Which Final Fantasy world would you live in and why?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
If you play Final Fantasy, maybe you've asked yourself this question. I know I have. FF has always been my escape from reality. With this forum, I figured its an opportunity to get the thoughts from other fans and to post something that's on the lighter side.

Personally, I choose Spira (post-Sin of course). Why? Luca and Blitzball. I'm not a sporty guy but I can definitely see myself attending blitzball games at the stadium in Luca, and let's not forget about the concerts. Luca is seriously the funnest place to be. Anyway, I could go on and on about this so before I start rambling, let me end this post and leave it to you fellow fans.

Have fun with this one!

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I´d probably pick the one that resemblances the 21st century the most so I´d say VIII's world.

As for what location of that world, perhaps Esthar City (not a 21st century location at all, lol), mostly for convinience and confort. Winhill is another candidate, a good choice if I want to go a replaxing place far away from the stress and noice of big cities.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The World of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
Backstory:
Good friend of Noctis Lucis Caelum met him when I was 7 he was 11.
Mom killed in plane crash(14), and Dad(15) got killed by a robber I let go because I was cheated money in a wrestling match, to my regret still looking for that robber. That day I learnt a lesson with great power comes great responsibility. Noct's family took me in that day, no one else would.
Lives with Noctis in Insomnia, doesn't know about my abilities won't tell him, he'll worry and be against me going out at night and fighting crime to atone for my sins, he'll think it's stupid. Noctis knows about the incident, but doesn't know about what happened after. He doesn't even know where I keep my costume, and my webshooters look like watches, so he suspects nothing.
My other friends will still be the friends I have on this earth.
Human whose has a special gene that activated during an accident involving obscene exposure to the Crystals, and Etro's light from Valhalla I was age 15.
Powers can crawl up walls, shoot web with web shooters, 10-15 ton superhuman strength, superhuman speed, and Sixth Danger sense, superhuman senses, superhuman reflexes, enhanced durability, and can naturally produce web fluid.
Costume: L-Cheapo version of this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d0/6d/62/d06d629369195598a502b81af7560430.jpg
Job: Kitchen Helper, was working in the lab, but after what happened they let me go even though it wasn't my fault, I was a high school intern.
To the outside world I'm just a shy teenager, but when I put on the mask, and costume. I am the Spectatcular Spider-Man.
Hobbies: Same as now, just with fighting crime added to it.
Feats:
Lifted a car, stopped a car from hitting a bus with my barehands.

Last edited:

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'd enjoy spending time on (if it weren't for divine or time travel shenanigans) Gran Pulse after Cocoon falls, just experiencing all that mysterious land and watching a new future materialise.

As for a place to live and explore, I'd go for Eorzea, particularly Gridania. Ivalice following XII but before the great collapse prior to Tactics and Vagrant Story is also quite tempting. But for something really earth like and relatively peaceful, then Eos post-Starscrouge might be welcome. I could help explore the old cities, unlock ancient mysteries, stop people who knew the old guard from desperately resurrecting the old ways or falling into depressions.

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
Backstory:
Mom killed in plane crash(14), and Dad(15) got killed by a robber I let go because I was cheated money in a wrestling match, to my regret still looking for that robber. That day I learnt a lesson with great power comes great responsibility. Noct's family took me in that day, no one else would.
Lives with Noctis in Insomnia, doesn't know about my abilities won't tell him, he'll worry and be against me going out at night and fighting crime to atone for my sins, he'll think it's stupid. Noctis knows about the incident, but doesn't know about what happened after. He doesn't even know where I keep my costume, and my webshooters look like watches, so he suspects nothing.
Human whose has a special gene that activated during an accident involving obscene exposure to the Crystals, and Etro's light from Valhalla I was age 15.
Powers can crawl up walls, shoot web with web shooters, 10-15 ton superhuman strength, superhuman speed, and Sixth Danger sense, superhuman senses, superhuman reflexes, enhanced durability, and can naturally produce web fluid.
Costume: L-Cheapo version of this https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d0/6d/62/d06d629369195598a502b81af7560430.jpg
Job: Kitchen Helper, was working in the lab, but after what happened they let me go even though it wasn't my fault, I was a high school intern.
To the outside world I'm just a shy teenager, but when I put on the mask, and costume. I am the Spectatcular Spider-Man.
Feats:
Impressive. You've clearly put a lot of thought into this :)

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Backstory:
Feats:
Haha Nice.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'm surprised no one has commented on the fact that I just introduced Spider-Man to world of Versus XIII.
I saw it and gave a momentary smirk at the homage, but didn't think it merited comment (not that into Western comic books). And I think the complimentary comments are people acknowledging the reference.

But thinking about what I would do... I think I'd be some bookish researcher who has to get out exploring places so I'm not self-tethered to a desk all the time.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I saw it and gave a momentary smirk at the homage, but didn't think it merited comment (not that into Western comic books). And I think the complimentary comments are people acknowledging the reference.

But thinking about what I would do... I think I'd be some bookish researcher who has to get out exploring places so I'm not self-tethered to a desk all the time.
With the amount we know about the original Versus XIII, you can practically shape the world to whatever you want it, so I decided I'm Spider-Man.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
With the amount we know about the original Versus XIII, you can practically shape the world to whatever you want it, so I decided I'm Spider-Man.
I think I always thought about it like this: Lucis as this super-advanced isolationist society, and everywhere else is rural to the point that in some places technology is equivalent to magic. I also kind of thought that Lucians as being seen as pariahs to most outside Lucis due to both their technology and their religious beliefs.

But then, I didn't get much of a chance to do that kind of stuff before we got the "fifteenth coming" trailer in 2013.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
None of them. Insomnia might be the closest, but the whole "invasion by daemon-infused soldiers with the onset of eternal night" would suck. Maybe Esthar -- but I like going outside for a run without an Iron Giant falling from the goddamn moon.

The older games -- hell no. I wouldn't tolerate "Heroes of Light" breaking into my house and robbing me of family heirlooms -- and once they find something better in a cave or forest or somebody else's house they try and sell back to me at my weapon shop. (But I wouldn't have to do much cardio, since I'd be marching in place all damn day)

Sioux

Yevonite
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Rosebud, SD
Ivalice. It's the ultimate middle ground situation. You get all the Fantasy without the Final part...unless you're born into the eras of Tactics or XII but, otherwise it's all good. Literally, choose any number of jobs from the classic Job system and live how you want...mostly. it's better than dealing with any number of maniacal evil villains, world ending collateral damage, and armies of conquering monsters throughout the other multiverses of the Final Fantasy series.