The Kingdom Hearts series has become a joke

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If I don't, I don't give a crap. I honestly don't give a shit what you think of me or Rezon, or Bites the dust or any of my other haters here thinks of me.
Please hear my recommendation: If you think someone is a hater of something, just ignore them and if they are haters of something you like them you have even more reasons to ignore them and by ignoring i mean don´t reply at all to them, silence is what kills the haters.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
If I don't, I don't give a crap. I honestly don't give a shit what you think of me or Rezon, or Bites the dust or any of my other haters here thinks of me.
I know you only care about two people here as you've made that quite clear a few times but calm down.

Let's get the thread back on track please.

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
For the record I don't think that the argument that you can't expect someone to own a PS3 and PS4 holds any ground. There are a lot of series moving to the current gen so if you have any interest in keeping up with most series you would have to get a current gen console.

I currently own:

PS3
PS4
PC (i7, 980 Ti)
Wii U
PS2
PSP
Vita
3DS
GB: Color
GBA:SP
DSI XL
Original Xbox

And I'm a 19 year old student with a bad habit of buying too many animu figures, so if I can get all these consoles AND sustain my figure addiction, I think your average 30 something gamer can buy a PS3 and a PS4.

Everything was bought with my own disposable income, before anyone questions that.

Last edited:
Yeah... The story in KH can be pretty bizarre at times. Like the writing can be so stiff and cheesy that it hurts. But then there's the good moments in the story where things are enchanting and exciting. KH is popular because of music, high quality animations in scenes and the gameplay. I do agree that the timeline is sloppy. It kind of makes you wonder that Nomura was just making up the story as it continued... Lol

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Sometimes i would like the series not to rely on outside sources to explain important plot details that are not properly explain on the game itself.

Hahaha just think of the story as this:

Kingdom Hearts = Triforce from Legend of Zelda. Aka dreams and desires come true in this "realm".

Sora likes Kairi. Riku is his best friend.

Sora is destined to do great things because he's like the leader of the 7 Keybalde Wielders of Light.

Xenanort is a bad guy. Determined to say people are initially evil.

Everybody else has a sob story.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
which games are directly related to the kh 1 and 2?

those are the only ones i played.
By directly related i think you mean "happens right before/after", if so:
  • Kingdom Hearts X(key)/Unchained X happens long time before KH Birth by Sleep.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep happens years (i believe 10) before KH1.
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories happens right after KH1 ending.
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Begins (plot-wise) sometime before KH1 ending and goes all they throught Chain of Memories and beyond up until KH2 prologue (Roxas level).
  • Kingdom Hearts Coded happens right after KH2.
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance happens right after Coded.
  • Upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 happens after Dream Drop Distance.

young hug.

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 6, 2015
houston.
oglite.com
By directly related i think you mean "happens right before/after", if so:
  • Kingdom Hearts X(key)/Unchained X happens long time before KH Birth by Sleep.
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep happens years (i believe 10) before KH1.
  • Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories happens right after KH1 ending.
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Begins (plot-wise) sometime before KH1 ending and goes all they throught Chain of Memories and beyond up until KH2 prologue (Roxas level).
  • Kingdom Hearts Coded happens right after KH2.
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance happens right after Coded.
  • Upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 happens after Dream Drop Distance.
yeah, this is exactly what i was asking. thanks.

It depends on whether or not Disney still views the series as vital.

But yeah, Sora won't be let go of entirely. Maybe the successor to the series will be him re-establishing the Keyblade Order alongside the other wielders (i.e. Kairi, Lea, Riku, Micky, Aqua, Ven and Terra) and taking on apprentices or maybe his offspring will play a pivotal role from there on out. Or they don't bench him entirely, given that, you know, he is only 16 or 17 in KH III? I actually would want Nomura to sort out the mythology a bit after III.

It depends on whether or not Disney still views the series as vital.

But yeah, Sora won't be let go of entirely. Maybe the successor to the series will be him re-establishing the Keyblade Order alongside the other wielders (i.e. Kairi, Lea, Riku, Micky, Aqua, Ven and Terra) and taking on apprentices or maybe his offspring will play a pivotal role from there on out. Or they don't bench him entirely, given that, you know, he is only 16 or 17 in KH III? I actually would want Nomura to sort out the mythology a bit after III.
Kingdom Hearts: 0.9 - 0.1 Crazy Chaos Climax starring Sora's great grandchild coming to a Sony platform near you. Includes a remaster of KH3!

Lol I couldn't resist.

Nora_Nightingale

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 7, 2015

And of course Kingdom Hearts fanboys/girls will argue with this but remember you're a fanboy/girl you understand the series and have been there since most likely the PS2 days. Someone coming into the franchise now will be completely lost.

And then yes, there has been HD collections but they have been handled shockingly.

• Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.
  • First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.
  • 1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.
  • Also those 358/2 Days and Re:coded movies were shockingly bad.
  • And a movie based off a mobile game port of a web browser game? What the heck?
My friend never owned Kingdom Hearts before, but he knew of it. He picked up 1.5 and 2.5 rather quickly. I personally believe they will eventually move the games to PS4 but this was their experiment. When has SE actually made a compilation like KH1.5 and 2.5? I dont think the FFAnthology and FF chronicles count.

I think it is a poor choice to even make KH3 for microsoft platforms in the first place if there is still an exclusivity contract going on. So why make 2.5 and 2.8 available for xbox if they can't collect the game properly. KH3 for xbox is just a way for them to gain more money.

i agree, the movies were horrible. there was so much potential with 358/2 days and they summarized the wrong things while not giving any attention to the other characters. Re:coded was meh. No one expected that to be good as a movie. These movies actually make you NOT want to play the original games.

I think it was a bad move trying to make a mobile game tie so strongly to kh3.

I think there are other reasons why KH is a joke. The story and characters are actually becoming more 2-dimensional as the series progresses. I use to think Kingdom Hearts was Square Enix's take on Disney...now it feels like this is truly influenced by Disney (the business side). Disney aren't known for being the best game developers. So of course they are going to green-light a sequel to KH3.