Your feedback on the FFXV Duscae Demo (It's UPS & DOWNS) *SPOILERS*

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
If anyone has any problem with the US survey where you lose connection or you need to refresh but can't get the survey back up, please contact me here on the forums. I don't want to disclose how to do it publicly, simply because it can be exploited by people who don't have a real code.

Myrodis19

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 15, 2014
Westminster, Maryland
Nomura wanted the move to be centered around the main cast of characters with Noctis and his friends/companions with a road trip style setting. Four guys on a road trip will act very differently if a girl is with them. They will be sleeping together in tents, and of course talking about stuff guys talk about. Guys act differently around girls, and so this will disrupt the narrative.

Not everyone will be happy with this answer, but it's the one that has been given by Nomura and Tabata, and it makes a lot of sense. Final Fantasy XV is taking a new approach with both storytelling and gameplay that challenge the existing standards for what Final Fantasy has set previously. The story is what's important for me, and I like that they are focused on creating a story that is meaningful, not shoehorning in characters to appeal to everyone.
Plus didn't Tabata or someone say that there will be guest party members? So, technically speaking the people who want a female party member could in a way get their wish.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
    • [QUOTE="Wazi the pa, post: 21171, member: 250" Noctis' personality to me is like the combination of some of Tidus' & Cloud's personality.
      [/QUOTE]
    Noctis is a reconstruction of Cloud.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Eh, Noctis voice acting and the others as well were very nuanced I thought. I mean they didn't just stick to one "I'm the smart guy or I'm the clown" all the time. They felt multifaceted with just the limited time in the demo.
Dialogue during game-play = real time characterization, it doesn't stop at the cost of gameplay. Yes whoever did the script and character sheets deserves credit for fleshing out their personalities. The party isn't behaving these ways because of A, B, and C clichie, which is the opposite in a light of shonen light anime. Nomura said he wanted the characters less animey and by that I think he meant a step away from something you would see in One Piece or Fairy Tail. Now all we need is backstory to further justify behavior and probably some other things.

However, my biggest concern is the theme of friendship. If the characters get along all the time in a world full of cynicism and despair then that would come off as a childish relationship because boundaries aren't crossed. It just repeats we can beat evil through the power of friendship! and that is not appropriate for what is described as the darkest Final Fantasy yet. Conflict shouldn't come from the antagonist alone. there's grey here.

as for voice acting it's hammy cuz there's no jrpg that isnt...

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
But they can´t abuse it as long as they don´t have the demo code
Actually, it's EXTREMELY easy to get to the poll without having a code. It's pretty disgusting whoever designed the page for the poll entry didn't even fucking try to create a decent authentication system. PLUS, if you enter your code and refresh, it fucking LOCKS YOU OUT. That's the entire reason why I had to figure out how to break it, and fuck me it's laughable. Anyone that knows about programming would take a look at that "authentication" system and LAUGH, I know I did.

The survey can be accessed without a code. I wish they just released the US copies of Type-0 with the fucking registration code and authenticated a survey based off that and not this half assed PSN code shit that doesn't even work.

Whoever made that page should be fired, no exaggeration. They not only have compromised the survey, but they also made Square Enix look embarrassed.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
That's only a problem of the US survey so far, right? Cause you have to log in to your SE member account to have access to the EU survey.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Actually, it's EXTREMELY easy to get to the poll without having a code. It's pretty disgusting whoever designed the page for the poll entry didn't even fucking try to create a decent authentication system. PLUS, if you enter your code and refresh, it fucking LOCKS YOU OUT. That's the entire reason why I had to figure out how to break it, and fuck me it's laughable. Anyone that knows about programming would take a look at that "authentication" system and LAUGH, I know I did.

The survey can be accessed without a code. I wish they just released the US copies of Type-0 with the fucking registration code and authenticated a survey based off that and not this half assed PSN code shit that doesn't even work.

Whoever made that page should be fired, no exaggeration. They not only have compromised the survey, but they also made Square Enix look embarrassed.
ok.... lets just hope they can detect the trolls between those feedbackers....

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
No so much to add because most of you already said but i have something here and maybe a nitpicking; i don´t own the demo but i played it in the PS4 of a friend:
  • The leveling needs to be a bit more slow, just with a few combats the characters skyrocketed from lv5 to lv10. Recommend to go from Lv5 to Lv6 or Lv7.
  • Improve the the parrying system (specially when sorrounded by many enemies)

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I also doubt that this survey/the feedback in general will have a noticeable impact on the final product - for the better imo.. They'll likely tweak the camera, the lock on function and some other minor complaints but that's it.
Some of the questions are also really weird though. Seems more like a general target group survey.

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
So I have this feedback on Square Enix about the FFXV demo.
Is this too much? xD

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae:

+ positive (liked it/can stay in the final game)
+ is good
++ is very good
+++ is perfect

- negative (didn't liked it/should be fixed)
- is bad
-- is very bad
--- is atrocious

* wish (should be added/suggestions for improvement)
* low priority
** high priority
*** highest priority

Story:
Can not be rated, because it's only a demo.
But still, hope that Stella and Luna are not the same person. Maybe sisters.^^

Graphic----------------------------------18/20
+++ realistic lightning
++ amazing main character models
+++ good-looking NPC's
++ believeble monsters
+++ cool-looking weapons
++ beautiful water
++ wonderful Weatherchanging
++ good texture
-- no shadows on grass
-- alaising on cars

*** more draw-distant

Gameplay----------------------------------17/20
++ good battle-system
+++ very good HP and MP system
++ different weapons usable during combat
+++ camping
+++ no loadings
+++ the Niflheim airship and the robots
+++ Behemoth bossfight
+++ breath-taking ramuh summon
+++ awesome animations
+++ creepily atmosphere
+++ shops
+++ the dungeon
++ chocobos
++ simple UI
++ slow-motion by a heavy attack (when Noctis HP is at 0 points)
-- still a little bit the "hitstun" effect by attacking the enemy
- Noctis Zweihander is not too heavy enough
-- too quick to level-up
-- frame drops
-- camera doesn't follow the enemy by lock-on
-- lock-on symbol is too big
-- positive conditions symbols are not definable (should be like in FF XIII)
-- stop effect from Prompto should be grey on monsters instead of purple
--- darkness effect/black border on screen (it was also sometimes in FF XIII-2)

** to run longer
** more realistic jump-animation
*** able to swim
*** hurt characters (HP-bar is red) should bleeding
*** dying characters (HP-bar is grey) should lie on the ground instead of "sitting"
** able to rotate the camera during camping
*** to lock-on with R1 or R3 and with moving R3 to change the target
*** a minimap like in FF XIII
*** monsters level-up too
** weapons should be visible in the menu like in Lightning Returns
*** switchable and playable characters...
*** ...if not realizable, than
1. should Noctis use all different kind of weapons
(like fists, daggers, swords, broadswords, katanas, speers, lances, axes, rapiers, guns, whips, bow and arrow)
2. should be Gladiolus, Ignis, Prompto, Guestcharacters outside the battles controllable and if the battle begins the system switches automatically to Noctis
*** controlable airships
*** save system like in Lightning Returns (one automatic savegame and multiples manually saving)
*** weather like snow, thunderstorms, sandstorms, tornados
*** magic spells like flare, ultima, meteor, holy, gravit/demi etc.
*** espers like Diablos, Eden, Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Alexander, Siren, Carbuncle, Cerberus, Doomstrain, Phönix etc.
** more variety of attacks from the Esper like Ramuh summons a big thunderclap without his rod or he uses his weapon to attack the enemies with many small thunderclaps (like in FF VI)
*** monsters like tonberry, cactuar, bomb, malboro, ochu, omega weapon, ultima weapon etc.
** treasures like in FF VII, X
* able to change the color in the menus like in FF VI, VII

Soundtrack--------------------------------10/10
+++ simply goddess (love Shimomura ^_^ )
+++ everything perfect
+++ adjustable sound intensity

*** a radio in the car to hear old Final Fantasy and FF XV music

Sound-------------------------------------09/10
+++ fits overall
+++ cool airship sound
++ good english voices of Gladio, Ignis, Prompto
--- the english voice of Noctis is too deep...

*** ...it should sound like in the Jump Fiesta Trailer (Noctis and his friends are in the car) Noctis said "okay? Being blast into oblivion!?"

Extent------------------------------------10/10
+++ huge landscape
+++ open-world
++ many different things to collect like fogs, swords, items
++ dungeons, forests
+++ cool and suprising moments like the titan and the Niflheim airship

*** deserts
*** snowy landscapes
* universe like in FF VIII, if it is possible :D
*** theater-mode like in FF Type-0 (play the cutscenes, CGI, music, render characters, monsters)
** New Game+ (ceeping the items, new unlockable locations and bosses)

Fun Factor--------------------------------09/10
+++ finally a FF XV demo
++ the battles
+++ the dialogs
+++ the freindship between the main characters
++ searching for items
+++ strong enemies
-- the camera
-- frame drops

*** the minigame trible traid card of FF VIII

Result------------------------------------73/80