have next to no money offline? =P Not expecting anyone to think it makes sense, TBH.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
I definitely celebrate Christmas. It's actually my favorite time of the year, always has been. I usually go to my mom's house for the day but being that me and my girlfriend got engaged earlier this year, I may be spending this Christmas with her family, for a change. Sadly, I still haven't done my shopping for other people yet.

Nevina

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 11, 2013
fallingmist.deviantart.com
Christmas is my favorite holiday! All the songs, family, gifts, and decorations 8D Though my family won't be able to come up and see me due to vehicle problems, so it'll be just me and my kitty Sir Galahad this year. I baked snowball cookies yesterday 8D

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
Christmas is my favorite holiday! All the songs, family, gifts, and decorations 8D Though my family won't be able to come up and see me due to vehicle problems, so it'll be just me and my kitty Sir Galahad this year. I baked snowball cookies yesterday 8D
That has to be the best cat ever.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Late reply but usually Christmas is a family gathering but this year was different. We went to Disney World.

I don't think I'd mind doing this every year if it gets me away from the severe cold weather. Nice and warm down there. Pretty god damn depressing going from that back to the cold (another being that it's alive and active). Due to it being warm, it really didn't feel like Christmas. Never really felt that Christmas spirit either.

Prices are jacked up this time of year down there so I didn't really buy much. Bought two art prints from Sleeping Beauty (my favorite classic Disney animation film). Lots of great works of art to buy down there. Unfortunately, it's pretty expensive stuff.

My personally highlight was our cute waitress at 50's Prime Time Cafe restaurant. She has a lovely smile! :D That's a place to go to if you don't want the typical waitstaff experience.

And no, I did not see a Sora cosplayer.