Final Fantasy Versus XV?!?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
You know looking at some of the Versus XIII/XV 2013 stuff some of could actually serve as a basis for FFXV-2, XV-3, and a XV-4
My premise for a sequel: Ifrit comes back from the dead, bargains with the other gods that created Eos to resurrect the dead and place them in a new world, reborn to find Etro's gate using the power of the King of Kings and the Oracle. The main cast would have no memories of their original lives, and Noctis would get some flashes, and could also be why Noctis' heart wont let go of Stella. Might be a good way to explain the whole war of the gods thing, maybe use some ideas from the Pitoss Revelation or whatever about Ifrit getting revenge on the Astrals giving him a motivation to do what he does.
(Explaining the running in the fields scene with Noctis)

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
You know looking at some of the Versus XIII/XV 2013 stuff some of could actually serve as a basis for FFXV-2, XV-3, and a XV-4
My premise for a sequel: Ifrit comes back from the dead, bargains with the other gods that created Eos to resurrect the dead and place them in a new world, reborn to find Etro's gate using the power of the King of Kings and the Oracle. The main cast would have no memories of their original lives, and Noctis would get some flashes, and could also be why Noctis' heart wont let go of Stella. Might be a good way to explain the whole war of the gods thing, maybe use some ideas from the Pitoss Revelation or whatever about Ifrit getting revenge on the Astrals giving him a motivation to do what he does.
(Explaining the running in the fields scene with Noctis)
The new world thing very recently got done with LR. I'm just throwing that out there sir/ma'am.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
The new world thing very recently got done with LR. I'm just throwing that out there sir/ma'am.
I mean have a story in a new world, not what Lightning Returns did where the new world was just a plot point, saved for the end. I mean this new world would have some weight to it, tying back to FFXV's Luna and Noctis on the throne ending, it will just be used to tell the story of the mysterious gods that left, and Ifrit.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
I mean have a story in a new world, not what Lightning Returns did where the new world was just a plot point, saved for the end. I mean this new world would have some weight to it, tying back to FFXV's Luna and Noctis on the throne ending, it will just be used to tell the story of the mysterious gods that left, and Ifrit.
Making a new world with the same characters in it would be worse than just going completely AU. XIII-2 and LR would have been better served by a full reset, and I'd argue the same would be true of what you're talking about.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Making a new world with the same characters in it would be worse than just going completely AU. XIII-2 and LR would have been better served by a full reset, and I'd argue the same would be true of what you're talking about.
New World, but it would be the same universe, the only difference between the two would just be Etro, Eidolons, and these mysterious gods that helped create the world being revealed, and Ifrit would have a much better motivation(If the Pitoss Theory has any truth to it) for what he did.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
New World, but it would be the same universe, the only difference between the two would just be Etro, Eidolons, and these mysterious gods that helped create the world being revealed, and Ifrit would have a much better motivation(If the Pitoss Theory has any truth to it) for what he did.
It's all the same to me, really. Massive lore retcons that feel like an excuse to turn an existing setting into something else entirely never really sit right with me. I didn't like it with XIII-2 and LR, and I wouldn't like it here.

I'd be thrilled to see what became of Etro in FFXV's lore, but I'd want it to remain within the bounds of FFXV's lore rather than acting as an excuse to switch to FNC lore. Otherwise, it'd be better off as an "Elseworld."

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
It's all the same to me, really. Massive lore retcons that feel like an excuse to turn an existing setting into something else entirely never really sit right with me. I didn't like it with XIII-2 and LR, and I wouldn't like it here.

I'd be thrilled to see what became of Etro in FFXV's lore, but I'd want it to remain within the bounds of FFXV's lore rather than acting as an excuse to switch to FNC lore. Otherwise, it'd be better off as an "Elseworld."
Honestly it depends on how well they write the two games you mentioned just suffered from bad writing in general. Oh my idea is within the bounds of the FFXV lore, it just focuses on the gods more on how they are probably outside the bounds of the earth of FFXV

It's really just using this line
"Mysterious beings create Eos. The astrals participate in the world's creation and become gods themselves"
"The mysterious beings retreated from the world, while the Astrals would remain - in future years, they would become recognized as a race of their own, with their own language and agendas, and a wish to protect the natural world"

It's really just fleshing out these mysterious beings that fled, and using these mysterious beings as something related to the FNC like fal'Cie or something.

It's really this:
The Astrals would remain the same, The Mysterious beings that are clearly outside the earth of FFXV would appear, Etro would be seen, and events of earth's history would be somewhat different, the lore of the gods would be expanded upon, but the earth would be somewhat different.

Ikkin

Warrior of Light
Oct 30, 2016
Honestly it depends on how well they write the two games you mentioned just suffered from bad writing in general. Oh my idea is within the bounds of the FFXV lore, it just focuses on the gods more on how they are probably outside the bounds of the earth of FFXV

It's really just using this line
"Mysterious beings create Eos. The astrals participate in the world's creation and become gods themselves"
"The mysterious beings retreated from the world, while the Astrals would remain - in future years, they would become recognized as a race of their own, with their own language and agendas, and a wish to protect the natural world"

It's really just fleshing out these mysterious beings that fled, and using these mysterious beings as something related to the FNC like fal'Cie or something.

It's really this:
The Astrals would remain the same, The Mysterious beings that are clearly outside the earth of FFXV would appear, Etro would be seen, and events of earth's history would be somewhat different, the lore of the gods would be expanded upon, but the earth would be somewhat different.
That in and of itself wouldn't necessarily be a problem, I agree.
(I kind of like the idea that Pitioss tells the story of a goddess who died, was taken to the underworld, and interfered in the flow of human spirits much like Etro and a demon who brought about a calamity to open the gate and follow after her.)
The issue is using that sort of lore expansion as an excuse to play out the events of Versus XIII in spite of their complete irrelevance to XV as it now exists.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
That in and of itself wouldn't necessarily be a problem, I agree.
(I kind of like the idea that Pitioss tells the story of a goddess who died, was taken to the underworld, and interfered in the flow of human spirits much like Etro and a demon who brought about a calamity to open the gate and follow after her.)
The issue is using that sort of lore expansion as an excuse to play out the events of Versus XIII in spite of their complete irrelevance to XV as it now exists.
Well Versus dealt with Etro, so one of those mysterious beings could very well be Etro, or someone with a relation to Etro. Maybe that mysterious being is either looking for Etro, and maybe needs to use the power of the King of Kings said to be greater than the Astrals, and the power of the Oracle. Maybe they needed to recreate the population as a back up plan, so if Noct and Luna/Stella(Pick the name it doesn't matter) fail then they can proceed to do a bloody sacrifice of the entire human populace and call it a day(Type-0 ideas).

In fact you could probably have Chaos Garland be the one that wants to find Etro, and have Ifrit working with him which is why he has Chaos' fucking throne.

The Mysterious beings part is so vague, you could practically fit the entirety of the FNC deities in there, you could easily say why they came back, and you could easily set it in between Noctis purging the Scourge, and him and Luna sitting on the throne, because the time-lapse is very unknown 150 years would be enough.

Last edited:

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
it's like is news that development changes happens

vagrant story (one of the best PS1 games) had 50% of the story and a second playable character cut and i'm not even mad.

ffvii concept began as a detective story in a new york inspired city.

xenogears had a rushed 2nd disc

the list goes on; ppl need to move on and stop pretending nomura would make a incredible story when he have advent children and KHs convoluted story in his back.
Well shit luckily Versus XV isn't like fixing Xenogears rushed disc it's more like XV-2 using Versus XIII part 1's scenario and gameplay elements.