Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
That was a business move. They needed to push out games in order to maintain profits. The sequels to XIII were of little consequence financially since the budget and team were minimized and game assets were reused aplenty. Square-Enix isn't in that place anymore as their financial and management positions have changed. So the comparison you're making is silly and illogical.
Sounds like the same thing will happen with this Versus XV, in fact it even goes to the point of saying we are not too sure if we'll use Stella or Luna.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
All I really need to say on my opinion of this supposed Versus XV is that it better not just simply be Final Fantasy XV Nomura Edition in that it's only one game but instead its Versus XIII based if they are going to do this they better commit to it and I mean.
A Trilogy an entire Trilogy, because if it's just FFXV Nomura Edition I might not even pick it up.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Also knowing Square they will probably do Final Fantasy XVI, if this Versus XV rumor is true and if it's a trilogy. Im thinking after Part 1 of Versus XV, they will announce XVI, Versus XV-2, X-3, and a release date for either Part 2 or Part 3 of the FF7 Remake.

I just hope this they actually have a release date for FFXVI instead of the dreadful now in development. A lot of FFXVs disappointment for some people comes from announcing it too soon.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
All I really need to say on my opinion of this supposed Versus XV is that it better not just simply be Final Fantasy XV Nomura Edition in that it's only one game but instead its Versus XIII based if they are going to do this they better commit to it and I mean.
A Trilogy an entire Trilogy, because if it's just FFXV Nomura Edition I might not even pick it up.
Ehm..Are you really serious or just trolling? SE not in that condition where, they can handle 6 games at once...Heck they werent even back in 2006-2013. They still suffering from changes in development. What they need to do to stand still, in my opinion, during this-next year they must to finish everything with XV and make GOTY Edition, show in this year gameplay+trailer of VIIR - part I and release in the beginning of th next year, ()(_+_()8 finish KH3 - even so havent played and dont like it. Only after this, they can and should working under XVI.

A lot of FFXVs disappointment for some people comes from announcing it too soon.
I wouldnt call it a main reason..Disappoinment from this game we can split into two categories: new comers and veterans. Nd the main source of this cry goes from veterans, which isnt surprise at all. Nd their cry in most of forums i have seen is...wtf..

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Ehm..Are you really serious or just trolling? SE not in that condition where, they can handle 6 games at once...Heck they werent even back in 2006-2013. They still suffering from changes in development. What they need to do to stand still, in my opinion, during this-next year they must to finish everything with XV and make GOTY Edition, show in this year gameplay+trailer of VIIR - part I and release in the beginning of th next year, ()(_+_()8 finish KH3 - even so havent played and dont like it. Only after this, they can and should working under XVI.

I wouldnt call it a main reason..Disappoinment from this game we can split into two categories: new comers and veterans. Nd the main source of this cry goes from veterans, which isnt surprise at all. Nd their cry in most of forums i have seen is...wtf..
During the time when Nomura was still doing FFXV in 2013, he confirmed that the game would have multiple direct sequels here I'll pull it up.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/final-fantasy-xv-will-have-multiple-direct-sequels So I'm not trolling here
"As for as how it will be released, we’ll announce that later on; however, having you wait a long while for a next title isn’t something we would desire…" he replied.
While Final Fantasy XV will have one climax, as a story, we plan to continue it further
These words are from Nomura himself.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Nomura is no longer the director of XV. So that statement means nothing now. Moreover...

Uh... I hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what people (mainly Nomura fanboys) want. Have you been posting this entire time thinking otherwise?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Nomura is no longer the director of XV. So that statement means nothing now. Moreover...

Uh... I hate to break it to you, but that's exactly what people (mainly Nomura fanboys) want. Have you been posting this entire time thinking otherwise?
Nope, in fact I actually gave my own personal requirements for me to even get be ok with a Versus XV happening one of them being a trilogy, I'm very aware that crazy Nomura fanboys want FFXV Nomura Edition, and that can't realistically happen, the only realistic thing that could cause a Versus XV to be green lit is if they can make multiple games out of it(along with the standard charge 60 bones for it, and add DLC and a season pass on top), not just simply one game, that would actually be detrimental since if anything it would make FFXV look like an inferior product a Versus XV trilogy could be seen as an expansion of the FFXV universe in ways that Kingslaive and Brotherhood couldn't, but one singular title simply dubbed Final Fantasy Versus XV is quite frankly not worth pursing.

In fact anyone who advocates for a singular title FFXV Nomura Edition, doesn't actually know the original Versus vision which had multiple games planned, before Tabata came about and condensed it into one game, and used Kingslaive and Brotherhood to alleviate the need to which I say didn't really succeed in doing so, if people still want a sequel, granted I would wager the reason might have been cost, and Square not being too sure how Nomura's concept would sell. Which is probably why they greenlit, FFVII Remake being multipart(using FFXIII's blue prints so I think it's safe to assume the FF7 Remake will be a trilogy), and decided to condense FFXV into one game.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Ilazy, that is legitimately the worst source you've ever provided on this forum, its less an actual source but more so speculative bunk.

He most certainly meant 2016 PSX. The "oh but it probably got changed to next year" excuse isn't going to cut it, especially when that thread was days before the actual PSX event.

Absolutely fucking hyped for his work on TLOU part 2. Just hope the absense of Bruce Straley won't affect the quality too much.
Oh yeah it's very likely the guy's a fake, but I wouldn't be suprised if there were talks internally about Square going to PSX, maybe days before they decided not to show anything.

Alekzan

ShinRa SOLDIER
Jan 7, 2017
During the time when Nomura was still doing FFXV in 2013, he confirmed that the game would have multiple direct sequels here I'll pull it up.
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/final-fantasy-xv-will-have-multiple-direct-sequels So I'm not trolling here
sry but for me,it seems that you are trolling..especially me in first of all. i know about nomura's sequels, that was the one of the reasons when i stopped keeping an eye about versus\xv. And second, to make things clear, when i wrote trolling, i meant you, who writing all this naive thoughts about sequels, versus, reboots and nomura's ihts. Really, there must be a line between naive thoughts\dreams and reality.
SE isnt in that condition, where they can make sequel after sequel for main part..Not after Lighting Trilogy and fail with XIV, and not after what is going on with XV. I dont even mention their devolopment issues. They just started to getting up on their legs after all this madness, and only god knows how it will ends. Its good that you and others similiar to you are hyping about future of ff, but, hey...Dont fly far away into space.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
sry but for me,it seems that you are trolling..especially me in first of all. i know about nomura's sequels, that was the one of the reasons when i stopped keeping an eye about versus\xv. And second, to make things clear, when i wrote trolling, i meant you, who writing all this naive thoughts about sequels, versus, reboots and nomura's ihts. Really, there must be a line between naive thoughts\dreams and reality.
SE isnt in that condition, where they can make sequel after sequel for main part..Not after Lighting Trilogy and fail with XIV, and not after what is going on with XV. I dont even mention their devolopment issues. They just started to getting up on their legs after all this madness, and only god knows how it will ends. Its good that you and others similiar to you are hyping about future of ff, but, hey...Dont fly far away into space.
I would agree, if the FFVII Remake wasn't a multipart series, Square obviously can make sequels to games, if they couldn't the FF7 Remake would just be a Graphics and gameplay update to FF7 a title Nomura is directing. Hell I considering this
Two days after the game's official release Square Enix announces Final Fantasy XV has topped 5 million in worldwide shipment and it is the fastest-selling title from the series. It is the first Final Fantasy game to have a worldwide simultaneous release, and it also broke the record for most first-day digital sales in Japan. Ir saw a new record for the total of release date shipment and downloads in Asian regions excluding Japan. Retail and digital stales continue to perform favorably in all regions
Not to mention that a XV-2 or Versus XV will be using pre-existing assets and probably creating some new ones, which would reduce development time and money, as well as working off a franchise FFXV that has proven to be successful, as opposed to moving onto a XVI just right after XV, granted they could probably do both if they wanted to, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.
No my trilogy thoughts, and everything else no it isn't based upon thin air it's based upon Square's actions, as well as promises from the original director himself. If they didn't mean to have a trilogy originally I wouldn't have stated it.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
I think that I have an idea for a sequel to FFXV if Square Enix really wants to milk 3 more games out of FFXV without doing a prequel, please bear with me, I would be terrified if they tried this.

This will take place between the time Noct defeats Ardyn in the soul of the star, and Luna and Noctis sitting on the Throne, they could easily say 1000 years past from that so the Chocobros could be dead, as well as any of the important side characters, and main characters, so rebirthing them in a new world as well wouldn't be a stretch.

Have a fal'Cie or Etro reincarnate Noctis and his friends into the world of Versus XV(Think of Eos except more tied to the FNC) as a test to make Noctis into a protector a Eos watching over his people or to find Etro's gate don't worry it will end with the Chocobros defeating the fal'Cie, and going into the afterlife to watch over Eos. So he has no memories of his past life in the original Eos, as he's been reincarnated, but he still has the same personality, same powers just different history(Stella or Luna doesn't matter relationship doesn't matter, his relationship with the Chocobros will stay the same though as well as their roles as a brotherhood just with somewhat different circumstances), he's still the prince, his father is still Regis who is still the King, but the Lucian people worship Etro as their goddess. The king is killed during the negotiations with the Niflhelm Empire, the Chocobros have to fight out of the citadel. They go on a roadtrip to retrieve their stolen Crystal, then it ends in them fighting a fal'Cie, Etro, and Etro enhanced Ardyn, or fal'Cie enhanced Ardyn, or (Oh GOD I Hope this isn't the case(Bhunivelze(I threw up in my mouth a little I hate this villain so much he's so whiny) I'd rather it be his mother honestly or better yet Chaos Garland that would be the tits man.

All this will take place over a trilogy of 3 full 40 hour main story line with several hours of side quests games , and will end with Noctis and Luna on the throne of Lucis watching over Eos as protectors with each of the Chocobros sitting on the other chairs.

Directed by Tetsuya Nomura, I suspect Tabata will be busy with a New IP, or Type-Next.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
We might be getting something of this in a few more hours (im expecting it will atleast be mentioned at the big 30th anniversary event) then maybe go more in depth at Nomuras section at the ATR.