Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
I'll play the remake nonetheless. Some of my favorite games are on episodic fashion (specially those from Telltale games), though none of them are RPG. However, I can see Nomura's hand on this. He wanted Versus XIII to be episodic in the beggining (or so I understand), so it's not so weird for this to be happening to this Final Fantasy Versus VII :p

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I'll play the remake nonetheless. Some of my favorite games are on episodic fashion (specially those from Telltale games), though none of them are RPG. However, I can see Nomura's hand on this. He wanted Versus XIII to be episodic in the beggining (or so I understand), so it's not so weird for this to be happening to this Final Fantasy Versus VII :p
He wanted to do something akin to Compilation of FFVII with XV.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Square really needs to be extremely specific when they let these kind of details loose. Comments section are blowing up all over the internet right now and lots of people are already pissed and writing the game off. I'm not exactly happy, either.

It would be great if the game is seriously so huge that they really do have to split it up due to file size, but somehow I highly doubt that, as fantastic as it would be. I'm gonna chill for now but they better have a good friggin reason behind this.

May 26, 2014
I just pray he doesn't make the Remake a musical.
*shivers*
What I wouldn't give for a Final Fantasy VII musical. :p

Anyway, an episodic format may not be so bad. It could be quite interesting. Like most longer stories, VII is very clearly broken up into parts anyway, and there are some very obvious scenes on which a "part" could end.

Details are pretty vague right now, but for all you impatient folk this could mean that the game (or at least part 1) will release sooner rather than later.

Though come to think of it this does raise questions regarding distribution (digital/retail) and perhaps price point as well.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Square really needs to be extremely specific when they let these kind of details loose.
This.

This isn't something you just casually drop and hope no one will notice. It's raised a ton of questions. It's natural for people to get cheesed off at this, since it isn't what we were expecting in the slightest, based on the two trailers and info they'd shown so far. This came out of nowhere.

Whilst it could be for good intentions, such as getting the first part out of the door earlier, and prioritising each part as they go, this has me slightly concerned about linearity. It really depends how big the "parts" are, but if it's episodic, surely the focus would be on streamlining things a bit to focus on story. Would we still have that freedom to explore the world map or drive/fly around the world to visit any town when we want? Maybe things open up in "part 3," whereas previous ones will be more linear.

Can only speculate until we get more concrete info, but the handling of this pretty important detail isn't very clever. I hope it's for the good of the game, but it makes me wonder about how we go about purchasing a full physical copy on day one, collector's editions, etc. I guess the idea is that these actually will be entirely separate disc releases, so they would have to be pretty big parts to do that. See? Too many questions. Hope this is cleared up very soon.