FFXV discussion thread [No Spoilers]

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Random question and I'm not sure if there was any hint of it in the Kingsglaive movie or the game.

Did it ever reveal whether Regis knew that
Ardyn was the Accursed?

I mean he and Luna knew what was coming since they're both heavily invested into the lore and prophecy of Eos. So if anyone knew what Ardyn truly was, it would be the both of them wouldn't it?

For Luna, it kinda hints that she knows with her line after Ardyn stabs her, but for Regis, in Kingsglaive, I couldn't tell whether he knew or not :/

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Random question and I'm not sure if there was any hint of it in the Kingsglaive movie or the game.

Ardyn was the Accursed?

I mean he and Luna knew what was coming since they're both heavily invested into the lore and prophecy of Eos. So if anyone knew what Ardyn truly was, it would be the both of them wouldn't it?

For Luna, it kinda hints that she knows with her line after Ardyn stabs her, but for Regis, in Kingsglaive, I couldn't tell whether he knew or not :/
I doubt he knew. If so, I'm sure his reaction would have probably been different.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina

Ardyn was the Accursed?

About that, my interpretation/theory is that...
Regis was aware of the existence of the fallen Lucian King that prevented the starcourge thousands years ago.

Whether he knew said former king was Ardyn is never clear in the movie though.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I doubt he knew. If so, I'm sure his reaction would have probably been different.
That's true.

Regis just seemed annoyed that the Chancellor rocked up to the Citadel with zero consequences, not fearful or anxious at meeting the Accursed who would be responsible for his sons sacrifice.

How odd that Regis doesn't know. Perhaps Ardyn being erased from history has got to do with it. I dunno.

About that, my interpretation/theory is that...
Regis was aware of the existence of the fallen Lucian King that prevented the starcourge thousands years ago.

Whether he knew said former king was Ardyn is never clear in the movie though.
Yeah I think so too.

Hope this gets explained. It's strange for someone that heavily involved to not know.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
That's true.

Regis just seemed annoyed that the Chancellor rocked up to the Citadel with zero consequences, not fearful or anxious at meeting the Accursed who would be responsible for his sons sacrifice.

How odd that Regis doesn't know. Perhaps Ardyn being erased from history has got to do with it. I dunno.
If you recall, Ardyn did go under a different last name for a good amount of time. Imo, Regis' knowledge stopped at knowing what the empire was up to, hence why he tried to take some precaution toward the situation.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
Those damn fish.

On one of my first deep-sea fishing trips, I had a fish on my line. It went slack for a few seconds before it started pulling much harder than before. When we pulled it out, I had caught half a king mackerel. The other half was attached to a barracuda.

We couldn't cut that line fast enough. Fantasy based on reality indeed.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
A question for those who are intersted in talking about the battle system.

Your thoughts on this if you could. So I picked up and played the game again to do the timed quest after a long hiatus cuz I've been playing Persona 5.

Could be me being out of practice but is anyone else having an issue with the block maneouvre?

I swear I pressed the block button way in advance when doing the timed quest but still got knocked down.

Anyone else having this issue? I admit being out of practice may play a part, but Noctis's non responsiveness to my blocking was an issue.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I remember even Kajata bypassing regular phasing when rolling.

Did you use a shield?
I didn't no.

It was when the Tyreant was doing a tail whip kinda move and, when I knew it was coming I stopped what I was doing and held the block button.

Noctis still ate dirt or fell on his ass though.

It was during that battle that I knew how disruptive the new "slow down when a party member reaches critical HP" can get. Happened a lot lol

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Are you sure it isn't phasing simply not dodging through certain attacks? Since that is a weakness for the block mechanic.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I don't recall having block/phase issues with the newer hunts. I do think they did something to the camera that makes it quite a bit better, but that could easily be wishful thinking.

The biggest hurdle I'm facing is that I'm trying to climb everything after playing BOTW.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Are you sure it isn't phasing simply not dodging through certain attacks? Since that is a weakness for the block mechanic.
Not sure. I'll have to give it another go during the next hunt to know for sure.

I don't recall having block/phase issues with the newer hunts. I do think they did something to the camera that makes it quite a bit better, but that could easily be wishful thinking.

The biggest hurdle I'm facing is that I'm trying to climb everything after playing BOTW.
I feel ya.

I'm going through the same thing after playing BOTW too lol