What's the best option for Dirge of Cerberus' future?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's the best option for Dirge of Cerberus' future?

• Digital only HD remaster.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HD remaster with Crisis Core.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • PS2 Classic.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Something else?

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Sep 26, 2013
Personally, I don't have a problem with HD ports so much, but it kind of bothered me that I got X/X-2 HD on PS3 and they just released it on PS4 later... I wish they would have just fucking said they were going to put it on PS4 and I would have got it on PS4.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's to not buy certain games during the the last two years of a console's life/the console transition period until a year or two after the next generation has started.

In the past, you'd want to buy those games cause they sold poorly and those games today are rising in price and are hard to find.

Nowadays, we're seeing some of those games being ported or remastered to next gen consoles. The last two years of the 7th generation was on a death march and we were seeing games not getting the sales they should have been getting. The only exceptions were the big AAA games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto.

Now why games like GTA5 and The Last of Us are being ported over when they sold very well? Either to fill in the gaps (as AAA games take too long to make nowadays) or to prevent a slow 8th generation start I think.

This is why I haven't bought KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD yet. I think it's inevitable that those two games will get ported to PS4 one day. FFX/X-2 HD PS4 port I think just seals the deal and it's only a matter of time.

And Dirge of Cerberus can stay asleep.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Wow, plenty of haters for it here.
Yeah, well, it's not really a good game. Have you played it yourself? If so, what did you think about it?

I actually haven't played it personally, but my cousin played it and showed me a lot of it and talked about his problems with the game. So, while I speak through someone else in terms of opinion, we share the same opinion on most everything, plus most of what I said is what I've looked into myself.

I wish it was a good game, because the idea seems cool, but there are so many things about it that are worse than a fanfiction lol.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Is it just me or does this comment seem hostile? Are we not entitled to our opinions here? Whether positive or negative?
He has a tendency to control how the topic he starts be discussed, eg: Poll doesn't offer an option of no follow-up. When pointing out things you disagree, then you are a hater to the game. It's not just you... so try not to take it personal.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Is it just me or does this comment seem hostile? Are we not entitled to our opinions here? Whether positive or negative?
You're fully entitled to your opinions. But I'm not looking for crap like "Write it out of history." If you don't like something, be mature and explain why you don't like it. Is it just because it's a shooter? Is it because you think it should have just ended with VII like Alex? And reasons like mediocre sales and scores mean little because Mystic Quest has been re-released for emulation twice and something like The After Years has been remade twice.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
You're fully entitled to your opinions. But I'm not looking for crap like "Write it out of history." If you don't like something, be mature and explain why you don't like it. Is it just because it's a shooter? Is it because you think it should have just ended with VII like Alex? And reasons like mediocre sales and scores mean little because Mystic Quest has been re-released for emulation twice and something like The After Years has been remade twice.
Mystic Quest is again a throwaway game that takes no resources to put on the virtual console on Wii/Wii U because it's a Nintendo title on an ancient system, that's completely different. Also The After Years wasn't actually not a bad game, and again, it's an easy title to move around given the nature of the game. Dirge of Cerberus is a PS2 game, it's not that simple to just put it on modern consoles.

Not everyone may have fully explained themselves, but I certainly did. People probably don't like the sentiment of "haters" because it seems like you are ignoring everyone who makes a point against the idea of this. You have yet to respond to anything I've said about the game having said more about it than anyone here with points to back it up. I've also asked you if you've played the game as well, something that I genuinely wanted to know, not out of trying to prove or disprove my argument in any way.

You haven't even said what your opinion on it. Why create a topic about something you won't even share your thoughts about? You could have at least said your experiences with the game in the OP or something, or maybe argue against the idea that people don't want a remake. Instead, you just say "wow lots of haters", and yeah there are a lot of haters, but wouldn't you want to try and justify why you created this thread and show that outside of Kitase being a producer on it, there's a good reason to do this other than "other games have been remade before". I mean, I guess that's an argument, but it doesn't seem like you really care about the state of the game one way or another if you put it like that.

Support your arguments, I think it's an interesting topic to discuss, but so far there's no one on DoC's side. Try to sell the idea to us like you would to Square themselves, if you can't make a convincing argument, it makes sense why Square doesn't have one either.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
That comment was meant to be taken as hyperbole and a joke. Even before stepping foot into this topic, I knew that the general consensus about DoC would be that it's not a very good game, and thus few would vouch for this game's "future."

I apologize for the miscommunication and for sounding hostile.

Last edited:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
That comment was meant to be taken as hyperbole and a joke. Even before stepping foot into this topic, I knew that the general consensus about DoC would be that it's not a very good game, and thus few would vouch for this game's "future."

I apologize for the miscommunication and for sounding hostile.
Thank you for apologizing.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
My distaste for Dirge has nothing to do with how I feel FF7's story was ended perfectly and everything that narratively has come since has cheapened that; the blame for that sits with AC ultimately, after all, which trades one of videogaming's most tonally perfect endings for a bunch of fanservice fights without any emotional meaning - but we've discussed this elsewhere, haha...

Anyway -- the damage was already done there by AC, so they may as well keep expanding that universe now, and maybe one day they'll find something as tonally rich as FF7's original ending again. My distaste for Dirge is simply because it's actually, on a gameplay level, incredibly shit. It's one of the worst products out there with the Final Fantasy name on it.

@Sora96, Rin really didn't owe you an apology at all, it was a perfectly reasonable reply and wasn't insulting to anybody. Chill out, man.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
My distaste for Dirge has nothing to do with how I feel FF7's story was ended perfectly and everything that narratively has come since has cheapened that; the blame for that sits with AC ultimately, after all, which trades one of videogaming's most tonally perfect endings for a bunch of fanservice fights without any emotional meaning - but we've discussed this elsewhere, haha...

Anyway -- the damage was already done there by AC, so they may as well keep expanding that universe now, and maybe one day they'll find something as tonally rich as FF7's original ending again. My distaste for Dirge is simply because it's actually, on a gameplay level, incredibly shit. It's one of the worst products out there with the Final Fantasy name on it.

@Sora96, Rin really didn't owe you an apology at all, it was a perfectly reasonable reply and wasn't insulting to anybody. Chill out, man.
I know Rin didn't, I wasn't expecting one. I only used Rin's comment as an example for all the hostile comments since that's what the majority of responses were. Just negative one-liners.

This thread is democratic. People can express their opinions however they'd like. When there's a negative sentence, I notice that you almost never ask them to explain. If you, as the thread creator, want it to be a discussion, then you should tackle some of the issues maturely instead of ignoring most of them. A discussion is a two-way process, an exchange of opinions and ideas regardless of whether their positive or negative. A discussion isn't something that just happens, it's a responsibility. If you really want to discuss, then get people to explain their beliefs such as saying, "A little harsh to say it should be written out of history. Could you elaborate on why you dislike the game?" Or better yet, disagree and tell them why you disagree. It's a little hypocritical that you ignored Rin's post and then only used it as a crux to complain about haters. You could have easily talked to Rin and supplied your opinion with why you think the game deserves a follow-up. And I mean game mechanics, premise, story and whatnot. Anyone can tell Kitase was involved with the game, and for most people, that doesn't mean much.

Now I'm going to bring up a different issue, and I'm going to be frank here. I, as well as a few members of the forum, feel that you are making too many threads. The Final Fantasy sub-section is filled with Sora96, and it's rather jarring to see that you are taking up a lot of the space for this small community. I know this is probably not much of a problem on KH13, where there are a lot of members to begin with, but a small community like ours can only thrive if we all get an opportunity to say our piece. When you make a lot of threads, a lot of other people don't get the chance to make the threads they want to make. Also, a lot of existing threads get moved to the next page very easily because you keep making new ones, so old and relevant threads become almost impossible to find. It's unfair to a lot of us.

I'm sure that @APZonerunner made the Generic FF Thread so that you could post most of the info or questions you find there. Easy to access, doesn't fill up the whole sub-section with just your own threads. I'm going to give an example of a redundant thread you've made that could have easily been posted as one thread.

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/how-long-is-ff2.3293/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/how-long-do-i-have-left-in-ff2.3308/

You need to make less threads and post in existing ones if you ever think you want to expand on your opinion. Your interviews with Takashi Tokita could have also been in one thread instead of many. You make a lot of threads about very specific things and that's the problem. You need to make it broader, like a thread to discuss FFX/X-2 HD in general, a thread to discuss the possibility of XII HD in general, a thread to discuss Motomu Toriyama's upcoming games in general, a thread to discuss Takashi Tokita in general.

http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...sions-of-v-and-vi-dont-look-bad-i-ii-do.3123/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/definitive-version-of-ffv-vi.3805/

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/mevius-ff-composer-revealed.3660/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/yuji-abe-might-have-revealed-something-in-mevius-in-2013.3663/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...ji-abe-about-to-be-revealed-as-director.3661/

These could have been in just two threads, aptly titled, "FFV and FFVI Android Versions Discussion," as well as, "Mevius Final Fantasy Discussion." Instead, there are just too many threads and most of us can't even bother to look through every single one of them nowadays to look for the threads we want.

Now let's have a discussion. As the post creator, I made this for a mature discussion rather than a bunch of negative one-liners.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
This thread is democratic. People can express their opinions however they'd like. When there's a negative sentence, I notice that you almost never ask them to explain. If you, as the thread creator, want it to be a discussion, then you should tackle some of the issues maturely instead of ignoring most of them. A discussion is a two-way process, an exchange of opinions and ideas regardless of whether their positive or negative. A discussion isn't something that just happens, it's a responsibility. If you really want to discuss, then get people to explain their beliefs such as saying, "A little harsh to say it should be written out of history. Could you elaborate on why you dislike the game?" Or better yet, disagree and tell them why you disagree. It's a little hypocritical that you ignored Rin's post and then only used it as a crux to complain about haters. You could have easily talked to Rin and supplied your opinion with why you think the game deserves a follow-up. And I mean game mechanics, premise, story and whatnot. Anyone can tell Kitase was involved with the game, and for most people, that doesn't mean much.

Now I'm going to bring up a different issue, and I'm going to be frank here. I, as well as a few members of the forum, feel that you are making too many threads. The Final Fantasy sub-section is filled with Sora96, and it's rather jarring to see that you are taking up a lot of the space for this small community. I know this is probably not much of a problem on KH13, where there are a lot of members to begin with, but a small community like ours can only thrive if we all get an opportunity to say our piece. When you make a lot of threads, a lot of other people don't get the chance to make the threads they want to make. Also, a lot of existing threads get moved to the next page very easily because you keep making new ones, so old and relevant threads become almost impossible to find. It's unfair to a lot of us.

I'm sure that @APZonerunner made the Generic FF Thread so that you could post most of the info or questions you find there. Easy to access, doesn't fill up the whole sub-section with just your own threads. I'm going to give an example of a redundant thread you've made that could have easily been posted as one thread.

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/how-long-is-ff2.3293/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/how-long-do-i-have-left-in-ff2.3308/

You need to make less threads and post in existing ones if you ever think you want to expand on your opinion. Your interviews with Takashi Tokita could have also been in one thread instead of many. You make a lot of threads about very specific things and that's the problem. You need to make it broader, like a thread to discuss FFX/X-2 HD in general, a thread to discuss the possibility of XII HD in general, a thread to discuss Motomu Toriyama's upcoming games in general, a thread to discuss Takashi Tokita in general.

http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...sions-of-v-and-vi-dont-look-bad-i-ii-do.3123/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/definitive-version-of-ffv-vi.3805/

http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/mevius-ff-composer-revealed.3660/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/threads/yuji-abe-might-have-revealed-something-in-mevius-in-2013.3663/
http://www.mognetcentral.com/thread...ji-abe-about-to-be-revealed-as-director.3661/

These could have been in just two threads, aptly titled, "FFV and FFVI Android Versions Discussion," as well as, "Mevius Final Fantasy Discussion." Instead, there are just too many threads and most of us can't even bother to look through every single one of them nowadays to look for the threads we want.

Now let's have a discussion. As the post creator, I made this for a mature discussion rather than a bunch of negative one-liners.
You interpret me almost perfectly.
However I must say something: Sora96 seems to be a young boy (18, if his profile is correct --and yeah, I checked that out when all these discussions started), and it's a somewhat impulsive person when trying to show his way of thinking. Both things made have a little more patience with him, even if sometimes his opinions and the way he express himself aren't the most optimal to keep this community being a calm, useful place. I'd give him that: he's still young, he's passionate about Square Enix (I can't explain the quantity of threads created by him otherwise), and sometimes he has not the capacity to control his mouth (or fingers hitting the keyboard) and he just expels the first thing that comes to him just because he feels he has to defends what he likes so much.

But --even understanding that; as the old dog I am--, Sora96, if you want to belong to a community (whatever community) and you want to share your feelings and ways of thinking, as you have the right to do, you MUST respect the others and understand that not everyone will think like you, that other people have the right to disagree with what you are thinking or defending, and that you should (specially when you like to create lots and lots of posts) try to accept dissidence, because not everything that's said is said to you, but to your opinion, and instead of getting rid of opinions you don't like, embrace them and attempt to discuss... in this forum of discussion (old name of this kind of sites). Otherwise, I'm sorry my friend, but you'll make me thing that you still have a very long road in from of you in terms of maturity.

And that's it. I don't like getting into this kind of personal stuff, so I won't mention any of this again.

Good luck to everyone.

EDIT:
Well I am the thread creator. I made this for a mature discussion rather than a bunch of negative one-liners.
And that wasn't mature at all, sadly u.u

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
To be clear, people are perfectly open to express their opinions, positive or negative, as long as they do so sensibly and politely. Thread creators aren't afforded any special rights just because they created the thread, unless it's something personal to them - which wouldn't really be the case in the FF or gaming sections.