Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Speaking with the magazine, Nomura notes 2017 marks the 20-year anniversary of the original Final Fantasy VII so they’d like to plan something. First thing’s first though: we’ll have to wait until the crowded release period of games such as World of Final Fantasy and other projects calm down a bit before the information ban can be lifted.
Oh gee, I wonder what other projects he's talking about.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Do you guys think that its possible for more FFVIIR news to come out before KH3 news? Like, KH3 news is delayed till after 2.8, but WoFF and the other project are gonna be out before December so I mean they could make it to like Jump Festa or whatever game conventions happen after December?

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
The wording seems to have been done in order to avoid saying "FF XV", but since it's plural, I could see it referring to 2.8 as well. Did 2.8 delay also delay KHIII news or we know nothing about that?

I would love for this to show up again during PSX, but I wouldn't really count on it :/ I could see some event next year, what with the whole anniversary thing. I really want to see how the rest of the characters look and how they're tackling the world map and if there's going to be backtracking at all.

Also, "information ban": good ol' (and poor, since he can't do much about it) Nomura. This really reminds me of Versus days.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Yeah it could def mean more than XV, its just that its Nomura saying it that's why its like "Haha he means XV".

I'm not sure if the 2.8 delay delayed the release of KH3 news, cause its still technically coming out in Winter, but Nomura did say in an interview that the next KH3 news comes after 2.8

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I was recently thinking, what´s the posibility of Nomura not sticking with the VIIR until the end and someone else finishing the project?
Back in October 2014 Nomura said he has projects that will occupy him until 2019, granted this could have changed as Nomura joined the VIIR project around the time FFVII for PS4 was announced (December 2014).
Who knows. At this point we don't even know if it will be a current gen game. I mean of course it was announced as "first on PS4", but that doesn't mean anything. I mean, look at FFXV. We waited a whole console generation, and it's still not going to be released before Sony's mid gen PS4 Pro. With Microsoft releasing the Scorpio next year I doubt it will be too much longer after until Sony announces the PS5 to try and stay one step ahead. If Square Enix even sniffs new hardware they'll be all over it.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
Hmm does ways off mean years or month, I think its possible that the FFVII Remake will come out near the end of 2017, but I'm not too sure at this point, me I'm just hoping it doesn't take too long for it to show up on Steam, cuz man I want to play it and FFXV on PC, as well as KH, but whether that happens idk, I mean it could be ported like the FFXIII Trilogy, LIKE 1.5+2.5, 2.8, then 3 but Idk.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
They should be able to at least get episode 1 out the door in 2018. It couldn't take that long. I expect these episodes to be fairly short gaming experiences. Like 20-30 hours max play time. Should be a presence at E3 as well since XV in now out the door and VII:R is the only other major Final Fantasy project we're aware of.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
They should be able to at least get episode 1 out the door in 2018. It couldn't take that long. I expect these episodes to be fairly short gaming experiences. Like 20-30 hours max play time. Should be a presence at E3 as well since XV in now out the door and VII:R is the only other major Final Fantasy project we're aware of.
Well Square did say that these "episodes" God I hate that word(FFVII Remake is as episodic as the FFXIII trilogy), they said that each will be the size of a full game with FFXIII being used as a blueprint. I'm thinking FFVIIR-1 Q4 2017 for PS4(December or October), PC release Q1 of 2018 probably Feb or March

smellslikejavier

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 18, 2017
Hmm does ways off mean years or month, I think its possible that the FFVII Remake will come out near the end of 2017, but I'm not too sure at this point, me I'm just hoping it doesn't take too long for it to show up on Steam, cuz man I want to play it and FFXV on PC, as well as KH, but whether that happens idk, I mean it could be ported like the FFXIII Trilogy, LIKE 1.5+2.5, 2.8, then 3 but Idk.
PC beggar race strikes again :v you can see they care so little about PC considering it takes years for them to make PC ports (which most of the time are horrible from what I've read) or they just don't make one. Meanwhile they always make a PS4 and/or XOne/Nintendo version day-one, but PC is left for last because they tend to get most money from consoles (which you can check on any video game chart sales and notice that the majority of people buys console copies instead of PC copies, because console copies tend to also be more known for non-gamers people).

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
PC beggar race strikes again :v you can see they care so little about PC considering it takes years for them to make PC ports (which most of the time are horrible from what I've read) or they just don't make one. Meanwhile they always make a PS4 and/or XOne/Nintendo version day-one, but PC is left for last because they tend to get most money from consoles (which you can check on any video game chart sales and notice that the majority of people buys console copies instead of PC copies, because console copies tend to also be more known for non-gamers people).
You are anureism inducing? This happens to less than 10 percent of games dude, hell Nier Automata is coming out on PC, you mad, because we get the better version, are you like so upset about PC gaming objective superiority that you need to justify your purchase with games held hostage it's ok man, buyers remorse is ok. Javier it's ok I understand to.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2014
You know I think the game should have the same exact script soundtrack sound and no voice overs just to see if fanboys would really put up with that for a game remade at this quality.

Hey Everyone

Keyblade Master
Dec 30, 2016
Unknown, Unknown
You know I think the game should have the same exact script soundtrack sound and no voice overs just to see if fanboys would really put up with that for a game remade at this quality.
I would rather not have the game with the exact same script honestly, I think all the optional characters should just be in the main game itself, as they are closely canon to the overall FFVII Mythos.