FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown

xXShuyaXx

Forest Owl
May 25, 2016
Saban needs to take a chill pill. I understand his pride angle, but PR hasn't been lit for years now.....
There is a movie coming along and a new series (not sure about the series, but the movie for sure).

In terms of actual design, they look different, but they are very similar aesthetically. All you're missing is the pinky.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
edit: but wait, dino and cid and other npcs actually used mobile phones, so i think this inconsistency persists.
Maybe they once went to Insomnia to do some stuff and bought some there.

EDIT: A player noticed that on rare occasions, someone other than Ignis will serve up the food at camp:

Last edited:

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
There is a movie coming along and a new series (not sure about the series, but the movie for sure).
In terms of actual design, they look different, but they are very similar aesthetically. All you're missing is the pinky.
I've seen the movie preview. It actually isn't bad imo. Iris should be the pink ranger, and Cor can be the legendary white ranger lol!

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I honestly rather they created normal looking outfits, instead of these intentionally goofy ones (the Chocobo one, the Mariachi one, these ones...).

I mean, it's not that there a lot of them in-game right now, and the only good looking ones for the main character are obtained very near the end (and still look awful with the hairstyle Noctis has when younger; at least some of the rest's casual outfits look alright, especially Ignis').

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/829082128285446144

"Luna doesn't have a phone. Mobile phones are just used by people from Insomnia. Her & Noct have been using the notebook since childhood."

i guess it's from the last ATR, it makes sense

edit: but wait, dino and cid and other npcs actually used mobile phones, so i think this inconsistency persists.
Cid was from Insomnia, so that could explain him and Cindy having phones. One could argue that Dino, as a former journalist, might have been able to get one while visiting for a story. I don't remember any other NPCs with phones...?

It'd make more sense to just say it was a Lucis thing, though, if only because Iris is able to call Noct from Lestallum, which is very far out from Insomnia and couldn't possibly use the same cell tower. (I guess the phones could be satellite phones?)

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It'd make more sense to just say it was a Lucis thing, though, if only because Iris is able to call Noct from Lestallum, which is very far out from Insomnia and couldn't possibly use the same cell tower. (I guess the phones could be satellite phones?)
Land-line phones can exist too.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Perhaps the Royal Family of Tenebrae would rather communicate by magical dogs rather than have their phone transmissions monitored by the NSA (Niflheim Security Agency).

That'd make calling a plumber or ordering pizza a bit awkward, though.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Land-line phones can exist too.
Yeah, but I think Noct knew the call was from Iris before answering, so it'd have had to have been from her personal phone.

Thinking about it some more... didn't Noct and the bros use the phones in Altissia? I think I'm just going to go with "they're satellite phones."

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Storm I think he means in the main game itself, I don't remember Pepsi showing up in the world of Final Fantasy VII. Those personally I'm fine with a little product placement here and there, as long as it doesn't have anything to do with the plot, because when we reach that point, Final Fantasy is dead to me.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
what makes product placement such a horrible idea?

it's just there, its a basically just a name/logo that you might not even know, and it fits the game which is based on reality, with towns based on real cities and all that.

Last edited: