Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

The whole competition between FF XV and Xenoblade X seems so stupid to me,people seem to forget the draught of big console Jrpgs in the previous years of PS3/Xbox360
We are finally getting new titles and yet people are arguing instead of supporting via word of mouth so that more people will get interested about them outside of the tradional jrpg fanbase:shifty:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
Looks amazing. The new logo is really fitting (although I'll miss the old one, reminiscent of Xenogears), and it looks that they've really polished the game since E3 (I was somewhat dissapointed in what was shown).

That said, I totally agree with @yeah_1993: the character models (namely the faces) are awful, so, so horrible. Now, I have a problem with Xenosaga and Xenoblade's designs too, so it's nothing new (I loved Xenogears', despite some stinkers).

Seriously, what the fuck.

I really liked the city parts, too, although the part when the MC is jumping fences in the suburbs was... weird. And man, that SCALE. The world looks really beautiful and unique, and the different means of transport are promising as hell.

It's a shame that I don't have a Wii U :/

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Looking at the character's faces... to me, it look like they're trying just a little too hard to pay homage to Xenosaga. Ash they should, somewhat, but I'd rather it be in a different way than those cold, emotionless faces. Those environments looks absolutely stunning, though.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Is In The Final Stages Of Development

Following yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation, where we got to see the latest footage and screenshots from Xenoblade Chronicles X, developers Monolith Soft shared a message for fans on their newly opened website for the game.

Monolith Soft began by asking if you fans enjoyed the latest Nintendo Direct, where we got to see the latest look at their upcoming game, Xenoblade Chronicles X. According to Monolith, they’re currently entering the final stages of development, and the staff are all in high spirits. However, Nintendo recently told them that an official website for the game will need a little more time to prepare.

So, after giving it some thought, Monolith Soft decided to go ahead and make a website for Xenoblade Chronicles X on their own. They say that it was something that was made in a hurry, but they were able to create the game’s main visual as seen on the top page of the website.

The folks at Monolith Soft initially feared that they would get in trouble after being told by Nintendo to wait a little longer for the site. As it turns out, and to their surprise, Nintendo simply responded with a “go ahead” and let them create the site.

However, they’re still not sure whether the website by Monolith Soft will become obsolete once Nintendo opens their own official website, or if this one will manage to survive by having its own unique content, which they hope will be part of the fun as the release of the game gets nearer.

Monolith conclude their message by saying that either way, now that they’ve opened the website, they’ll continue working with it and hope to establish a connection with the fans who check it out. Also a thank you for all the support.

They also opened an official Twitter account, @XenobladeJP, so it seems like we’ll hear more details about the game sooner than expected.

Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan sometime in Spring 2015 for Wii U. A 2015 release is being targeted for North America and Europe as well.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
I don't want to turn this into a one VS the other thread, but the thing about that footage that gives me great hope is that it looks like it has a lot of the same bold ideas that FF15 does... except it appears to show more actual tenable long-term gameplay options even in that short clip than FF15 has.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
This will probably be Nintendo's headliner at next year's E3. Considering we don't get another Metroid or Legend of Zelda announcement, however.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but the character designer's art style does indeed look like the 3d models and going by general reactions it doesn't translate to 3d very easily.

If Xenogears was made in 3d it would look like that too.

I liked the graphics in the first Xenosaga (and actually think it compromised a little better than this game does) so I don't have a big problem with the models. My only compaint is that some of the faces, like the preset protagonist used in this trailer, look squished. His forehead/hair is huge and his face is pushed to the bottom edge of his head down to his pointy little chin, haha.

I hope there are interactive things to keep players immersed because XB sadly had no puzzles mini games treasure seeking dugeons unique ways of moving from point A to B and so on worth to note. it just had over 400 needless fetch my ass quest, "kind sir can u plz kill 30 giant wolves and touch 20 blue orbs, thank you". it was just big for the sake of big... forget about immersion. the fun stuff that makes open world to explore other than kill monsters or material hunt cuz npc with ! over their head said so. even hearts to hearts felt like a chore let alone a cheap gimmick on Tales of skits. i just saw the trailer glad they have a big jump mechanic. and glad they finally realized to put in damn transportation. hopefully its a lot more fun like Pokemon No No Kuni and Blue Dragon