What would you like to see happen with Final Fantasy Type-0?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Just as the topic title suggests, what would you like to see Square Enix do with FF Type-0? Based on the latest words from Hajime Tabata: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/tgs-final-fantasy-agito-will-definitely-be-localized it's probably coming now, but the question is in what form.

Digital only for PSP? PS Vita? PS3/4? The only other clue we have is Sony's Shuhei Yoshida retweeted that link so it's obvious there's something there with them. Not to mention, SCEA's third party relations director mentioned fan demand for the game by name.

Personally I don't care how they release it, as long as I can play it on my Vita in some form. I have the original Japanese version on my Vita and it looks and runs great with the second analog stick option.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I'd like it on the vita too. What do you mean you have the original japanese version? I've been a little out of loop with the FF games being made at the moment.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I'll settle for a PSP release, but I have to be honest and say I'm hoping for a PS3 version. I'm really tired of trying to play action-based games on the PSP, when I really need a proper-fitting controller and a big tv to take it all in on.
I'd like it on the vita too. What do you mean you have the original japanese version? I've been a little out of loop with the FF games being made at the moment.
Type-0 was released on the PSP in Japan about two years ago. They've toyed with the idea of an HD console release since then, but nothing solid.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I'll settle for a PSP release, but I have to be honest and say I'm hoping for a PS3 version. I'm really tired of trying to play action-based games on the PSP, when I really need a proper-fitting controller and a big tv to take it all in on.

Type-0 was released on the PSP in Japan about two years ago. They've toyed with the idea of an HD console release since then, but nothing solid.
I want!! I owned a PSP and Crisis Core 2 years and this game went right over my head.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
Preferably a PSP digital release for me. I really like how it's a technical showcase for PSP, so I want it to remain as a swansong for the system. I felt this way in regards to Versus and PS3 as well, but I don't mind that it changed platform anymore because it changed during full production where they have hundreds of staff members focused on increasing the quality. Whereas games like MGS Peace Walker that get ported post release to more powerful consoles tend to turn out looking like crap because they're no longer receiving the same effort as when they're in full production. I don't want that to happen to Type-0, so that's why I want it to stay on PSP.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
I'm under the impression that it will be a PSN release as the interview says,
"Tabata says he still hopes to bring Type 0 to the West via PlayStation Network."
If we get a retail release for PSVita, then I'm pretty sure Sony got involved on this one. It hasn't come out on PSVita yet because the handheld needs significant market share. Otherwise, the game would have been out a long time ago.

PSP is dead and a PS3 western retail release would probably need to be bundled with another title. Otherwise this probably would have happened already too. :p

When you think about it. They made it so that PSN is the only option they have unless Sony gets involved.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
In an Ideal world?

Physical Vita and Digital vita.

Its funny employees of other Localization studios were making fun of Squares lack of management regarding this title 3 years ago
Well they did basically have the localization done and then just sat on it... so I can understand other people questioning that decision.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
The reasons for it not coming to PSP in the west were obvious, but with less-than-stellar Vita sales, would Square be brave enough to settle for Vita-only with this one? Maybe. But I suspect they'd want to try and get it to as many fans as possible, so PS3/4 might be a likely option.

I'd definitely prefer a physical PS3 HD port, given the choice, as well as Vita. Cross-play would be brilliant.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Thank God for Reggie's reported love of JRPGS.
I have to wonder about this as well, because after all, Europe is getting BD in 2013, if all things go as planned. When it was announced, I was under the impression that Nintendo Europe got their arses in gear like they've been doing for a while now, and perhaps approached S-E to get this game over. I can imagine Nintendo America was like "Shit, we can't have the EU Nintendo Direct announce BD and we don't!", so they did announce it, but it'll arrive later in 2014.

But hey, who knows, right? I get the impression Nintendo Europe are the ones to thank for us getting BD, though.

Lol are you sure? He didn't do anything about localising The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and the second Fire Emblem remake. Nor Archaic Sealed Heat and Soma Bringer before that.

According to Xseed, Nintendo of Europe. The deals to get those games localized doesnt happen without reggie. On his watch more rpgs got localized (archaic sealed heat wasnt nintendo).

Sony needs someone to make deals for rpgs that pan out. I am hoping that is whats happening

I have to wonder about this as well, because after all, Europe is getting BD in 2013, if all things go as planned. When it was announced, I was under the impression that Nintendo Europe got their arses in gear like they've been doing for a while now, and perhaps approached S-E to get this game over. I can imagine Nintendo America was like "Shit, we can't have the EU Nintendo Direct announce BD and we don't!", so they did announce it, but it'll arrive later in 2014.

But hey, who knows, right? I get the impression Nintendo Europe are the ones to thank for us getting BD, though.
Please read my other statement. All I know is without him, Inazuma Eleven, Solatorobo, Dragon quest deals dont happen.

I really hope Sony also steps up to the JRPG plate

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Please read my other statement. All I know is without him, Inazuma Eleven, Solatorobo, Dragon quest deals dont happen.

I really hope Sony also steps up to the JRPG plate
Then I'll take your word on that for those games. I do have a strong impression Nintendo Europe were the ones to push to get BD in the West, though. Why else would Europe get it 2013 and NA in 2014?