The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX March 2017)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
Could have misunderstood the question.

Really don't know what he means by that. Perhaps he means how Kyoto is structured? I don't think he literally means Zelda U will be as big as Kyoto.

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
I'm genuinely more excited for this than I was for Skyward Sword (which I was only excited for mere months before it was released), and I think this will really justify a Wii U purchase in more ways than many people seem to think.

Having said that, I do hope that Nintendo avoid a slow start, like in the previous 3D games (TP and SS took way too long to get going), and throw us into a dungeon within the first 30 minutes of the game. That's was one of the many plus points of the original game and OoT, and this was done recently with ALBW, so this shouldn't be too much to ask.

Azuardo

Materia Hunter
Sep 26, 2013
Wish it was direct feed.

Looks barren and has a lot of targets to meet if it wants to use open world well, but I won't dwell on it - it's still likely less than a year till release, so still a long way to go.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
I'm gonna think of it as a tease. Just get the idea of what's the gameplay gonna be like. I expected more of Zelda news in 2015 to be honest. The game awards took me by surprise.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Come on Nintendo, release the footage without Miyamoto and Aonuma. I want to see the game in its full glory. So far it looks awesome, I hope I can immerse myself in the world.

Azuardo

Materia Hunter
Sep 26, 2013
I'm gonna think of it as a tease. Just get the idea of what's the gameplay gonna be like. I expected more of Zelda news in 2015 to be honest. The game awards took me by surprise.
I thought the same actually - I'm treating the video as a bonus, a special treat. I thought they would be keeping this under wraps till E3, so didn't expect any new footage till then. Definitely nice to see something, but do hope that barren world gets improved. That was one of TP's major problems.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
It was a surprise to me cause Nintendo usually doesn't show off games like this until closer to release or in a Nintendo Direct. Definitely a treat I think. Zelda I think is E3 material so Geoff scored big on this one. If this were the VGAs on Spike, Nintendo probably wouldn't have shown it due to Spike's demographic and last year(and previous years) disasters.

It was nice to see things a bit more fair and balanced this time. Gives me hope.