Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
That is something that isn't going to happen game wise, which I am okay with at this point. XV did get a CGI film and short anime to create a three pillar experience. Rather that starts becoming standard really just depends on how future new mainline games turn out.
Kinglsiave was just meh, and the Anime doesn't take the place of what would have been a true trilogy, apparently the last game was suppose to be entirely the dark world, that would have been cool. I want that if a Versus XV can happen, make it so, make that trilogy happen.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Kinglsiave was just meh, and the Anime doesn't take the place of what would have been a true trilogy, apparently the last game was suppose to be entirely the dark world, that would have been cool. I want that if a Versus XV can happen, make it so, make that trilogy happen.
Unlike FFXIII, FFXV doesn't have any spin off universes to work with. I can't speak for everybody, but I am sure after 10 years of waiting I'd like to personally move on to the next big thing once FFXV wraps up all the updates. I'd rather see KHIII and FFVII:R part 1 come out in a reasonable time frame.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Unlike FFXIII, FFXV doesn't have any spin off universes to work with. I can't speak for everybody, but I am sure after 10 years of waiting I'd like to personally move on to the next big thing once FFXV wraps up all the updates. I'd rather see KHIII and FFVII:R part 1 come out in a reasonable time frame.
Me I would be a little more willing to move on, if the updates didn't seem like a necessity, and I had full confidence that they would be of quality, honestly FFXIII didn't need that trilogy and should've ended after the first game, FFXV clearly needed it honestly. I think that hey if Versus XV can happen, then yeah I would agree after KH3, and that FF7 Remake Part 1. Me I just want it before a Final Fantasy XVI, because if this is how they deliver FFXV I dread to see what they do with XVI.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015

Fully anticipating those two titles for the rest of the current generation.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Me I would be a little more willing to move on, if the updates didn't seem like a necessity, and I had full confidence that they would be of quality, honestly FFXIII didn't need that trilogy and should've ended after the first game, FFXV clearly needed it honestly. I think that hey if Versus XV can happen, then yeah I would agree after KH3, and that FF7 Remake Part 1. Me I just want it before a Final Fantasy XVI, because if this is how they deliver FFXV I dread to see what they do with XVI.
Understandable. I do want to point something out. Even in the event that Versus XV (or whatever they'd call it) became a reality, there's no promise it would make things better for you. There's no promise you'd be satisfied with that product either. What would you do then?

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Understandable. I do want to point something out. Even in the event that Versus XV (or whatever they'd call it) became a reality, there's no promise it would make things better for you. There's no promise you'd be satisfied with that product either. What would you do then?
Then I simply do what I usually do if a company fails me so spectacularly, it will probably the last thing I buy from them that is if it's even remotely decent, if it's a trainwreck like Final Fantasy XIII(it's a meh game at best), then well FF7 Remake(all parts), Type-Next(if it happens), Kingdom Hearts games, X-3(if it happens), the original FFXV, Dissidia Final Fantasy once they hit Steam(it can happen at anytime doesn't matter when) I'll be done with Square as an entire company and move on to other places where I can get JRPGs on Steam as well as Western RPGs, and play other genres of games that I don't usually play. If an entire Final Fantasy Versus XV trilogy manages to fail spectacularly, because remember Final Fantasy XV wasn't meant to be a singular release. It was suppose to be multiple games like the FF7 Remake then I'd be done with Square Enix as a company unless Final Fantasy XVI has spectacular critical acclaim that rivals games like Final Fantasy VI, VII, and X then I'm done, because it seems pretty clear they haven't learnt a thing, they announce things way too early before they are even ready to ship them.

Honestly I'm fine with FFXV as a game, it's great, but feels like it should have been it's own release entirely, nothing to do with Versus XIII, and I'm very much tired of games having gameplay that looks awesome in the trailers, and barely looks like that on release. It's annoying and should really stop, change things behind the scenes, not in the full view of the public.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The PS5 probably won't be here till 2026 at this rate, hell they might dump generations entirely and go for their current console iteration models, so you know what make a Versus XV Trilogy(That encompasses the entire plot of Final Fantasy Versus XIII) make it seem like a sequel to Final Fantasy XV, make Final Fantasy Type-Next, and Final Fantasy X-3
Put them all on Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Then for a launch title of the PlayStation 5, after years of extensive planning and Luminous Engine testing, FINAL FANTASY XVI coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Two, Super Nintendo Switch, and Steam

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
This is one of those to each their own kind of things. I have no problem with how summons operate in FFXV.
I feel like a mix of Kingdom Hearts with FFXV when it comes to the summon system is in order:Shiva, Leviathan, Bahamut, Ifrit, Titan and Ramuh sure the summons should have requirements, or a cooldown time so it's more balanced who you summon. For smaller summons like Carbuncle something like Kingdom Hearts summon it MP goes away, and have warp energy be it's own gauge.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
I feel like a mix of Kingdom Hearts with FFXV when it comes to the summon system is in order:Shiva, Leviathan, Bahamut, Ifrit, Titan and Ramuh sure the summons should have requirements, or a cooldown time so it's more balanced who you summon. For smaller summons like Carbuncle something like Kingdom Hearts summon it MP goes away, and have warp energy be it's own gauge.
I don't believe Carbuncle is usable on normal, and Ifrit for lore reasons is not going to be usable anyway. There may still indeed be a cooldown already set in line for the summons in FFXV, but they do operate on their own accord which is something that I like.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
There may still indeed be a cooldown already set in line for the summons in FFXV, but they do operate on their own accord which is something that I like.
Agreed. The summons in this game are Gods after all. They have a mind and personality of their own.

So it makes sense that summoning them is a rare occurrence that happens on their terms, not yours. It makes sense logically too.

They're not Pokémon, to be called forth at the convenience of a mere human and ordered to attack at will lol