But yea, maybe its so far off because they are expanding Altissia? There's so many unused assets in that area. Really hoping their gamescom stuff has to do with expanding the map and story in certain areas.
That's understandable, but I'm not going to knock out the chance of both coming out in the same month. Imo, it would make some sense since some people are going to be doing holiday shopping around that time.
Speaking about multiplayer, while I was doing my FFXV total replies research, I came across this 2 years and 5 months old thread (I forgot it even existed!) with something interesting, Tabata and BD2 seen to have considered and planned the multiplayer far earlier than we might have though.
Really hope the comrades DLC is similar to what the rumor's were saying about making the area of NIflheim more exploreable and allowing the multiplayer section to be there. They call it an expansion, so what better way to expand the game with new areas, hunts, quests, etc.
Holes in the story
1. How was Drautos able to lead both the Niflheim and Lucian armies? Unexplained.
2. Why is there not a single mention of Luna being an Oracle in Kingsglaive? Unexplained.
3. Why is Luna apparently not able to use magic in Kingsglaive, and yet, in the game, which takes place at the same time, she is able to use magic with and without her trident?
4. What is the actual reason behind the method of communication between Noctis and Luna? It's not like Noctis is hiding from the Empire, considering that there are dropships coming at him every 5 seconds! And why can't Umbra just teleport him to Luna?
5. If Gentiana loves humanity and is the protector of House Fleuret, where the hell was she during all of Kingsglaive and during the Leviathan fight?
6. I'd just like to point out that it bothers me that the game relied on the party's insane naivete, carelessness, and stupidity in order to get them to follow along with Ardyn's plans again and again and again and again.
7. Gladio: hey, Noct I gotta go. Bye!
Noct: ok see u!!! Not gonna question it, just like everything else that happens to me!
then when they're both wearing their space suits
Gladio: tee hee... nice to meet you
Noctis: nice to meet you
8. Camelia: ok, evacuate Altissia before Luna summons Leviathan.
*Luna gives speech*
*Empire comes in 3 seconds later*
*Luna summons Leviathan immediately afterwards*
You're gonna tell me Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis magically evacuated all of Altissia in what is probably less than a couple hours? If even that?
9. Anyone wanna try making any sense of the scene where Niflheim soldiers point their guns at Luna and she shoves them aside? Or can we just say that Tabata wanted to use this idea that he came up with during pre-release to prove that Luna is strong? And couldn't come up with anything that made sense but still wanted to include the scene anyways?
10. Anyone wanna try explaining how the Vesperpool is underwater and not underwater at the same time? How are the party members breathing?
11. Shoddy writing: Ardyn is responsible for absolutely everything and can do everything without getting caught. No background checks, no one keeping track of anyone, nothing! Ardyn can also manipulate time, and regenerate his body parts, and teleport pretty much anywhere, and do anything, because why not?
12. Gods: we hate Ardyn. We need you to defeat him. We don't want him to win. BTW you still need to arbitrarily follow our rule of dying even though that means Ardyn will win.
Regis before the game: ugh... the line of Lucis will end... definitely shouldn't try alleviating this by having my son procreate or anything.
13. When the Regalia is taken away:
Crew: we feel wrong using a car other than the Regalia... so even though the entire world's fate rests on our shoulders and the Empire is destroying everything, let's travel on foot as opposed to using a temporary car, until we find the Regalia, which is conveniently placed in some random military base.
14. Why did Noctis have visions for only Titan and then nothing else?