Digimon thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
May 26, 2014
Official Digimon Adventure Tri OVA 3 poster.
Dang! Hercules Kabuterimon looking cooler than ever. And Meicoomon (or is that an evolved form?) looks absolutely frightening! Patamon isn't evolved like the others have been on this poster and the last one, so I wonder what that means. Sure would be a kick in the nuts if Patamon died again. But then there was that teaser trailer... So I dunno, but I'm excited. The end of September is going to be good with this and Final Fantasy :) It makes sense that this one is going to focus on T.K. since he's done the least of any of them so far. I'm going to guess that Izzy will play a somewhat smaller role than T.K. will (since I feel like Izzy has gotten a fair bit of screentime in both films so far), though obviously there's going to be a battle between H. Kabuterimon and Meicoomon.

So far the characters' stories seem to have to do with the subversion of their crests. Tai (courage) is now a coward and Joe (reliability/sincerity) is now a no-show excuse-maker. The exception is Mimi, but then again her original crest never made any sense to begin with (wth is "purity" supposed to be anyway?)

Anywho, if the trend continues, Izzy (knowledge) should... turn out to be dumb? We've already seen that he's still really smart. He's interested in fashion (and girls) now, so maybe that'll have something to do with his character arc. Maybe he's only pretending to care about clothes so he can stop looking like such a nerd? T.K. (hope) should be an interesting one...

Also for Aprils Fools Team Four Star did an Abbridge of Our War Game movie
Saban already made an abridged version of Our War Game 15 years ago. ;)

May 26, 2014
How unexpected and surreal. I know he had cancer, but I still was not prepared for this news. It's so hard to believe that he's gone. Thank you and rest in peace.

May 26, 2014

The new Digimon (err... Appmon) look good/decent. Gatchmon (red cap guy) looks the best. Now the protagonist on the other hand...

There's also a fusion aspect like in Xros Wars, but I'm guessing this series is gonna keep it a bit more simple.

Seems like it's a sister series/sub-series to the standard Digimon shows, cause there's already a Digimon named Hackmon (who's in Tri and Cyber Sleuth actually). Guess that would explain the "Digimon Universe" header while "Appmon" is the main part of the title. Also looks like they're ditching the traditional type/attribute setup in favor of something new.

New anime comes out in October. I'll watch it just because I'll watch anything Digimon-related, but it probably won't be very good. But hey, can't be any worse than Hunters, right? Right? Please let it not be as bad as Hunters...

What do you guys think? Anyone interested in this?