Xboxgamescom 2015 - your thoughts

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Never liked the dudebro box one. Although Scalebound looks good. Dont really like Third person shooters so not looking foward to quantam break and crackdown. Dont see myself buying a dudebro box just for one kamiya action game.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Scalebound = awesome (Praise Kamiya)
Dark Souls 3 = awesome (Praise the Sun)
Crackdown 3 = awesome (Praise the Destruction!)
Quantum Break = worried (I feel like it's gonna end up like watch dogs: flashy mechanics just for show but not significant to the overall gameplay)
Rise of the Tomb Raider = interested (It's good)

Everything else is probably games I don't care or multi-platform.
DS3 looks awesome but, i wonder if it will bring something new to the table.
Crackdown 3 is also awesome, i´m interested in how destruction will affect overall gameplay in multiplayer.
Quantum Break, same worry as with Watch Dogs, interesting/flashy mechanics but not significant or wasted potential.
Rise of the Tomb Raider, it look good but i´m worried that it´s trying to imitate Uncharted.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I'm slightly disappointed with Scalebound. I still like the premise, but actual gameplay looks kinda bland, especially for a Platinum game. Apparently it's still pre-alpha, though.

Dark Souls 3 looks nice, as expected.

I hate the new Tomb Raider. I wasn't fond of the direction they took with the reboot but I guess it was enjoyable for what it was. I hoped the sequel would improve the formula by toning down the mass-murder simulation aspect and maybe introducing something new, like... I dunno... tombs? But no, instead they added shitty stealth mechanics and AC-like kills. Ugh...

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'm slightly disappointed with Scalebound. I still like the premise, but actual gameplay looks kinda bland, especially for a Platinum game. Apparently it's still pre-alpha, though.
I partially agreed, the combat is not very angaging for an action game (even less for a PlatinunGames IP), though it still can improve.
BladeRunner said:
I hate the new Tomb Raider. I wasn't fond of the direction they took with the reboot but I guess it was enjoyable for what it was. I hoped the sequel would improve the formula by toning down the mass-murder simulation aspect and maybe introducing something new, like... I dunno... tombs? But no, instead they added shitty stealth mechanics and AC-like kills. Ugh...
Agreed on toning down the mass-murdering, this new Tomb Raider could work better if exploration and survival was the main focus with only few combats scattered around.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Nothing really stands out other then Rash coming to Killer Instinct.

Basically, Microsoft showed me why they should kill off their home console business and go multi-platform and/or make PC games. They don't really cover a need anymore.

I look at Sony and they cover the hardcore market and are getting the majority of Japanese games. I look at Nintendo and they cover kids and vibrant cartoony stuff. I look at Steam and they cover indies and creativity. I look at mobile and they cover casuals and shit. What exactly does Microsoft cover? What need do they address? All those things I've listed do well in their respective areas. Microsoft's direct competition is Sony but they don't stand out at all. There is just no strong incentive to own a XB1.

For me personally, it comes down to exclusives because that's about all Microsoft can offer at this point. But with some 1st party offerings coming to PC, they're just not doing a good job making me feel like I have to go out and buy the console.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Hyped that they announced Halo Wars 2 (and on PC). Then disappointed when I realized they moved it to a new developer. It's believed that most of the original Halo Wars team are under one roof still at Robot Entertainment.

I understand it's simplistic compared to most RTS games, but that's why it was such a good little title.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com

Dark Souls 3 looks nice, as expected.

Ummm, they've made a big deal about the tombs being back.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Ummm, they've made a big deal about the tombs being back.
They said the same thing about the last game. That the tombs are in but are optional so they're not showing them. And in the actual game the "tombs" were nothing but pathetic. I'm not gonna believe anything the devs say unless proven with actual footage.

Also, to be clear, when I (and many other fans) say that I want tombs, I don't mean simply ruins environment for some shooting action. What I mean is the whole level design focused on exploration, platforming and solving puzzles. Sections like that appeared in the reboot but they were far too small and too few between all the killing and shooting.

Of course I'll be very happy if the tombs in ROTR are like that, but I'm not taking their word for it. I'll remain pessimistic until they actually show them.