FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2013
"I think you're wrong" does not equal "let's not have a discussion about this". It's an important distinction to make here because it looks to me as though everyone was remarkably polite about it which isn't always the case. One reason why I like this forum. I wouldn't let my feelings get hurt; people can and are going to disagree with you time and again.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
"I think you're wrong" does not equal "let's not have a discussion about this". It's an important distinction to make here because it looks to me as though everyone was remarkably polite about it which isn't always the case. One reason why I like this forum. I wouldn't let my feelings get hurt; people can and are going to disagree with you time and again.
Someone telling someone else "don't do this to yourself" isn't the same as "I disagree with you".
Someone telling me (or someone else) that we're in one of the stages of denial isn't the same as "I disagree with you".

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm not criticizing disagreements here. I'm very specifically criticizing personal attacks.

Sep 26, 2013
Someone telling someone else "don't do this to yourself" isn't the same as "I disagree with you".
Someone telling me (or someone else) that we're in one of the stages of denial isn't the same as "I disagree with you".

I appreciate your efforts, but I'm not criticizing disagreements here. I'm very specifically criticizing personal attacks.
If you call that a personal attack you're being entirely too sensitive... "Don't do this to yourself" only means "You're fooling yourself" which translates pretty loosely to "You're seeing what you want to see". It really doesn't seem to be a personal attack in any way, it is just simple disagreement and I don't know why you'd choose to interpret it as an attack.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Catching up. True after all, huh? I had a feeling it might be, just didn't want to make a case for it to unnecessarily kill anyone's hope.

Oh well, that's how things go. I'd much rather they take the time and get it done right than rush it out and have it be a mess. We still have Kingsglaive coming up. Plus, I'm back on my Minecraft kick, so that should keep me entertained for a bit.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Please S-E, fucking delay this to 2017: I won't tell the difference anyways, won't encounter spoilers and you'll have even more time to polish the game and enjoy all the shitposting.

Looking for Tabata's phone number rn.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
If you call that a personal attack you're being entirely too sensitive... "Don't do this to yourself" only means "You're fooling yourself" which translates pretty loosely to "You're seeing what you want to see". It really doesn't seem to be a personal attack in any way, it is just simple disagreement and I don't know why you'd choose to interpret it as an attack.
A personal attack is anything from something small to something big. A personal attack is a general term used for a certain action.

You don't need to insult someone's mother in order to personally attack that person. It simply means that rather than sticking to the topic at hand, you attack said person's character.

I never claimed that these were major offenses.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
A personal attack is anything from something small to something big. A personal attack is a general term used for a certain action.

You don't need to insult someone's mother in order to personally attack that person. It simply means that rather than sticking to the topic at hand, you attack said person's character.

It's the internet. You need thicker skin. Sorry.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I think people are confused because of the way these leaks broke and the inconsistencies surrounding it.
  • Why release materials that could be delayed to give correct release dates in them?
  • Why release promo material and a sticker when you could just release promo material with the correct date and not have to create a sticker which is added cost?
  • Why did the leaks not originally mention the stickers and only after images of the display model get posted do we get a follow up instructions that mention the sticker?
It's these sort of things that just confuse people, rumors get debunked then reconfirmed within only a few hours times, so people are just confused. It's not denial, I think people are just really confused as to what's going on. Some people are being fucking ridiculous, but some people are just confused.

I think there are some weird choices being made with this, but ultimately I don't care either way. If the game is delayed, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Sep 26, 2013

It's not a personal attack under really any definition. Anyone who would see it as such is someone who should take a step back and examine what was actually said and what it means. However, I can see that trying to convince you would take more posts than this board has space and isn't a productive or on-topic use of this thread so I'll happily agree to disagree with you.

TwoDotsO

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 30, 2016
It's not a personal attack under really any definition. Anyone who would see it as such is someone who should take a step back and examine what was actually said and what it means. However, I can see that trying to convince you would take more posts than this board has space and isn't a productive or on-topic use of this thread so I'll happily agree to disagree with you.
It's literally the definition of the word. But hey, let's agree to disagree.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Please S-E, fucking delay this to 2017: I won't tell the difference anyways, won't encounter spoilers and you'll have even more time to polish the game and enjoy all the shitposting.

Looking for Tabata's phone number rn.
2018 would be preferable. Then they can polish every aspect of it as much as possible AND have it ready for Xbox Scorpio!

Sep 26, 2013
Honestly a 2017 delay seems reasonable to me as long as it's early in the year, though I don't know what sort of problems they're facing that are causing this delay. Two months is just almost nothing in the development time in a Final Fantasy and I have to wonder how much extra they could possibly get done? Hopefully it indicates they want extra time for something like polishing that can be achieved in that time frame.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I think people are confused because of the way these leaks broke and the inconsistencies surrounding it.
  • Why release materials that could be delayed to give correct release dates in them?
  • Why release promo material and a sticker when you could just release promo material with the correct date and not have to create a sticker which is added cost?
  • Why did the leaks not originally mention the stickers and only after images of the display model get posted do we get a follow up instructions that mention the sticker?
It's these sort of things that just confuse people, rumors get debunked then reconfirmed within only a few hours times, so people are just confused. It's not denial, I think people are just really confused as to what's going on. Some people are being fucking ridiculous, but some people are just confused.

I think there are some weird choices being made with this, but ultimately I don't care either way. If the game is delayed, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.
The sticker thing is generally fairly common; large displays take longer to create, ship, approve the creative of etc. It can be easier to approve the creative then use a sticker afterwards to adjust it because stickers can be approved, created and sent quite quickly.

See also: The recent No Man's Sky CEs with the box with the incorrect rating in Europe with a sticker to put the correct rating on, Horizon: Zero Dawn pamphlets in Uncharted 4 boxes showing the original 2016 release when a few weeks after U4's release they'd announce a delay.

Or, TLDR - it's easier to do a 'minor fix' to something large than to do a large fix to something large.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Two months is just almost nothing in the development time in a Final Fantasy and I have to wonder how much extra they could possibly get done? Hopefully it indicates they want extra time for something like polishing that can be achieved in that time frame.
It could be something as "minuscule" as "debuging of X & Y being a week behind schedule" or something like that.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
So, when we'll see whatever material they've prepared for Gamescom? I'm guessing they'll try to lessen the blow with a good enough show (and given how blunt and straightforward Tabata seems to be, I could see him apologizing and further justifying this ordeal).
2018 would be preferable. Then they can polish every aspect of it as much as possible AND have it ready for Xbox Scorpio!
You laugh, but I really meant the 2017 date, it literally won't make a difference to me (well, it actually would: less risk of spoilers and envy!).

Actually, isn't November 29th a reeaaallly late release date for a AAA game? I could see them setting this date not very confidently, almost like feeling forced (pressured) to have the game make it this year, so an early 2017 wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The sticker thing is generally fairly common; large displays take longer to create, ship, approve the creative of etc. It can be easier to approve the creative then use a sticker afterwards to adjust it because stickers can be approved, created and sent quite quickly.
Thanks, I didn't know about that.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Status
Not open for further replies.