The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX March 2017)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
'Open-world.'

It's all I needed to hear from Nintendo's Direct.

Consider me hella excited.

Just want to see some gameplay and I'll likely go on a media blackout.

I am hearing and seeing so many great things and I'm very excited at the prospect of a much more expansive, and even open, world. That art style is bloody gorgeous, like a halfway house between Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. Very much looking forward also to seeing how else they plan to shake up the formula. I've one suggestion though: can we play as Zelda? I know that's not some groundbreaking, radical, uber-progressive thing to ask for in games anymore, but Zelda especially has been one of my long-requested demands.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I've one suggestion though: can we play as Zelda? I know that's not some groundbreaking, radical, uber-progressive thing to ask for in games anymore, but Zelda especially has been one of my long-requested demands.
I'm in full support, and have been for too long. Since she's been made playable in Hyrule Warriors, however, somehow I think that might be the closest we'll get for now. I really would like it to happen, though.

May 26, 2014
yeah_93 said:
Well, so this happened:

Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835298

Will kill myself if true.
Azuardo said:
Hmmmm.

Remember hints about multiplayer last E3?

Perhaps there are multiple 'Links'?
Surprise us Nintendo.
It'd sure be interesting if they threw in some sort of twist like this, especially when they said they were revisiting the conventions of the Zelda series.

Anyway, this is a must buy for me, the art style is too good for words.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah, I'm just glad he's got more of a classic Link look this time - I've been dying for a return to the adult-like Link from Zelda ALTTP/LA with that longer brown hair. Been getting pretty tired of the same blond OOT/TP style we keep getting. I was kinda disappointed when they changed Link's art in ALBW from adult to kid. Wasn't a major problem because they hardly made good use out of Link's model in-game, but I was a bit frustrated.

The Link here looks great, though. Finally get to play as a classic looking Link in a 3D game.

Definitely still believe multiplayer in some shape or form will be announced in the future. The two things Aonuma mentioned at wanting to change were the linear dungeon completing, and playing alone. We've got the first one down. Be interesting to see how they go about MP, but the core of the game will undoubtedly be single-player.