FFXV : On Luna's Location

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Trinity

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 2, 2016
Hello, everyone. : ^ ) This is my first real post around here, so please, do bear with me and my mistakes.
I've been reading all avaible info I could come across regarding FFXV, and there's a lot of nice tidbits, some footage, VS comparisons and solid speculation. But there's a point, or rather, a combo of circunstances I haven't seen anyone posting about. It's been bugging me for a while, so I decided to register and start taking part in discussions here, and was hoping you all could help clarify/sort out.

Spoilers for FFXV released teasers/media/demos and some slight speculation down! Just in case. : 0

Following some of the stuff we have from Lunafreya up to now,

- We know Noctis and his entourage depart from Imsonia amidst the peace talks in order to reach Accordo, where he is supposed to marry his childhood acquintance, Lady Luna. He's the prince of Lucis, she's the Oracle of Imperial-Ocuppied Tenebrae. Ok.
- Imperial Invasion happens. Regis is supposedly in a pinch, specially if the Backstabbing Brother theory proves true.
- Luna and Noctis are reported dead by the radio news. Obviously, that's not what really went down - he's a wanted man and imperial troops are ordered to kill him on-sight. And Luna turns out to be in Altissia.

- Thing is, we see her getting out of the ruins of the Imsonia, not looking very good, but making it out alive. That raises my first question : if Noctis is departing the kingdom so as to meet his bride in the (neutral?) grounds of Accordo, what is Luna doing in the place of his departure? She's supposedly meant to be getting ready to marry and meet him there.

Now, that's not hard to think out : she might've been aware of Idola's true intetions and got herself in the middle of the mess, to aid Noctis/Regis in some way. Which means, she's reported dead, due to the fact that, just like Noctis, she's better of like that in imperial interest. A traitor made a casualty of war.

Please, bear with me so you more eloquent and clever gamers can help me get this right.

- Next we know of her, she's in Altissia and managed to get in touch with Noctis, telling him she's holding onto something for him. Very well, many have said she's got the royal ring and plans to pass it on to him. There's the TGS video where people say she's holding said ring in the Altissia room, and makes a decisive nod, full with resolve. Now, that would mean she's either in league with Regis during the invasion, or she somehow failed to be of more help, but at least secured the ring so it would not fall into the hands of the Empire.

- In the Dawn 2.0 Trailer, she's seen in supposedly the same room, now surrounded by imperial troops at gunpoint. We also got some gameplay of stuff getting nasty in Accordo, with Leviathan wrecking havoc and imperial ships all around. So we suppose that's a point where Idola forces Luna's hand to do something only she can, seeing as she pushes them aside and they seem cautious and imposing, but not hostile or meant to shoot-her-on-sight, like they would Noctis.

The big question I raise, after getting this little timeline of events for you to think about, is :

Luna being the Oracle, her powers are useful, and she's beloved by all nations, beyond political powerstruggles and warmongering. It's said Tenebrae even enjoys some sense of self-rule and small sovereignty thanks to her presence there.
So, they could always blame her death on Lucii loyalists to avoid the bad rep, but doesn't Luna significantly endangers her people's well being and her duties regarding the Plague by siding with Noctis and boldly betraying Idola? I mean, there is the Tenebrae Blonde White-Hooded-Man ( her sibling, as some have said?), so he may prevent the Emperor's brutal backlash on the citzens of their nation, but still, doesn't that put Luna in a very tough spot in all of this struggle? What could she be up to, considering the chances of her dying on Imsonia, juding by her ragged looks when getting out of the mess?

It's also said that Luna will be a party member at some point - and there's Gentiana to consider in all this treason-aftermath-runaway-undercover-hostage-bride situation. What do you guys make of her part in the plot, given all this? Is it still too little info to make sense of this chain of scenes we've seen?

I apologize for the speculative part of this. Still, I did to try keep it grounded on what Tabata said or the scenes have shown. Thank you for taking the time to read! : ) Surely you have some nice ideas or questions of your own, regarding the trailers, too.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Welcome to the forums! I saw your original introduction post a while back but never responded in it.

I was ready to write up a reply a few times now, but I honestly think that you have thought about it far more than I have. I originally thought I had something more meaningful to say, but looking at what you presented here, I haven't taken in a lot of the newer information we've gotten to formulate anything better than what I had once before.

I think it's possible the reason why she was in Lucis was to speak to Regis though. This was my original idea behind why she was there. She is marrying his son, the prince and the next in line to the Lucis royal line. I believe that she may have gone to Lucis to speak with Regis since he cannot leave his Kingdom.

It's also possible that she is used in some manor for the purposes of the peace treaty and gets caught up in this plan. They know that Luna is powerful so they can use Luna's death by Lucian hands as a cover up as most nations already are alienated from them, it wouldn't be impossible for the other nations to believe this. Luna escape though, and of course as you mention they would report her dead anyway perhaps.

I don't really know, it's hard to say. It's very interesting to think about, that's for sure.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Hey, welcome to the forums.
Interesting thoughts, just one small correction.
- We know Noctis and his entourage depart from Imsonia amidst the peace talks in order to reach Accordo, where he is supposed to marry his childhood acquintance, Lady Luna. He's the prince of Lucis, she's the Oracle of Imperial-Ocuppied Tenebrae. Ok.
Noctis is supposed to go to Tenebrae and not to Accordo at the beginning of the game. ;) However some time after the invasion in Insomnia he gets (somehow) contacted by Luna that she's now waiting in Altissia to give him sth. (most likely the ring).
The interesting thing is that the other guys were surprised that Luna was still alive when Noctis told them that(TGS 2014). So Noctis must've been contacted by Luna in some special/ supernatural way and my guess is that one of the dogs delivered the message to him.

Last edited:

Trinity

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 2, 2016
Hey, welcome to the forums.
Interesting thoughts, just one small correction.

Noctis is supposed to go to Tenebrae and not to Accordo at the beginning of the game. ;) However some time after the invasion in Insomnia he gets (somehow) contacted by Luna that she's now waiting in Altissia to give him sth. (most likely the ring).
The interesting thing is that the other guys were surprised that Luna was still alive when Noctis told them that(TGS 2014). So Noctis must've been contacted by Luna in some special/ supernatural way and my guess is that one of the dogs delivered the message to him.
Oh, wow. Thanks for pointing that out! I guess it was my misreading of the Tabata interview, then. Where did you get the Tenebrae thing from? I might've skipped a source or something. Say, if Luna was supposed to be at her home, then her sneaking out is simultaneously made easier and harder.... she would have supporters for an escapade, but would also be bound to a place where, well, she's exactly expected and supposed to be @, if that makes any sense. Any missing brides would be easily noticeable, if Tenebrae isn't a short trip to make.
Oh, wow. Doesn't that make everything much more puzzling.
But a dog traveling the land to deliver a message seems a rather cute and epic concept, haha.
Canine Courier to the rescue!