Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
Personally, I wouldn't be averse to them creating a sequel at some point, which delved deeper into the lore and brought in a female main protagonist. As a companion... an old and burdened Gladiolus would be ideal...

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
@Ilazy

Square Enix skipped attending PSX days before that anon even made that post about VII:R, going by publisher/dev attendees listed. You don't present info while sinkig your credibility at the same time with something as blatantly false as that during the release date of the game.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Interesting.

However in terms of priorities it would make far more sense to complete FFXV.

That is a far more pressing and realistic goal to set for the team than a brand new project.

Finish what you start before starting something new I say.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
lol guys stop it. The "XV Versus" rumor is probably the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time.

There's absolutely no way, 0% chance, that Square is gonna do sth. like that.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I believe it may have been discussed at Square-Enix at some point. I highly doubt it will see the light of day, however. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when the existing development team has been adamant about perfecting the current version of XV to the best of their abilities. Let's not also forget that Square-Enix is likely spread thin with VIII:R and Kingdom Hearts III. This Versus XV just doesn't make any sense to pursue from where the company is at in this current place and time. Plus, I would rather Square-Enix move on to something new and fresh. We've all been invested in this game for far too long. It's time for the fans and the company to move forward into modern frontiers.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
lol

“If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create,” the developer wrote, according to SqEx.info‘s translation.

the way he says here implies it's how it goes all the time when developing a game, not that this was a thing of the moment.
there's ppl that uses anger as a form of motivation, maybe he was pissed off about versus but this here says nothing, he knows more than anyone here that changes in developments happens.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Direct quote from the article.

When I think about it, I had an explosive mindset when I made the first Kingdom Hearts as well.

Thus when I look back at all the material, I feel that fever again."

This article, in particular the headline, is a very good example of the media purposely wording things to make people think a certain way about a situation. In other words, the article is trying to manipulate people's thoughts and opinions regarding the issue at hand.

The headline is trying to make people talk about Tabata vs Nomura, but in the article he's talking about his mindset when directing games.

Also look at the timing of the article. The media knows that FFXV is still a hot topic, they know about Nomura being kicked off the project, and they know about fans feuding over "Tabata vs Nomura".

They've capitalised on all these factors and saw the opportunity to draw clicks to their website. It doesn't take a genius to see this unless you're intentionally deluding yourself to seeing only what you want to see. Try being objective.

Also that closing sentence says it's all... I mean why even mention that unless you wanna cause shit?

Media outlets have been stirring trouble, spreading false information and trying to cause shit since forever.

I think it's time for people to learn not to always believe everything the media says as fact and truth.

Last edited: