Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Re: pacing.

Another thing that could break or not the pacing in the Remake is the travelling outside of the towns/dungeons and how much you (or can´t) move within the world and the scale of the world. First of all we don´t how they will handle the world scale but it clearly won´t be like in the past but will be something of the scale of games like The Witcher 3/GTAV:

Problem: There would be a lot of "empty" space between each town/dungeon (if they go very hard on having everything in a real correct scale), where you could only walk in straight line to next town/dungeon while randomly fighting enemies on your way throught.

Possible Solution N°1: Having some sort of vehicle right of the bat before you meet Cid and have access to the Highwind.
Possbile Solution N°2: Skip completely the travel between towns/dungeons, replace it something like the characters instantly teleporting there and show them travelling only in cutscenes.

young hug.

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 6, 2015
houston.
oglite.com
Re: pacing.

Another thing that could break or not the pacing in the Remake is the travelling outside of the towns/dungeons and how much you (or can´t) move within the world and the scale of the world. First of all we don´t how they will handle the world scale but it clearly won´t be like in the past but will be something of the scale of games like The Witcher 3/GTAV:

Problem: There would be a lot of "empty" space between each town/dungeon (if they go very hard on having everything in a real correct scale), where you could only walk in straight line to next town/dungeon while randomly fighting enemies on your way throught.

Possible Solution N°1: Having some sort of vehicle right of the bat before you meet Cid and have access to the Highwind.
Possbile Solution N°2: Skip completely the travel between towns/dungeons, replace it something like the characters instantly teleporting there and show them travelling only in cutscenes.

having monsters out on the field is ideal. if you're teleporting from place to place, you'll never be given a chance to run into yuffie. or even deal with whatever the fuck was in the grassland/swamp area when you first left midgar. with games like ff7R you gotta push the boundaries of the new system.

Rockstar first released GTAV on PS3 and Xbox360. literally pushed those systems to the brink. I wouldn't say square is being lazy, but they can cut out the excuses. just my opinion.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
having monsters out on the field is ideal. if you're teleporting from place to place, you'll never be given a chance to run into yuffie. or even deal with whatever the fuck was in the grassland/swamp area when you first left midgar. with games like ff7R you gotta push the boundaries of the new system.

Rockstar first released GTAV on PS3 and Xbox360. literally pushed those systems to the brink. I wouldn't say square is being lazy, but they can cut out the excuses. just my opinion.
RE Yuffie, she's almost certainly going to be an enforced party member with an encounter with her built into the story, as this was the plan for both her and Vincent in the original FF7. They ran out of time and scaled back their involvement in the story, but they didn't want to throw away all the work they'd already done, particularly on Wutai, which was an entire town designed around Yuffie's character, so they made them optional characters you could stumble across. I'm sure they'll both be integrated into the plot and will no longer be chance encounters in the remake; it's a chance for them to enforce their original vision at last.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
In that case, very much looking forward to see what they do with Yuffie and how much more involvement she gets. I feel like there has to be more of a reason for her to fight in one of the biggest battles in the planet's history other than just wanting to bag materia out of it. Most other characters have pretty strong reasons, including Vincent, but Yuffie definitely did feel like she was thrown in for the sake of having an extra party member. If they put more focus on the battle of Wutai, would help to showcase her reason to fight.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
From NC's Twitter: https://twitter.com/nova_crystallis
Final Fantasy VII Remake's main scenario will be bigger with a stronger connection to the Compilation. We'll see more on Jessie, Biggs etc.
(I'm guessing this could be an indication of where the first part would finish...)
The FF7R team has an idea of how many parts the final version will be but it's too early to announce right now. No comment on online either.
Using Unreal Engine 4, the FF7R team is getting some assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with development.
The voice cast for the Japanese version will probably be similar to Advent Children.
BTW, do you think we'll get new things this week (Jump Festa) or is it going to be the same trailer? I'm expecting nothing, tbh.

Edit: beaten :eek:

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Japan has already got the PSX gameplay trailer (in Japanese no less) ever since it was first revealed at the event. I think it would be absolutely pointless to show it again. At the very least, if it's the same trailer, I'm expecting new shots of the game..... If it's not the same trailer.... Well then, let's see how that goes.
Yeah, you're right in that one. I don't know, I think they probably could give a couple of interviews (although they've already given them this week, no?) and release a couple of screenshots. Then probably nothing until E3?

I might be feeling too optimistic, but I actually think that they're considerably more advanced in development than one would have thought at first, especially with this whole episodic thing.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
i don't understand why games don't come with multiple discs anymore. that would solve the problem.

you can get as much data as you would need on each disc. but for the cash grab, i feel it.
(...) I wouldn't say square is being lazy, but they can cut out the excuses. just my opinion.
  1. Maybe because that would inflate the production cost of the game ? Maybe the project will have a big invesment that long years of development being put on a single release wouldn´t be enough to break even or make profit and a multi part series is their way to solving it. After all Square-Enix is NOT a charity organization, they are a bussines company.
  2. Their excuse is very justifiable, just look at the past.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I read somewhere about it being, for a lack of a better term, too much data so they're dropping it in episodes like 13.
That's not really the reasoning at all for the multiple episodes. If each part is going to be a fully featured and full length title, then it's not really an "excuse" to create multiple parts.

1. Maybe because that would inflate the production cost of the game ? Maybe the project will have a big invesment that long years of development being put on a single release wouldn´t be enough to break even or make profit and a multi part series is their way to solving it. After Square-Enix is NOT a charity organization, they are a bussines company.
  2. Their excuse is very justifiable, just look at the past.
I agree with these points.

Personally I wont buy It until its all out and in one big collection for an affordable price
We'll see about that... One of the big selling points for these individual games is going to be that they will come out earlier than waiting for some complete collection, so unless you don't care at all about the game and just want to play it at some point to say you did it, you'll more than likely get the part when it comes out just like everyone else.

The ATB Gauge (final name pending) and the limit break system are different. It can’t be shown yet, but it’ll change depending to the player’s fighting style.
This sounds a lot like the BBS system that some people compared it to and it's sounding more like it with this bit of information.

The presence of guard is still undecided.
I doubt they will even keep it in, it seems pointless.

Sep 26, 2013
Is this list legit? It doesn't look like an actual news article, just a post on IGN's wiki...
EDIT: Ah I see this was actually featured on IGN's front page, and that they list all the SE titles as unconfirmed.

dissasterrific

fal'Cie Goddess
Administrator
Site Staff
Mar 6, 2016
cosmos
I highly doubt it will make any appearance, maybe at most a mention or a recap... Didn't they say that 2016 is a year of preparation for the game? The way I understood that statement we won't be getting any new material this year.

Sep 26, 2013
I definitely agree. It seems way too soon. I'd expect this E3 to be all about XV with maybe a glimpse of KHIII if I'm being extremely optimistic.