Ultimania Interview Tidbit - Tabata on the changes from Versus.

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
https://twitter.com/bradyonetta/status/814289472367906817
More Ultimania scans are out, and they seem to confirm that Nomura didn't disclose important plot information to Tabata, and I'm Screaming.
Hohoho, some bullshit translation I've seen in a while. (Pardon my French). Too tired for this shit... bunch of weebs trying to make hate translations. Argh... these salt levels are not good for New Years...

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Can you provide better translation?
Of course.

The 6 Gods, entities who watched over the world through the millennia.
The mythology that completes Eos speaks of six Gods. They are entities that bestowed powers upon Kings and Oracles. The six Gods created a shining ring that was passed down through generations as proof of the King, in turn their connection to the Royal Lucis family is profound.
They use a language unknown to ordinary man and the only beings able to directly communicate with the Gods are limited to beings like Oracles and envoys of the Gods.
In the legend regarding the Scar of Terupa(?)*, the battle of the remaining Gods, the [Great Demon War], it is said that the origin of the war resonated from the God of Flame Ifrits betrayal. However, it is not known in detail.
*Perhaps I missed it in-game. It says テルパの爪跡. Not sure what テルパ(terupa) means. Don't tell me though. I'll figure it out myself.

This is an explanation in the lore. Not Tabata talking. Someone was trying really hard to stir up a storm.

In regards to the response to this from Japanese fans...
http://joker004.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-16490.html

They are not flaming their pitchforks and flames at Tabata, but rather the half-assed explanation.
Though some are saying that this goes with the lore. Like this happened in the ancient times and the records of the legends were lost over the millennia resulting in missing details. Saying that this makes sense.
However some are also criticizing for the lack of explanation in character motives. Like what betrayal? Why a betrayal? When? How?

Think of it as what you want. But this has nothing to do with Tabata saying ''I didn't know''.

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Of course.

The 6 Gods, entities who watched over the world through the millennia.
The mythology that completes Eos speaks of six Gods. They are entities that bestowed powers upon Kings and Oracles. The six Gods created a shining ring that was passed down through generations as proof of the King, in turn their connection to the Royal Lucis family is profound.
They use a language unknown to ordinary man and the only beings able to directly communicate with the Gods are limited to beings like Oracles and envoys of the Gods.
In the legend regarding the Scar of Terupa(?)*, the battle of the remaining Gods, the [Great Demon War], it is said that the origin of the war resonated from the God of Flame Ifrits betrayal. However, it is not known in detail.
*Perhaps I missed it in-game. It says テルパの爪跡. Not sure what テルパ(terupa) means. Don't tell me though. I'll figure it out myself.

This is an explanation in the lore. Not Tabata talking. Someone was trying really hard to stir up a storm.

In regards to the response to this from Japanese fans...
http://joker004.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-16490.html

They are not flaming their pitchforks and flames at Tabata, but rather the half-assed explanation.
Though some are saying that this goes with the lore. Like this happened in the ancient times and the records of the legends were lost over the millennia resulting in missing details. Saying that this makes sense.
However some are also criticizing for the lack of explanation in character motives. Like what betrayal? Why a betrayal? When? How?

Think of it as what you want. But this has nothing to do with Tabata saying ''I didn't know''.
Oh damn, I thought for a second Tabata didnt even know the lore. Good that he actually does know it. And thanks for translating.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
I think it's good to leave room for imagination. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they do have a basic explanation for everything. But wheres the fun in that if they tell us everything? That was part of the charm in past FF games, having to fill in gaps with our imaginations. Like Squall being Lagunas son (this has never actually been officially confirmed as far as I know). But there are many hints that says they are. It just takes our imagination to link it all.

karulu

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 29, 2016
xXShuyaXx , could you translate more form ultimania? For example something from this?
everything from twitter :

/FFplanet/status/814044219719315456
/FFplanet/status/814051498405441536
/FFplanet/status/814051734540599297

?
there is a chance for translate this?

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
I think it's good to leave room for imagination. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they do have a basic explanation for everything. But wheres the fun in that if they tell us everything? That was part of the charm in past FF games, having to fill in gaps with our imaginations. Like Squall being Lagunas son (this has never actually been officially confirmed as far as I know). But there are many hints that says they are. It just takes our imagination to link it all.
In a year when internet connection is everywhere and self proclaimed writting-expert cynics is all around, not really a smart move by them.

But yeah, i agree with you, this always been part of magic of the series called Final Fantasy.

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
there is a chance for translate this?
It's 4am here, so I'm going to shut my eyes for a while. But I'll have a look at them when I get back.

Edit;
Actually, I took a quick look and unfortunately the image is too blurry and glossy in most areas making it hard to read what it says. Need a better scan or photo.

karulu

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 29, 2016
It's 4am here, so I'm going to shut my eyes for a while. But I'll have a look at them when I get back.

Edit;
Actually, I took a quick look and unfortunately the image is too blurry and glossy in most areas making it hard to read what it says. Need a better scan or photo.
ok, thank you very much for trying <3

btw this is the biggest zoom, I dont know if you watch this in this or smaller size :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0wQiPgUUAAS6IL.jpg:large

Dec 29, 2016
I'll hide your answer behind a spoiler tag in case you still want to figure it out yourself. It's
the Taelpar Crag in the English localization.

xXShuyaXx said:
I've spoken with the person who translated that bit, and want to clarify that the whole thing was a misunderstanding. They really meant well and just didn't realize that Ultimanias always speak of the lore from an in-universe perspective like that, often with that knowledge limited to slightly more than what a random person living in the fiction would know.

Anyone who sees this, please try to diffuse any animosity you see directed toward that person. They were really just trying to help out, and are quite mortified at how all of this has blown up in just a couple of days. Especially now that Dualshockers is posting what they translated as news without consulting anyone first. Some of your translations are on there too, Shuya.

I'd post the link, but I haven't made enough posts on this forum yet. You can find it easily if you Google for it, though.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I'll hide your answer behind a spoiler tag in case you still want to figure it out yourself. It's
the Taelpar Crag in the English localization.

I've spoken with the person who translated that bit, and want to clarify that the whole thing was a misunderstanding. They really meant well and just didn't realize that Ultimanias always speak of the lore from an in-universe perspective like that, often with that knowledge limited to slightly more than what a random person living in the fiction would know.

Anyone who sees this, please try to diffuse any animosity you see directed toward that person. They were really just trying to help out, and are quite mortified at how all of this has blown up in just a couple of days. Especially now that Dualshockers is posting what they translated as news without consulting anyone first. Some of your translations are on there too, Shuya. I'd post the link, but I haven't made enough posts on this forum yet.
that was what i imagined, that he thought everything was told like in a interview, thanks for clarifying; hope this dont' demotive him to do more translations.

Dec 29, 2016
Hi. I'm the translator that has had some of their stuff posted here.

I assumed the page was part of the QA since I don't have a physical copy in regard to the "unknown Ifrit" information.

Please come and talk to me instead of claiming I am trying to make up information. I'm not a professional translator and I've been doing this for friends, not as an official guide. This is all quite terrifying to me to see so much baseless assumption appear online when I'm only trying to have fun with my friends.

Thank you.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland

I assumed the page was part of the QA since I don't have a physical copy in regard to the "unknown Ifrit" information.

Please come and talk to me instead of claiming I am trying to make up information. I'm not a professional translator and I've been doing this for friends, not as an official guide. This is all quite terrifying to me to see so much baseless assumption appear online when I'm only trying to have fun with my friends.

Thank you.
that's fair enough, don't take it too seriously.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Yeah, I think it's good. It means that the lore can be taken as its own entity, can be expanded upon by other's minds, and in my case can be internally examined to explain Leviathan and Bahamut's dialogue references to higher powers.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Its just hard being level-headed when you have to deal with some people spreading/repeating the same "what would have been" junk over and over based on conjecture, regardless of quality.

Combine that with rumours and reactions to translated info, then it becomes tiresome even.

Last edited:

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016

Thank you.
Well it's fine if you are understand, but the damage has been dealt. Just be more cautious next time, translating is not an easy task and it's best to double/triple/quadruple check the contents before posting to avoid any confusion.
I have been dealing with mistranslated articles for the whole year, trying to fix any damages that they inflicted. So pardon me for raising the salt levels. It's just one too many incidents.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Well it's fine if you are understand, but the damage has been dealt. Just be more cautious next time, translating is not an easy task and it's best to double/triple/quadruple check the contents before posting to avoid any confusion.
I have been dealing with mistranslated articles for the whole year, trying to fix any damages that they inflicted. So pardon me for raising the salt levels. It's just one too many incidents.
To be fair to SuperEspresso, she said multiple times when translating that she was the equivalent of Google translate and her translations should be taken with that in mind. That DualShockers decided to take her translations and run an article from them in spite of that is completely on them. >_>;