The Kingdom Hearts series has become a joke

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com

And of course Kingdom Hearts fanboys/girls will argue with this but remember you're a fanboy/girl you understand the series and have been there since most likely the PS2 days. Someone coming into the franchise now will be completely lost.

And then yes, there has been HD collections but they have been handled shockingly.

• Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.
  • First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.
  • 1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.
  • Also those 358/2 Days and Re:coded movies were shockingly bad.
  • And a movie based off a mobile game port of a web browser game? What the heck?

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
I got my friend into the series with 1.5 and 2.5 and he's gonna get 2.8. If you can buy 2 games and get into the series it's hardly tough to get into.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
The jokes are the recent KH title names.

Yeah, there's been some questionable moves by SE in terms of releasing KH titles on specific platforms.

From my view, it looks like the Kingdom Hearts franchise favours more on PlayStation rather than the latter like Xbox & Nintendo.
I feel like Square Enix should just make an exclusivity deal with Sony and just get it over with. The releases of KH games in many different platforms have been messy imo.

I personally am not bothered by it.... Other than the fact that a canon KH game is on mobile and I..... am not a big fan of that......
Nomura loves mobile. All the Bravest, KHx just for starters.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
KH being in multiple platforms would be ok if they took the FF route : make each game (minus obvious pre/sequels) its own separate universe.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I got my friend into the series with 1.5 and 2.5 and he's gonna get 2.8. If you can buy 2 games and get into the series it's hardly tough to get into.
You can't expect someone to buy a PS3 & PS4 though. Even Sony admitted with The Last of Us Remastered there's a lot of 360 and Wii owners coming over.

KH being in multiple platforms would be ok if they took the FF route : make each game (minus obvious pre/sequels) its own separate universe.
Yeah, that's the problem. You've got games on PS2, GBA, DS, 3DS, PSP, PS3, iOS, Android and now PS4. And as I pointed out they're trying to fix things but they're doing that in the wrong way while making another spin-off that has important story...

Sep 26, 2013
As someone who likes KHI and KHII but doesn't care for the handheld entries, I expect to be lost when I play KHIII.

Not too worried about it though. The characters were always the main draw for me. Not so much the story.

CyborgHD13

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
May 16, 2015
Yeah the series is definitely jumbled up. I'm just glad I understand the story personally, as I would like to play it as a personal thing and not look at what others think of the series

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Nomura loves mobile. All the Bravest, KHx just for starters.
Why do you constantly bring up Nomura and All the Bravest when Nomura didn't make the game, he was a Producer and SE didn't even make the game, BitGroove did.

As for KH series becoming a joke, pretty funny from someone named Sora to say. If you called the plot a joke maybe I would just be more open to that, but complaining about accessibility...? Being on the PS3 is completely fine, why would you sit on a game for half a year just to put it out on the PS4 just because you "have devkits"?

Anyways, the rest of the points and practically all of them are just not really that big of a deal. I'm a KH fan but I haven't even played all the titles, I think that's okay though.

I think Rezon's post really just says it all though.

Last edited:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Why do you constantly bring up Nomura and All the Bravest when Nomura didn't make the game, he was a Producer and SE didn't even make the game, BitGroove did.

As for KH series becoming a joke, pretty funny from someone named Sora to say. If you called the plot a joke maybe I would just be more open to that, but complaining about accessibility...? Being on the PS3 is completely fine, why would you sit on a game for half a year just to put it out on the PS4 just because you "have devkits"?

Anyways, the rest of the points and practically all of them are just not really that big of a deal. I'm a KH fan but I haven't even played all the titles, I think that's okay though.

I think Rezon's post really just says it all though.
He was Creative Producer & Original Concept. He was in-charge.

Hardly. You cannot expect someone to buy a PS4 & PS3.

Delaying a game people have wanted since 2006 isn't a big deal? Okay...

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
I basically gave up on KH narrative after I realized that every game (handhelds, browser games, etc. included) is canon.
I read a google doc that outlines the KH's story up to 3D, but reading it only made me more upset lol.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
He was Creative Producer & Original Concept. He was in-charge.

Hardly. You cannot expect someone to buy a PS4 & PS3.

Delaying a game people have wanted since 2006 isn't a big deal? Okay...
He wasn't in charge though, he was acting as producer for Square between the producer in charge of the actual company. There are two titles credited for producer, one for SE having the original concept pitched to SE and overseeing minimal work between the actual company working on the game (aforementioned BitGroove). So... no, he wasn't in charge. Regardless, even if you put Nomura on full blast for All the Bravest, what does that even matter? Yeah, it was a flop and a complete disaster, but one game doesn't set the standard for anything when he's worked on the KH series which is the second best selling franchise next to Final Fantasy within Square Enix.

I have both a PS3 and a PS4, no it's not that surprising. Would people buy a PS3 and a PS4 just to play KH? Would people buy any console just to buy one game? Most people at the release of KH1.5 already HAD a PS3, which is why they didn't wait to release KH 1.5 on PS4 despite having a dev kit because they would need to learn how to work on the PS4 and then work out the publishing deals with Sony. As if it's just as simple as having a dev kit. It's not really smart to release KH1.5 or 2.5 on the PS4. You could argue that 2.5 could have been on the PS4 but then it wouldn't make sense to have one on the PS3 and one on the PS4. But now I hear you say "but what about 2.8". Yeah, well the reason behind that has to do with the BBS 0.2 using KH3 tech with UE4, so they aren't exactly going to release that on the PS3. Also, at this point the install base for the PS4 has grown quite a bit, and fans can expect KH3 in 2017, so at this point having a PS4 makes sense.

You mentioned as well about the Xbox which I didn't address. Microsoft didn't want to pay money to have the HD titles on their platforms, it's not really up to Nomura or SE to make that happen. You can blame the Xbox division over SE on that one. The only reason KH3 is on the Xbox One to begin with is because it's a huge title and MS most definitely paid for it to get on their platform. And, why wouldn't you? It's going to be a highly successful game, so it's a no brainer for SE as well.

As for "delaying" a game people have been waiting for since 2006. Things happen, there were also other titles in-between then and now like BBS and DDD, so it's not like fans have been without a KH title for all this time. If you are a fan of the KH series you should have enjoyed BBS, and if you didn't own a PSP... good thing KH2.5 HD exists, right?

I know that you're just a Nomura hater though, so it's not surprising to see you say these things. Tetsuya Nomura not going anywhere! Haha!

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
He wasn't in charge though, he was acting as producer for Square between the producer in charge of the actual company. There are two titles credited for producer, one for SE having the original concept pitched to SE and overseeing minimal work between the actual company working on the game (aforementioned BitGroove). So... no, he wasn't in charge. Regardless, even if you put Nomura on full blast for All the Bravest, what does that even matter? Yeah, it was a flop and a complete disaster, but one game doesn't set the standard for anything when he's worked on the KH series which is the second best selling franchise next to Final Fantasy within Square Enix.

I have both a PS3 and a PS4, no it's not that surprising. Would people buy a PS3 and a PS4 just to play KH? Would people buy any console just to buy one game? Most people at the release of KH1.5 already HAD a PS3, which is why they didn't wait to release KH 1.5 on PS4 despite having a dev kit because they would need to learn how to work on the PS4 and then work out the publishing deals with Sony. As if it's just as simple as having a dev kit. It's not really smart to release KH1.5 or 2.5 on the PS4. You could argue that 2.5 could have been on the PS4 but then it wouldn't make sense to have one on the PS3 and one on the PS4. But now I hear you say "but what about 2.8". Yeah, well the reason behind that has to do with the BBS 0.2 using KH3 tech with UE4, so they aren't exactly going to release that on the PS3. Also, at this point the install base for the PS4 has grown quite a bit, and fans can expect KH3 in 2017, so at this point having a PS4 makes sense.

You mentioned as well about the Xbox which I didn't address. Microsoft didn't want to pay money to have the HD titles on their platforms, it's not really up to Nomura or SE to make that happen. You can blame the Xbox division over SE on that one. The only reason KH3 is on the Xbox One to begin with is because it's a huge title and MS most definitely paid for it to get on their platform. And, why wouldn't you? It's going to be a highly successful game, so it's a no brainer for SE as well.

As for "delaying" a game people have been waiting for since 2006. Things happen, there were also other titles in-between then and now like BBS and DDD, so it's not like fans have been without a KH title for all this time. If you are a fan of the KH series you should have enjoyed BBS, and if you didn't own a PSP... good thing KH2.5 HD exists, right?

I know that you're just a Nomura hater though, so it's not surprising to see you say these things. Tetsuya Nomura not going anywhere! Haha!
Of course he was involved, he's the highest ranked employee to work on the game. His idea and he was creative producer.

I'm a Nomura hater? Lol. Yes, I'd really have the name Sora96 everywhere on the Internet if I was. And we're going back to using hater again? Whelp, so will I then. Erren is a Toriyama hater. :p

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
Haha! You haters can hate all you like, these games make Square Enix money and they are not going anywhere! Haha!

This is what we call a joke, we are referencing your own behaviour and questionable logic against you. Simply saying that Square Enix likes or makes money from whatever is being discussed adds nothing to the discussion.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
As someone who likes KHI and KHII but doesn't care for the handheld entries, I expect to be lost when I play KHIII.

Not too worried about it though. The characters were always the main draw for me. Not so much the story.
I'm wondering how it will be for myself as well, I have not played any others outside of KH 1 & 2. Will it even be worth playing for the story in KH3 for fans like us? I am interested in picking up the remasters for PS3 though.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'm wondering how it will be for myself as well, I have not played any others outside of KH 1 & 2. Will it even be worth playing for the story in KH3 for fans like us? I am interested in picking up the remasters for PS3 though.
If you only played KH1 and 2 i think the plot of KHIII to some fans will be as understandable us the word l'Cie was in FFXIII (Not sure if this good analogy).

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I don't know how much of an impact the handheld entries will have in order to understand KHIII but if it's anything like the first two console entries, I expect it to be overwritten with too much exposition. The story is not the main selling point for me though so I don't care too much. I'm more interested in the characters and I'm hoping they really push the Final Fantasy x Disney crossover concept more, which is what lured me to the IP in the first place. The game design was good too.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Haha! You haters can hate all you like, these games make Square Enix money and they are not going anywhere! Haha!

This is what we call a joke, we are referencing your own behaviour and questionable logic against you. Simply saying that Square Enix likes or makes money from whatever is being discussed adds nothing to the discussion.
Well don't ever come to KH13 then, you'd get warned for this kind of behaviour.

And please, if you're talking about money. Record Keeper, 16 billion yen in six months before it was released outside of Japan. Mobile gaming ftw.