Your username

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Royston

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 3, 2014
Ah man, I have use Royston on games and anime forums since around 1997-8 after I watched a certain film by Royston Vasey (Chubby) Brown but attribute it to League of Gentlemen for those who don't know of Roy's comedy :D

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
It's my actual first name err... so close. My name is Leonardo and it and Leonhart are actually variations of the same name.

The origins of the real name actually differ... some people say It's french "Leonard", some people say the original is the german "Leonhardt".
Both are "junctions" (yeah FFVIII in all it's flavor hehe) of Lion and Hard... Meaning something like "a strong lion".

Actually is because of that name meaning that Squall has a Lion as symbol.

Frei

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
The major UK PS1 magazine did a big article on the upcoming game, Final Fantasy IX.

It did a section on each known playable character, one of which was Freija Crescent.

Obviously in the final release her name was localised to Freya. I think I used Freija as a username before the game released, but if I didn't it was before I played the game personally. I used Freija/Frei for years and years, it was a big part of my teenage years, and though I moved away from it eventually it's a name I'll always use on FF-related sites.

(that magazine also gave Amarant's name as Salamander, and I was real disappointed to find that Salamander is too many characters to rename him)

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Well, I hadn't noticed this thread. Y'all have interesting stories, so mine as a bit disappointing. I was like in 7th grade (12 years old) and it was the first thing that passed through my head, followed by my year of birth. Yeah, I'm not a very creative guy.

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
One of my early friends on this site, many many years ago typoed my name as Kaite, which somehow became Kaiite and then I shortened it to Kaii.

Minion

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Aug 27, 2014
Old in-joke that never died. Ever.

I use other usernames, but Minion always stuck somewhere.

Bremaine

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 31, 2014
Mine is actually a reference to Flight of the Conchords two main characters. Bret and Jemaine. So I made up Bremaine. :) I'm a huge fan of them so I figure it works for me.