Digimon thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

twa556

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Dec 30, 2015
I love Digimon so much, it was my favorite cartoon as a kid. Tri was probably my favorite movie of 2015, was almost exactly what I wanted. I have Cyber Slueth preordered to, though I'm considering changing to the Vita version.
Also about the death battle, honestly any decent mega-level digimon could wipe the entire species of Pokemon off the map. That's not me being a fan boy, I really feel those are the facts.

May 26, 2014
I have Cyber Slueth preordered to, though I'm considering changing to the Vita version.
Nice. I'm going to get Cyber Sleuth as well, though I'm actually not too familiar with the Digimon games. Not sure whether or not I'll enjoy Cyber Sleuth, but I guess I'll take the plunge anyway. Hope I don't get burned.

May 26, 2014
Cyber Sleuth is out TODAY! I told myself not to get it until the weekend, but it's probably only a matter of hours before I cave and download it.

May 26, 2014
Get it. It's awesome. Story is so good. I don't regret paying full price one bit.
Already on chapter 7 ;)
between 7 and 8 actually, since you don't go right from one to the next.

THE GOOD
- Digivolving/devolving, stat building, choosing a party, etc. is borderline addicting.
- Several running cases keep things interesting! Can't wait to see how all the different mysteries are brought together.
- For some reason I'm really liking the characters. There's nothing too special about any of them, but somehow they just click.
- Save anywhere!

THE BAD
- Game is far too easy, even on hard difficulty.
- That said, I have died on some of the bosses, which, thankfully, provide some challenge. Too bad there's no way to skip cutscenes.
- No English voices :(

THE UGLY
- The Digimon models look great, but somehow it seems like they put A LOT of care and effort into Numemon...

Anyway, I just found out you need 20 ABI for megas. Looks like I'll have to devolve my ultimates... I also found out that Gatomon can completely break eater battles. Its special attack deals fixed 150 damage, which usually isn't that great, but against an eater it's like half the HP meter.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Crunchyroll also announced on Wednesday that Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), the second installment in the Digimon Adventure tri. film series will launch on Friday, March 11 at 11:00 a.m. EST.

The stream will be available in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritania, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Northern Cyprus, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

Via AnimeNewsNetaork.com

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I am REALLY Disliking how Crunchyroll is handling the streaming. Breaking the OVA in 4 parts just breaks the pacing of the feature, even worse, they don´t cut where it would be fitting from a storytelling perspective, they just cut in the exact point where they can have their desired 25min mark.

May 26, 2014
I hope the next five films maintain the level of quality, though I'm guessing I'll judge the next one (whenever it comes out) a little more harshly than I did this one since I'll be done squealing like a fan girl by then... or maybe I won't be.
Nope, still not done squealing. Just watched Determination and it was amazing!

- Animation and style were obviously pretty much the same. The animation ranged from pretty good to pretty janky, but I really liked how they did the backgrounds in the scene where Joe and Mimi talk by that river.

- I really got into the story around the middle and definitely near the end.
Dunno why I thought Leomon might survive this one. But crap, the way they handled it was pretty unexpected! I'm interested to see how everything is connected to Meicoomon, and it's very obvious that Himekawa knows a lot more than she wants everyone else to think she knows. Right when Leomon dies you can see her smile for a split second...

- New Kaiser and Hackmon creeping around was actually very unnerving! In fact, the handling of the very end of the film was (surprisingly!) highly creepy/discomforting, which was fantastic. Totally thought New Digimon Kaiser/Emperor would be Joe though... lol. Turns out it's just Ken(?) I dunno, that's just so obvious... There has to be a bigger twist waiting there. Though Imperialdramon was there, so... I really don't know.

- Anyway, despite how much I loved the later parts of the film, the first bit didn't do much to draw me in. I guess it was ok though. The hot springs part didn't last too long. Could've done without all the "hilarious" anime shenanigans too, but I did like some of the more "cute" scenes with the Digimon, like Gomamon cooking (instant noodles, lol), Leomon chaperoning, Gabumon taking off his pelt, and Matt wondering how Gabumon did in the costume contest, War Game reference (Matt's grandma not having a computer), and more.

- As for the Digimon themselves: Meicoomon's voice is annoying. I think I kinda got used to it by the end though.

- Having to wait practically two full movies for Gomamon to get an evolution sequence was completely worth it. Gomamon and Palmon getting megas was great and I can't wait to see the other Digimons' mega forms.

- The battle with Imperialdramon was fairly obviously meant to evoke War Game, with all the kids sitting around watching it and just the space where it takes place. That's not to say that it rivaled War Game in any sense, or to say that it even came close, but hey, War Game is one of the best things ever to come out of the Digimon franchise, so I'm not complaining if they attempt to mime it slightly.

- Speaking of the weird digital space, I wonder if they'll go to the Digital World at all in the next four movies.

- Joe though. That physically hurt, especially when I remembered that his crest is reliability. I'm glad he came around, though I can't help but think that there was some sort of ironic subliminal message in his speech telling adult viewers to grow up and stop liking Digimon.

- This one was as much about Meiko as it was Mimi and Joe. She still isn't terribly interesting, but at least we learned a little more about her. What I really want to know is how she and Meicoomon really met. The Himekawa/Nishijima dynamic (and the Nishijima/kids dynamic) is turning out to be quite interesting, and I'm curious to see where it goes from here, especially if Himekawa turns out to be a villain.

- Was it just me, or did Taichi's voice sound kinda different compared to the first one?

- Teenage Wolves > World on the Knife > Knife of Day. I hope he changes the band name every chapter so I can keep a running ranking.

I am REALLY Disliking how Crunchyroll is handling the streaming. Breaking the OVA in 4 parts just breaks the pacing of the feature, even worse, they don´t cut where it would be fitting from a storytelling perspective, they just cut in the exact point where they can have their desired 25min mark.
I agree with you, but it was way better here than it was in Reunion. In fact, part 2 of Determination actually ends in a pretty good place story-wise. EDIT: What bothered me more was "Orgemon" (seriously Crunchyroll?) and "Oh my love" in the theme song when it's supposed to be "On my love." (I'll admit the latter's a bit nitpicky.)

Anywho, I think I'm very pleased with the way Tri is going so far. Can't wait until September 24th!

Last edited: