What would you like to see happen with Final Fantasy Type-0?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
While this thread asks what we would like to see happen to Type-0, the actual reality is that Tabata said (in the USgamer article in the OP) he would like to distribute it in the West soon via PlayStation Network. I know this doesn't explicitly confirm he meant a PSP release, but it does imply it due to the sole fact they want to distribute it digital only. If say, they were planning a Vita port, then Square Enix would be distributing it physically as well, not just digitally.

So with that said, I can guarantee you they don't plan to port Type-0. It will be localised only for PSP via PlayStation Network. Also remember that even if it were getting ported to another platform, this would mean a new release for Japan too. And since nothing has been announced for Japan at this time, the chances are pretty certain that the West is only getting it for PSP.
This post made me feel a lot better about type-0, thank you Aurora (not so sure what your name is Dx)

Although, seeing it's of the FNC line, I might import the Japanese version anyways just to have a physical copy of it for collections sake.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
Maybe SE (in Japan anyways) are working on a Vita update rerelease just in time to be release in the US and Europe as well. Probably wait for a future announcement since Tabata did say that he wants to release Agito and Type-0 around the same time beyond Japan at one point.
I don't think a PSVita port is happening considering that Tabata's team is helping with FFXV, I don't see them making a updated PSVita version at this point, I see it more as a PSN PSP release the same way Class of Heroes 2 was.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
I don't think a PSVita port is happening considering that Tabata's team is helping with FFXV, I don't see them making a updated PSVita version at this point, I see it more as a PSN PSP release the same way Class of Heroes 2 was.
Yeah, the Type-0 team are too busy. They're even outsourcing Final Fantasy Agito to the mobile developer Tayutau.

Dollow

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
dollowrlance.blogspot.com
I want them to make Type-0 "Golden" like Atlus did with Persona 4 on the Vita. Is there even the slightest chance of that happening?
Again, teams are completely busy, unless SE can pay for another team to make that happen or contract an outside Dev to make that happen which I also don't see happening either. At the end of the day it would be cheaper to just to put it up on PSN as a download, but again that also costs money too; to put stuff on PSN and SE seems to be happy with how the game did in Japan, so it comes down to SE, do they see/feel any incentive of releasing Type-0 in the west when releasing the game might not be that profitable since its on a dead platform & updating it to another one would cost a lot more on top of that. Seems like an almost no win situation if I was the marketing guy at Square Enix.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
This post made me feel a lot better about type-0, thank you Aurora (not so sure what your name is Dx)

Although, seeing it's of the FNC line, I might import the Japanese version anyways just to have a physical copy of it for collections sake.
Everyone calls me Aurora. ^^
Yep, I'm importing it too. In fact that's what I always do when games I like aren't released physically in the West. A recent example being Okami HD.

I think Square should release it on Vita in digital form
Why? Then PSP owners can't buy it. A PSP digital release means both PSP and Vita owners can play it. And even if they were releasing it for Vita, I'd rather they did it in physical form.

Nikolasvanitas

Chocobo Knight
Sep 27, 2013
Greece
www.youtube.com
Why? Then PSP owners can't buy it. A PSP digital release means both PSP and Vita owners can play it. And even if they were releasing it for Vita, I'd rather they did it in physical form.
Make it both for psp and vita,the more the merier,i just want to play the game thats all
FFType-0 and FF 13 Versus were my most anticipated games from Fabula Nova Crystallis and unfortunately we still havent got any of them here