Final Fantasy Versus XV Megathread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
@Storm Careful, you'll upset the loyal shills who swore to Etro's grave that Nomura's magical Versus would have been the Citizen Kane of video games. /s

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I've read the "leak" of what the story for Versus would've been (it's somewhere in this thread I think).

Honestly speaking? Only the first game sounded good. The 2nd and especially the last one didn't sound good at all.

The ending was... pretty bad tbh.

Execution for FFXV was a problem yes, but I prefer the story and overall concept for this than Versus.

Ardyn being an immortal King who swore vengeance against his line and winning in the end is an infitnitely better ending than getting absorbed into Etro... yeah that was weird to read :|

Last edited:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
I've read the "leak" of what the story for Versus would've been (it's somewhere in this thread I think).

Honestly speaking? Only the first game sounded good. The 2nd and especially the last one didn't sound good at all.

The ending was... pretty bad tbh.

Execution for FFXV was a problem yes, but I prefer the story and overall concept for this than Versus.

Ardyn being an immortal King who swore vengeance against his line and winning in the end is an infitnitely better ending than getting absorbed into Etro... yeah that was weird to read :|
The "leak" might have been completely fake. I dont trust it. We really don't know for sure what the versus story was. The story in XV imo is alright but it was grossly incomplete.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
The "leak" might have been completely fake. I dont trust it. We really don't know for sure what the versus story was. The story in XV imo is alright but it was grossly incomplete.
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if it was fake hence why I put it in "".

Still interesting to read nonetheless.

Yeah I'm gonna wait it out. I honestly don't know what's gonna happen with the story updates at this point.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
This does incidentally line up with some established facts we already knew, such as Tabata leading the creation of the 2013 Insomnia citadel prototype build and him saying it was the first thing he was tasked with doing for XV when he joined as co-director in 2012. And the fact that it clearly looked to play different than 2011 Versus did, only reusing some animations, the entire HUD was different from 2011 Versus too. If versus was so good they wouldn't have changed it, but they did.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
This is new. When did this come about? I didn't know Versus wasn't pleasing the people in the pre-production phase. Maybe those rumors about Nomura holding a grudge are true after all...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
I don't see why he'd hold a grudge when current FFXV has more in common with E3 2013 gameplay wise (even with differences) than Versus XIII, and Nomura was still there during that year with Tabata until December.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
If versus was so good they wouldn't have changed it, but they did.
I could write a long paragraph explaining why they didnt go with Nomuras vision. But it mostly had to do with Square not giving Nomura resources at the time he was making it. Kicking him out cause he was taking too long whilst square was mostly at fault for making his team work on ff13 and 14 instead. Then when Tabata came in Nomuras project was too ambitions so they had to put on a new writer to crunch down and change the story so it would be easier to make cause the deadline for a 2016 release was coming quick. Not so much about versus being bad was the reason that they changed it but that they never let Nomura fully tell the story he was going to tell.

I don't see why he'd hold a grudge when current FFXV has more in common with E3 2013 gameplay wise (even with differences) than Versus XIII, and Nomura was still there during that year with Tabata until December.
The e3 trailer was probably part of Nomuras vision. We hardly saw any Versus stuff at all only stuff from early game in the early days. Yes the e3 trailer resembles stuff from xv. But that because XV does have some concepts from versus. The dissidia writer took the versus story(nojimas script) and streamlined it, condensed it and changed it drastically, but stuff like the Altissia invasion was going to be in Versus as well.

This is new. When did this come about? I didn't know Versus wasn't pleasing the people in the pre-production phase. Maybe those rumors about Nomura holding a grudge are true after all...
Im sure he holds a grudge just like I said in my first response,square never allowed him to finish his game. I bet hes very angry about that.

Last edited: