Console Dissidia Dream Rosters

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Would you prefer a fancy, pseudo-latin name like Theatrythm/Duodecim, or something more simple?

• Total voters

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
All right, so here's the premise. Pretend they've just announced a new Dissidia style game for the PS4, and your dream team of villains and heroes has been confirmed for inclusion.

Da Rules!
  1. You must choose at least one hero and one villain from every numbered Final Fantasy between 1 and 14.
  2. Compilations such as that of VII, X, and XIII need only have one hero and villain from the collection as a whole, and not one from each title.
  3. You don't need to use characters previously chosen for Dissidia games, and if you have an idea for a different fighting style for an existing character go ahead and tell us.
  4. You may choose as many characters from Final Fantasy games as you wish, including unnumbered "side" games.
  5. No more than two characters per title from games outside of Final Fantasy (but still part of Square Enix IPs) including but not limited to Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest, etc.
  6. No characters from outside of Square Enix IPs.
  7. If you have creative ideas for stages or mechanics, do share! If not, no worries. :)

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
The priest from the beginning of Final Fantasy Tactics and the guy behind the counter at the Opera House in Final Fantasy VI.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I think Llednar would make an awesome Dissidia villain, particularly opposite Marche although I could also accept the white-haired girl whose name I seem to be blanking on HARDCORE.

It would also be really cool if, for the XIV hero, you could import your Character Data from A Realm Reborn and the battle style could be changed in the main menu to different classes. The Limit Break-type mechanic would cause them to equip the Job Crystal for their specific class, and in the case of something like Arcanist (which has two jobs), you could manually set which job you changed to in your equip screen OR leave it to random.

I would also really like to see Layle and Amidatelion from Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, and I think the XIII villain would absolutely have to be Caius. It'd also be cool if some side character kids were to be introduced to the game in order to give Onion Knight and Zidane a little more competition. I'm thinking Cara/Krile from FFV, Larsa from FFXII, and Lumina from Lightning Returns.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
Listed in the order: Warriors of Cosmos primary, secondary, warrior(s) of Chaos.
Note that some links lead to spoiler territory.

FFI - Warrior, Sarah (Armed with her lute), Garland
FFII - Firion, Minwu (Soul of Rebirth protagonist), Mateus
FFIII - Luneth, Ingus, Cloud of Darkness, Xande
FFIV - Cecil, Rosa, Golbez, Kain
FFV - Bartz, Faris, Exdeath, Gilgamesh
FFVI - Terra, Locke, Kefka
FFVII - Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth
FFVIII - Squall, Laguna, Ultimecia, Seifer
FFIX - Zidane, Vivi, Kuja
FFX - Tidus, Yuna, Seymour, Jecht
FFXI - Aldo, Prishe, Shadow Lord, Lady Lilith
FFXII - Vaan, Balthier, Gabranth
FFXIII - Lightning, Snow, Galenth (Armed with Menrva)
FFXIV - Louisoix (Circle of Knowing leader), Minfilia (Scions of the Seventh Dawn leader), Nael (FFXIV antagonist), Gaius (FFXIV:ARR antagonist)
FFXV - Noctis, Stella (As a warrior or Cosmos if she's playable in FFXV, or as a warrior of Chaos if she's a boss, else replace her with Ignis)
FFL - Sol, Nacht, Emperor
FF零式 - Ace, Kurasame, Cid

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
I freaked out for a second when I first saw this thread. I basically came up with this ideas... 2 years ago? It's still sitting in my notebook, and it was literally called 'Dream Dissidia' (As in, dream of dissidia, not fantasy dissidia) At least that's what its code name was since I never figured out an actual name for it.

But I'm really glad somebody else is thinking along the same path. I have the stuff still in my notebook, so I'll probably post that stuff later (Whenever I get around to grabbing it). Basically mine was a complete fantasy dissidia, I didn't really limit myself in terms of characters or what not, so there's so many. However the main thing stopping me from developing an outline for it (which I would've liked to do) was the fact I've only played IX - XIV (minus XI). Thus it was hard for me to determine earlier games characters and such.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
Logically, the name for the next entry in the series should be「DISSIDIA 011[undecim] FINAL FANTASY」.
Why would it be that? I get the numbering logic you're using there, but I'm not sure why we want to go down, and given there's only 2 games in the Dissidia Francise it's not much logic to go on since only one of those follows the pattern.

AuroraXIII

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 26, 2013
New Zealand
Why would it be that? I get the numbering logic you're using there, but I'm not sure why we want to go down, and given there's only 2 games in the Dissidia Francise it's not much logic to go on since only one of those follows the pattern.
The original Dissidia was the thirteenth and final battle between Chaos and Cosmos, as the cycle of fighting was repeating until that point. Because of this scenario, the story had already met its conclusion with the first entry in the series. So it would be impossible to write more characters into Dissidia without completely retconning it. Dissidia 012 was a prequel, telling the twelfth conflict, and it detailed the fate of the 'new' characters before the thirteenth cycle.
So with that in mind, the only way to add more characters without creating a new series would be to make another prequel that details their fate before the twelfth cycle. I hope this is what you were asking, I have a feeling I might have missed the point of your question.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
The original Dissidia was the thirteenth and final battle between Chaos and Cosmos, as the cycle of fighting was repeating until that point. Because of this scenario, the story had already met its conclusion with the first entry in the series. So it would be impossible to write more characters into Dissidia without completely retconning it. Dissidia 012 was a prequel, telling the twelfth conflict, and it detailed the fate of the 'new' characters before the thirteenth cycle.
So with that in mind, the only way to add more characters without creating a new series would be to make another prequel that details their fate before the twelfth cycle. I hope this is what you were asking, I have a feeling I might have missed the point of your question.
No, that's what I meant. I'm sorry it being a bit difficult of a question.

And that does make sense, however, I don't know if I would exactly mind it being retconned. Although, to be frankly honest, I never played the original Dissidia, only duodecim so I've never exactly considered the story aspect of it. (And yes, it means I never had a plot for my idea either. Just mechanics and characters, that sort of stuff.) Without playing that, I can't really say what it would take for it to be retconned, or how that would play out. Thus I can't give a solid opinion on it.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I do like some of those roster ideas. As for the name, I have a feeling if they were to switch over to to consoles they'd probably abandon their previous naming structure and go with a brand new canon. Or somehow rig up an explanation for the fighting to continue even after the end of the thirteenth cycle.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I do like some of those roster ideas. As for the name, I have a feeling if they were to switch over to to consoles they'd probably abandon their previous naming structure and go with a brand new canon. Or somehow rig up an explanation for the fighting to continue even after the end of the thirteenth cycle.
They should go for a new cannon. Those 'cycles' were pretty gimmicky if you ask me. Better to star off fresh with some ideas that actually make more sense.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
I mean, as long as they don't come up with some BS plot like P4 arena (which I only like because of P3 characters grown up.), I'm fine with a new canon. I'd have to sit, really think, to come up with anything though. Because the whole 'taken from their home world, forgets everything and has to fight' is generally the only thing that's popping out to me. There'd have to be an entirely new spin on it for it to work.

gosh darn it I'm going to have to think about this now

They should go for a new cannon. Those 'cycles' were pretty gimmicky if you ask me. Better to star off fresh with some ideas that actually make more sense.
Yeah, I mean, I guess I wouldn't mind if they expanded on it more. I mean, I'd really like more cosmology information on the world/universe/existence? with that it'd be much easier to retconn it. I totally did not realize I still the idea of 'cycles' for my own project from duodecim until now oops But as it stands, I can't think of much more to do with the current canon.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I think with how many of the Final Fantasy games deal with some sort of void or other world, it'd be easy to have there be some kind of world between all of these universes that the characters could fall into without divine intervention. I think it would be interesting if perhaps there was a tower or temple that had a door that would take you back to where you belong. However, it would only open at certain times and only so many people could enter before it closed up again. Perhaps the heroes and villains would be fighting for control of that temple in preparation for the door opening again.

I think whatever happens, though, the games will always have to use some form of interdimensional travel or whatever. There's just no way around it that makes any sense.

Maz loa

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 2, 2013
Hello everyone. Here is my dream roster for a new much overdue Dissidia. Keep all the old gang plus:
I- Sarah, Chaos(not feral), Bahamut
II- Minwu, Leon(Dark Knight)
III- Ingus, Xande, Unei
IV - Rydia(adult),Yang, Rubicante
V - Faris, Boko, Ghido, Enuo
VI -Edgar, Celes, Shadow(with Interceptor), Ultros
VII- Red XIII, Aerith, Barret, Reno & Rude,
VIII-Seifer, Quistis, Edea, Adel
IX - Vivi, Freya, Beatrix, Garland
X - Lulu, Auron, Kimahri, Seymour
XI - Selh'teus, Eald'narche
XII - Balthier & Fran, Cid
XIII- Sazh, Fang, Jihl

Storm2356

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 4, 2013
World B
If there's one thing I wish they had in Dissidia and Duodecim, it's a practice mode. Sure, I can get away with beating up a low level Gabranth, but I can't very well practice with HP attacks without having him killed on the spot most of the time. My dream Dissidia would at least include that, everything else needs more thinking, which I'll be back to do later.

Last edited:

NRool

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 10, 2013
Gravesend, Kent
I'm gonna have to go with Fang, Faris and Freya as my dream characters.
I know we already have a pure Dragoon, but two more less Aerial Dragoons wouldn't hurt right?

I honestly can see a Vita Dissidia happening in the future, the first two were insanely popular and shifted so many PSP's it's unreal.
Perhaps "Dissidia 014: Seq" which if Google translate is anything to go by, is Dissidia 014: The Next Chapter"