Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Got another site update! http://xenobladex.jp/

Maurice

Art Gallery

Gallery translations

In this section, they will be introducing the work of the various artists who have contributed to Xenoblade X.

In the first update, they are introducing Hideyuki Matsumoto. His main task for the game is to design weapons and NLA gadgets. But what they're showcasing here is his setting design work for the crash landing of the White Whale on Planet Mira.

The first image in the center is the finalized art setting for the event. The four similar images below are the various drafts he made before the final piece. Below that are some other rough art samples he made unrelated to the White Whale scene.
Live stream link

Latest tweets and character info.

The new tweets are just Kojima talking about another thing they couldn't include in Xenoblade but wanted to. Xenoblade X will have a full enemy encyclopedia where you can view 3D models of monsters you have encountered, check what drop items they have, etc. It's something they wanted in Xenoblade, but didn't have the development time. He also teases that the New 3DS port of Xenoblade will include this as well.

As for the website character update...

Maurice (VA: Ikuya Sawaki)

Maurice is a bureaucrat who was from the United States Department of Defense, before being promoted to a Presidential Aide. He saw it as his right to appoint himself the chief administrator of the NLA government, and he acts as a representative for the human race on Planet Mira.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Translated by Cheesemeister on twitter.

Open number 8. You're still alive. Are you okay? Don't push it. You just woke up. You're the only one to wake up. I'm Elma.
Our journey from Earth was suddenly cut short. We had to make an emergency landing. This is the planet we landed on. It's still untamed.
What do you think? Not bad, huh? This is our city, New Los Angeles. Welcome to NLA.

I'll tell you about NLA. This is our new home. This is the industrial area, at the entrance. Lots of weaponized machinery is made here.
This is the commercial area. Lots of people gather here. I like to go shopping. This is the residential area, where everyone lives.
This is the Blade area, our military's headquarters. Lots of weapons and equipment can be bought and stored here.

What's a Blade?

Blades are our police and military, protecting our city. They're also used in recon. Life is our support system. Some life pods broke off.
We need to go find life pods scattered across the world to recover survivors. Lin will explain the Frontier Net. Your position is shown.

The shining beam is a Frontier Spot, where you can gather information from data probes. They collect info about the places you set them.
This probe found a treasure nearby. Each area's objectives are revealed through the data probes. Find 100% of the objectives!
As you place probes, the dialogue of NLA residents will be expanded. Quests can be undertaken from NLA residents or directly from Blade.

If you succeed in your quests, you'll be handsomely rewarded. Be sure to clear them. Relationships between characters expand by interacting.
Planet Mira is still largely unexplored, and there's lots of room to explore.

Tatsu will continue explaining. There are several continents.

NLA is on the grassland continent. Next is the Night Light Forest continent. Then, the Forgotten Canyon. They're all huge. The White Forest.
Finally, the Black Steel continent. It's a volcanic area. It's really huge! Tatsu keeps saying the continents are huge. He can't help it.

There are so many locations in each continent that they can't all be explained. Each has a number of landmarks, secret areas, and vistas.
Did you think traveling would be a hassle? You can dash, jump, and skip travel to data probes you've placed. Navigation Ball helps the lost.
Just follow the Navigation Ball to your next destination. Use the Hopper Camera to get a bird's eye view from above your current location.

If you get a Doll (mech), you can travel even faster by transforming into a vehicle or taking to the sky. Find new areas to explore.
Dolls can't just be used by anyone, only certified Blade members. Creatures of Planet Mira. There are many different kinds, big and small.
It's best to avoid creatures that are far above your level. Watch out for obards. Creatures with special names require caution.
Alien species, friendly and hostile, can be interacted with. Our objective is to seek out the Life Points. Sometimes we have to fight.

Next time, we'll teach you the skills you'll need for survival.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
The pre-load confirms the following:

- 22.7GB to download
- Single Player RPG
- 4 Players Online Quests
- 32 Players Indirect Online (to exchange items and info)

Also supports GamePad, WiiU Pro Controller, and USB keyboard. Miiverse support. Off-TV play. 720p.

Xenoblade X WiiU set announced.

Last edited:

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
720p is a bit disappointing, but its expected considering the size of the game, and the power the Wii U has. Here's to hoping that this game does try to target 60fps, for the sake of the gameplay.

Also, the cover looks great on a black game box. Maybe we'll have a black game box for this in the West.

May 26, 2014
Is that supposed to be the player avatar next to Elma? Or is that another character?

Also I didn't realize Elma had heels so I thought she was floating for a few seconds, heh.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Is that supposed to be the player avatar next to Elma? Or is that another character?
You mean the red hair guy? That's the player avatar they've been using as a default for all the footage and screenshots we've been seeing.

Continents of Planet Mira

Primordial Wilderness (You can see how much the Treehouse demo covered)

Valley of Forgetfulness

Noctilucent Forest

Land of White Wood

Land of Black Steel

The middle area seems to show all the party members. The Dunban looking dude and blue horned dude are present. The guy on the very bottom was in the E314 trailer story trailer. The blonde guy beside Elma I don't recall seeing before.

Last edited:
May 26, 2014
You mean the red hair guy? That's the player avatar they've been using as a default for all the footage and screenshots we've been seeing.
No I mean the black haired guy in the box art.

The middle area seems to show all the party members. The Dunban looking dude and blue horned dude are present. The guy on the very bottom was in the E314 trailer story trailer. The blonde guy beside Elma I don't recall seeing before.
This is interesting. I had assumed Van Damme and Tatsu would be party members, but judging from this they're not. At least not in the same sense that the characters in the blue circle are. Perhaps they take more of a supporting role? (And maybe that's what the bright green border signifies?) Anyway, I could've sworn I saw Tatsu following MC/Elma/Lyn in the recent footage.

Sep 26, 2013
Another massive website update.

New music

New artwork

BLADE and the eight unions

Orders and quests

New Los Angeles

Planet Mira

Character Creator

You can listen to voice samples on the site. Here's a list of voice actors.

Male Voices

Shintaro Asauma (Classic)
Kouki Uchiyama (Rival)
Eiji Miyashita (Hot-blooded)
Shinosuke Tachibana (Honor-Roll Student)
Tetsuya Kakihara (Shounen)
Souichirou Hoshi (Teenage)
Daisuke Namikawa (Military)
Toshihiko Seki (Brother)
Masaya Onosaka (Kansai)
Hideyuki Tanaka (Samurai)

Female Voices

Ai Maeda (Classic)
Rina Satou (Tsundere)
Yui Ogura (Whisper)
Shiori Katsuta (High-Class)
Maaya Uchida (Spoiled)
Sumire Uesaka (Ditzy)
Atsuko Tanaka (Military)
Ami Koshimizu (Sexy)
Ryoko Shiraishi (Kansai)
Mariko Suzuki (Traditional Japanese)

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
That track is beautiful, @Squirrel Emperor do you have the other music featured for download too?

The character creation is very well detailed for facial features. Don't seem like you can make many major changes to the body. Will this game only have one town or has it been confirmed to have more? So far it looks like they are going all out on this one big town.

May 26, 2014
Will this game only have one town or has it been confirmed to have more? So far it looks like they are going all out on this one big town.
Looks like it's only one major town. And I think it'll work better that way too. If you played Xenoblade then you know how tedious some of the quests could be when trying to find specific characters within multiple huge towns. And if you wanted to do more quests after the initial visit you'd have to run around multiple large areas like mad. So I think they made the right choice having one large hub town. Plus it makes sense, since it's supposed to be the only human settlement on the planet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nopon settlements though! And perhaps some other species' towns or villages too. Though if there are, I don't think we've seen them yet.

e: Oh yeah, I guess there's also a quest board and enhanced quest info in this game. So that'll definitely facilitate the completion of quests and cut down (or even eliminate) the time spent running around looking for people.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
Looks like it's only one major town. And I think it'll work better that way too. If you played Xenoblade then you know how tedious some of the quests could be when trying to find specific characters within multiple huge towns. And if you wanted to do more quests after the initial visit you'd have to run around multiple large areas like mad. So I think they made the right choice having one large hub town. Plus it makes sense, since it's supposed to be the only human settlement on the planet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nopon settlements though! And perhaps some other species' towns or villages too. Though if there are, I don't think we've seen them yet.

e: Oh yeah, I guess there's also a quest board and enhanced quest info in this game. So that'll definitely facilitate the completion of quests and cut down (or even eliminate) the time spent running around looking for people.
Hey, Thanks for the info!