What is that, Ifrit? Diabolos? A random mook? I don't know! Third base!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
To be totally fair, that's the same L Spiro who said the first guy had no inside knowledge and that's been pretty thoroughly debunked. I like the dude, and I am in now way calling him a liar, but his word is opinion, not fact. He is a former employee and likely does not know the whole story. His word should mean significantly more than a regular dude, he's just not a definitive source.

That said, I didn't even bother looking at these "leaks" yet. I don't get why people keep doing this to themselves, lol. I mean, I do, it totally get it, but there's no good that can come from spoilers.
I read that GameFAQs thread. L_Spiro said "no inside knowledge." That doesn't mean the first "leaker" couldn't have either played, or found out secondhand, about the first 2-3 chapters + E3 demo from media sources who were playing preview builds. It looks sort of silly in hindsight about these reveals; the opening seconds of the game is a fight against a fire demon 10 years in the future. Ifrit in a Final Fantasy game? The devil you say!

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I read that GameFAQs thread. L_Spiro said "no inside knowledge." That doesn't mean the first "leaker" couldn't have either played, or found out secondhand, about the first 2-3 chapters + E3 demo from media sources who were playing preview builds. It looks sort of silly in hindsight about these reveals; the opening seconds of the game is a fight against a fire demon 10 years in the future. Ifrit in a Final Fantasy game? The devil you say!
Yes I doubt he actually knew about the entire game or he wouldve been more descriptive.

Sep 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure the boss of the Infernal Invasion in Justice Monsters V is the same thing:

http://i.imgur.com/QvYjxDy.jpg

Funnily enough in JMV the Infernal Invasion quest is the first one with the Earthquake Clash (probably Titan) being the second.
This is actually Ifrit's Type-0 design:

The main thing changed are the gears being removed. It looks like many of the summons featured in Justice Monsters V share their designs with their Type-0 counterparts or hold designs not indicative of their design in the core Final Fantasy XV game. I wouldn't take the mobile game as a good indication of designs or even what summons will or will not appear. Love to be wrong though. Diabolos is an excellent summon.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The whole point of eidolons is that they're gods; they can change their appearance. In the series we've had the characters that'd later become Eidolons hiding out in multiple forms, even human forms, from very early on. FF1; Bahamut disguises himself as a human!

Media (like Game Informer) were allowed to play a very early build of Chapter 1-3, but Chapter 0 specifically was entirely under-wraps until the event last month. That was a big new reveal.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Right. The original leaker had inside knowledge. There isn't an argument left against it. If you think you got one, you're forgetting something.

It's a question of how much. Personally, I read L Spiro's comment about his co-workers ability to keep secrets to suggest all of the leaks come from the first half of the game, and none of them are aware of the second half all.

Like, in FFVI, you get that fake ending. You've achieved peace. You're chilling with your new friends, the espers and general Leo. Everyone waves at the camera, game ov- oh, hi Kefka. I think there's a chance the leakers are acting like it's half the game we're being told it is because they're only being told about half the game.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Right. The original leaker had inside knowledge. There isn't an argument left against it. If you think you got one, you're forgetting something.

It's a question of how much. Personally, I read L Spiro's comment about his co-workers ability to keep secrets to suggest all of the leaks come from the first half of the game, and none of them are aware of the second half all.

Like, in FFVI, you get that fake ending. You've achieved peace. You're chilling with your new friends, the espers and general Leo. Everyone waves at the camera, game ov- oh, hi Kefka. I think there's a chance the leakers are acting like it's half the game we're being told it is because they're only being told about half the game.
I never denied the leaker had inside knowledge but after the first few points of his plot summary he definitely was writing a plot he made up himself. I don't think he was given access to the entire game.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Media (like Game Informer) were allowed to play a very early build of Chapter 1-3, but Chapter 0 specifically was entirely under-wraps until the event last month. That was a big new reveal.
Thanks for the clarification.

The point still stands - it reads like hearsay knowledge from somebody who saw part of the game (like someone in QA?) The rest read like fan-fiction for both the plot and state of development. For the latter, we know the game has issues and required a delay, but there's no way to square that circle between his "leak" and the media/public demos.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Thanks for the clarification.

The point still stands - it reads like hearsay knowledge from somebody who saw part of the game (like someone in QA?) The rest read like fan-fiction for both the plot and state of development. For the latter, we know the game has issues and required a delay, but there's no way to square that circle between his "leak" and the media/public demos.
As has been stated before, both leakers have said to be either QA or know someone, so yeah.