Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Some of those customization faces look great to me but the first ones that show up for male/female selection are so sub-par.

Decisions, decisions... Should I make an Elly clone, a Margie clone, a KOS-MOS clone (her VA is an option), or fulfill my sad fangirl dreams and insert myself into the series so I can fly around in a mech.

Part of me wants to play this game so bad that I'm tempted to hold off the new 3ds a little longer and instead buy the bundle + a cheap computer monitor so I can play it when it comes out (and guaranteed in Japanese). But I know that's kind of crazy and if I did that I don't think I would ever leave my room.

Sigh...

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
After some advice and reflection i did go ahead and preorder the Wii U bundle. I already have 2 copies of the original Xenoblade, so I could use my JP one somehow or get a used copy (they run ~$50 here but kind of rare). Plus XB looks great in HD. I don't think I need a new 3ds. I also skipped Legend of Legacy, Pokemon, and the Mimi GEM figure so that covers the price discrepancy and some of the cost of a monitor. I don't know if I'll be getting P4D either; I mostly want the soundtrack for that. Plus I realized the bundle costs the same as a standard 8gb unit in the US. Hurray for mental gymnastics.

I can't wait to play this game eeeeee
(IT BETTER BE GOOD lol)

Sep 26, 2013
Ru (Voice: Ryotaro Okiayu)

An inventor and native of the planet Mira.
He makes his living by selling his inventions to Nopon and other native species.
With a very curious personality, he feels very close to the newly arrived humans and is, for some reason, very familiar with idioms.

Segment Map

A Frontier Net Spot is in this segment
A data probe has been placed here.
Can fast travel to this location/segment.
No information on this segment.
A dangerous monster/Overed is here.
A Treasure Chest is here.
The goal for a normal quest is here.
The goal for a kizuna/affinity quest is here.
This segment's goals are complete.
Hopper Camera

Frontier Network

The Frontier Net made up of Data Probes will automatically mine for things like Miranium, an all-purpose ore, and other ores and crystals called 'Rare Resources'. By finding Treasure Chests and completing quests, you will be able to upgrade the Data Probes functions.

Mining Probe: Increases production, gathers more 'Miranium'.

Research Probe: If you've found a hidden area or beautiful view in the areas surrounding this probe, you can gather tourism money.

Battle Probe: Battling within the region surrounding this probe will give you various effects during battle.

Storage Probe: Increases the amount of Miranium you can store.

Strength Probe: Increases the effects of surrounding data probes.

Copy Probe: Copies the effects of surrounding data probes.
Source for translations

Sep 26, 2013
Latest tweets.

[Takahashi] It's been about a month since I posted. The Shulk amiibo came out! I've been supervising this since the early prototype stages, but I'd like to say thanks to all the people who've worked very hard on the amiibo. I saw a production model at the start of this month and I was very impressed with the build quality. This time it's a Smash Bros. figurine, but I'd love for there to be a Xenoblade [amiibo] series sometime in the future, too.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I hope they make a Xenoblade amiibo line... I missed out on the 3ds faceplate (again!!) despite running home as quickly as I could to try and make it in time when it went up on amazon, public appearances and physical ability be damned. I spent 10 minutes gasping for air and shaking before I could start crying in frustration-- it sold out before I could hit the one click preorder. Boooo. I hope everyone who preordered was as big of a Xenofreak as I am to take the sting off. :( but I'm willing to be late for school on the release date to hit up all the brick and mortar stores if I can't get one for its actual value online. I really want that cover, pray for me... lol

It's still a little over a month for XB and two months for XBX. I recently finished a Xenogears replay and am about a third of the way through Xenosaga now for the umpteenth time. Waiting is hard. I want to know what the "deep sci fi story" is.

Sep 26, 2013
Translations.

Also, confirmation that you can change the time of day by interacting with a Rest Spot.

Weather effects include Fair, Cloudy, Rain, Thunder & Lightning, Aurora, Rainbow and continent-specific effects like Sandstorms and Heatwaves.

Lao (Voice: Keiji Fujihara)
One of B.L.A.D.E.'s team leaders.
His fighting strength and intuition is admired even by Elma.
He is unexpectedly sensitive and passionate to his core.
He is buddy of Douglas from their days in the US military.

Douglas (Voice: Rikiya Koyama)
A member of B.L.A.D.E. He is proficient at all military skills, but especially adept at piloting Dolls.
Despite his stern-looking exterior, he is easy to make fun of; Lyn will often poke fun at his mistakes during Doll test flights.
On Earth, he served under Elma as part of the Unified Government's Vehicle Special Ops Force (also known as the Doll Team).
He is buddy of Lao from their days in the US military.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013

I'll look for some translations but if you played Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii, then it's nothing new really. It's basically an evolution of that battle system. We do get a peak at a couple new characters at the end of the footage though.

The next broadcast will focus on dolls.

Last edited:

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I watched the stream last night and it was so good!! Feeling a bit better about preordering the game now but I still don't know how many opportunities I'll have to play, lol.

Soul voice is interesting. The lines shouted are based on the voice/personality type you pick for your character. It makes the roleplay portion a bit more interactive, really being able to make your character a specific type of battle strategist and showing some semblance of personality which is nice.

Slightly disappointed we didn't see more mechs in this round, but if it's a big enough system that it can have its own stream I suppose that's a good thing.

May 26, 2014
So wait, you'll be able to play as any random member of Blade? Whoa.

They cleared up TP too. I had thought it was for arts (along with the cooldown time), but it's actually for reviving dead allies and overclock mode. Apparently you have to have the TP gauge completely full to revive someone?

Oh, I was also wondering, and maybe they explained it in the stream but I can't understand Japanese: Can any character use any weapon type? Or does each character have a specific type he/she uses? Or is it tied to class in some way?

Anyway, this looks better each time. I liked the song that played when they were introducing the characters at the end. And body part destruction? Heck yes.