FFXV Episode DLC and Story Update Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Episode Gladio shouldn't have been DLC anyway or at the very least where it takes place in the story, the episode gladio as is should have been included in the game, as it gives more screentime to Cor, and development for Gladio. If they were going to do episode DLC, it should have been during the Dark World 10 year timeskip, hell I think that for all of the characters, because those things aren't essential to the story line, but I can say everything that was off-screen was, and very essential. If they did DLC episodes during the 10 year timeskip it would have fit more naturally into the story, because that was during a time where Noctis was fast asleep.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I was thinking something about the future multiplayer DLC, do you think some kind of PvP would work in this mode?
Just a random thought that came to my mind.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm quite curious as to what the content and length of Episode Prompto and Ignis will be.

It's been long established by Tabata that Ep Gladio was gonna focus on gameplay mostly and won't have much of an impact of the story.

However the upcoming 2 DLC's may be quite different compared to Gladio, with more focus on story, and thus playtime/duration. So I'm quite happy with that we got for Gladio.

Final Trial with Cor, and learning more about Cor was worth it to me, mainly cuz I don't really care that much for Gladio to begin with even though I do like him.

Just a guess but, Ep Ignis may be the longest episode with the most content since they didn't announce the release date yet. Probably want to really take their time with it and not rush.

I'm not gonna use Ep Gladio as an estimate for what the upcoming episodes are going to be like, especially after it was announced they're gonna be more story focused, so that's a point of major different already.

And let's not forget gameplay too.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I'm quite curious as to what the content and length of Episode Prompto and Ignis will be.

It's been long established by Tabata that Ep Gladio was gonna focus on gameplay mostly and won't have much of an impact of the story.

However the upcoming 2 DLC's may be quite different compared to Gladio, with more focus on story, and thus playtime/duration. So I'm quite happy with that we got for Gladio.

Final Trial with Cor, and learning more about Cor was worth it to me, mainly cuz I don't really care that much for Gladio to begin with even though I do like him.

Just a guess but, Ep Ignis may be the longest episode with the most content since they didn't announce the release date yet. Probably want to really take their time with it and not rush.

I'm not gonna use Ep Gladio as an estimate for what the upcoming episodes are going to be like, especially after it was announced they're gonna be more story focused, so that's a point of major different already.

And let's not forget gameplay too.

>Probably want to really take their time with it and not rush.

Maybe they should have done that with the game

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
To everyone here:

• What would be your ideal lenght/scope of the other two Episode DLCs? (Story and Gameplay aspects)
This tends to be (from my perspective) the most contested aspect of any game among the (hardcore) gamers.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
5-10 hours from start to finish, with lots of story explanations and cutscenes.

Cutscenes and story are more important to me than gameplay. I'm alright with sitting back and watching a story unfold before picking up the controller again.

Granted I've never invested in dlc before so I don't know what the industry average is for length and duration.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
well they mentioned something about multiple routes in the dlcs (the question is which one will feature that).

i think anything like 4 to 5 hours would be ideal, and with lots of collectibles that you can use in the main game.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
To everyone here:

• What would be your ideal lenght/scope of the other two Episode DLCs? (Story and Gameplay aspects)
This tends to be (from my perspective) the most contested aspect of any game among the (hardcore) gamers.
Length and scope are important, but I also personally like to factor in replay value. If say a DLC episode is 5 hours long and I only play it once, it wouldn't be much different from me playing a 2.5 hour DLC 2x as long as I enjoyed the content enough.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Awesome. Now have a go at the Final Trial and let us know how that goes ;)
Gracias. It's in the video if you need proof. I was able to do that fight without items, but it took many tries though...and many failures. I ate dirt so many times QQ.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Gracias. It's in the video if you need proof. I was able to do that fight without items, but it took many tries though...and many failures. I ate dirt so many times QQ.
Ah so it is. Saw the thumbnail and thought you only finished the story.

'Twas a great battle indeed. My fav fight thus far. Yeah he was a bitch to take down, the feeling of triumph afterwards was so satisfying!

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Ah so it is. Saw the thumbnail and thought you only finished the story.

'Twas a great battle indeed. My fav fight thus far. Yeah he was a bitch to take down, the feeling of triumph afterwards was so satisfying!
Truth be told, I can't pick one or the other for my number 3 spot. For me it's
1. Aranea
2. Ifrit
3. Gilgamesh & Cor tied

Still, a fully satisfying fight I enjoyed ^-^.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
In case anyone missed the parry animation in the fight with Cor. It's a rare trigger to occur so thought I'd share it here just in case someone hasn't seen it.

Gladio must be proud to have been able to knock someone like Cor on his ass lol

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It's been awhile so thought I'd update this thread for upcoming discussions on the soon to be released Episode Prompto.

Here's what we know so far:

• DLC will be approx 2 hours long for the main campaign
  • side quests will be available so total play time may be longer than 2 hours depending on your play style
  • there will be multiple areas available in the game - snowy areas and the Niflheim base (could be more but don't know yet)
  • combat features both close range and long range TPS
Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited for this DLC. The story is looking interested judging from the trailer and I hope that the final product delivers on this excitement.

My only concern is that they don't rush this DLC. The trailer makes it look like there is sooo much to deliver with so much to do, but I'm thinking how will all of this fit into 2 hours without each scenario being rushed?

Here's the trailer for it:

Last edited:

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
My only concern is that they don't rush this DLC. The trailer makes it look like there is sooo much to deliver with so much to do, but I'm thinking how will all of this fit into 2 hours without each scenario being rushed?
This is an understandable concern. I do feel they did take out the time to not rush this given how they worked on Episode Gladio prior to this episode. Who knows, maybe both episodes were being worked on at the same time. Ideally it would be cool if the side quests provide more information than what would be given just focusing on the main campaign. We'll find out soon enough either way.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
This is an understandable concern. I do feel they did take out the time to not rush this given how they worked on Episode Gladio prior to this episode. Who knows, maybe both episodes were being worked on at the same time. Ideally it would be cool if the side quests provide more information than what would be given just focusing on the main campaign. We'll find out soon enough either way.
I think it's likely they worked on both at the same time, with Gladio having priority at the beginning stages since it was going to be released first.

They did show a teaser for Prompto at the end of Ep. Gladio. and that's where I got the reasoning for it, but that's just my take on it.

The reason why the dlc being rushed Is a concern for me is because the cutscenes and scenario presentation thus far haven't been well directed. They're literally over in a flash.

There's not really enough time to let the moment sink in before they quickly move on.

The story elusions in the trailer look like they could lead to very memorable and iconic moments, not to mention this would be the first major story update post release.

If they don't get this one right, they're gonna lose a LOT of fans because this is Square's chance to prove to the people who stuck around believing that they're going to get a good story they can deliver.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
It does help that Episode Prompto is at least putting more focus on character development, though I can understand that the narrative can influence how much confidence players would have towards the developers on that category.