Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BladeRunner

SOLDIER, First Class
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Speaking with the magazine, Nomura notes 2017 marks the 20-year anniversary of the original Final Fantasy VII so they’d like to plan something. First thing’s first though: we’ll have to wait until the crowded release period of games such as World of Final Fantasy and other projects calm down a bit before the information ban can be lifted.
Oh gee, I wonder what other projects he's talking about.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Do you guys think that its possible for more FFVIIR news to come out before KH3 news? Like, KH3 news is delayed till after 2.8, but WoFF and the other project are gonna be out before December so I mean they could make it to like Jump Festa or whatever game conventions happen after December?

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
The wording seems to have been done in order to avoid saying "FF XV", but since it's plural, I could see it referring to 2.8 as well. Did 2.8 delay also delay KHIII news or we know nothing about that?

I would love for this to show up again during PSX, but I wouldn't really count on it :/ I could see some event next year, what with the whole anniversary thing. I really want to see how the rest of the characters look and how they're tackling the world map and if there's going to be backtracking at all.

Also, "information ban": good ol' (and poor, since he can't do much about it) Nomura. This really reminds me of Versus days.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Yeah it could def mean more than XV, its just that its Nomura saying it that's why its like "Haha he means XV".

I'm not sure if the 2.8 delay delayed the release of KH3 news, cause its still technically coming out in Winter, but Nomura did say in an interview that the next KH3 news comes after 2.8

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I was recently thinking, what´s the posibility of Nomura not sticking with the VIIR until the end and someone else finishing the project?
Back in October 2014 Nomura said he has projects that will occupy him until 2019, granted this could have changed as Nomura joined the VIIR project around the time FFVII for PS4 was announced (December 2014).
Who knows. At this point we don't even know if it will be a current gen game. I mean of course it was announced as "first on PS4", but that doesn't mean anything. I mean, look at FFXV. We waited a whole console generation, and it's still not going to be released before Sony's mid gen PS4 Pro. With Microsoft releasing the Scorpio next year I doubt it will be too much longer after until Sony announces the PS5 to try and stay one step ahead. If Square Enix even sniffs new hardware they'll be all over it.