What happen to the days of the Grandia saga, why wipe that off the grid??

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

7z7

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 17, 2013
South Africa
What is your opinion on this guys? Any Grandia fans out there? I always thought that Grandia was one title that should of stuck around like Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
One of the best openings of all time. I will never grow tired of it.

Sadly, I got to the last boss in this game years ago and my save was erased. I have yet to get back to that point. =[

Hope to try again. All for Grandia! We need more of it!

7z7

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 17, 2013
South Africa
Lol boy do those clips bring back the good old days, esp the 2nd clip.. grandia 1 had one of the best story lines and music a rpg cud ask for.. how could you not enjoy it Stealth? On a side note this has got to be one of the best rpg forums site I have come across. . I am pretty new here so hi to all you gents

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I thought the original Grandia was whimsical and just so much fun to play through. I missed out on it the first time through, but I finally got to play it a year or so ago... it was pretty amazing.

I have Grandia II for the PS2, but I haven't gotten very far yet... keep getting distracted. It certainly seems like a good game, though.

Oh, and the soundtracks for both games are pretty awesome. :)

7z7

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 17, 2013
South Africa
Yes, the original Grandia is most certainly the best of the Grandia saga to be released. Great choice in deciding to play it ;) if only they brought it back..

The battle system in Grandia 3 is probably the best element in the game, could actually play the game all day because of it. Story...well nay and that's why there isn't any more sequels to the series. I'm hoping some game (most likely a spiritual successor) uses a Grandia battle system, albeit combining the best elements in the three Grandia games. Like using a battle system in 3, but modified (bad changes be damn), great story from 1 (and probably 2 too), etc.

Haven't played 1 and 2, not sure if it's available via PSN or some other place. (Can anyone fill me in?)

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The battle system in Grandia 3 is probably the best element in the game, could actually play the game all day because of it. Story...well nay and that's why there isn't any more sequels to the series. I'm hoping some game (most likely a spiritual successor) uses a Grandia battle system, albeit combining the best elements in the three Grandia games. Like using a battle system in 3, but modified (bad changes be damn), great story from 1 (and probably 2 too), etc.

Haven't played 1 and 2, not sure if it's available via PSN or some other place. (Can anyone fill me in?)
In my mind, at least, Tales sort of occupies a similar space now to where Grandia did back then. That may just be me, though...

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
The series of Grandia was made by Game Arts, who also made the Lunar series that was on SEGA CD and then SEGA Saturn. Game Arts is still very small and always have been, if I had to make a guess it is because the series, even if well loved like the Lunar series, never took off as a blockbuster, and Game Arts is a small studio that is help to develop games for others when hired.

Too bad as it is a good RPG but it is 1 of many RPGs that did not make it like others have.

7z7

Balamb Garden Freshman
Nov 17, 2013
South Africa
In my mind, at least, Tales sort of occupies a similar space now to where Grandia did back then. That may just be me, though...
It is not only you. I too think that there is something of Tales that occupies a space somewhat of Granida. Eternal Sonata is another game I am currently playing that reverts me to thinking of Grandia. I havn't been playing long enough however to actually throw any accurate assumptions about the game but so far so good :)

kamikki

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 18, 2013
Finland
Personally I only played Grandia II on the PS2 and it never really clicked with me, neither the story nor the graphics or gameplay. Mind this was years ago, I don't know what would be my reaction to the game if I tried it now.