Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noctis_Caelum

Chocobo Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Not much to say about the new trailer, liking what I'm seeing so far, but worried if the first episode will only cover Midgar stuff.
Yeah it looks great and so on but after they showed only midgar again, I really think this game will have 3 or even more parts.

Also did you saw those ghost at the of the trailer surrounded aerith and cloud?
Is that a completely new scene?
I don't remember to see that in the original.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah it looks great and so on but after they showed only midgar again, I really think this game will have 3 or even more parts.

Also did you saw those ghost at the of the trailer surrounded aerith and cloud?
Is that a completely new scene?
I don't remember to see that in the original.
yeah that was definitely new.

Btw glad that aerial combat is in, more AC styled battles please

FFChocobo18

Warrior of Light
Jan 9, 2017
I'm really happy that the FFVII Remake's first part is coming out next year, even if it does end up beind Midgar centered. I think I'll be fine with it, as there's additions to the story and as long as it's fun. I already played the original FF7 on the PS4's port of it, so I'm expecting kind of the same story, but with some changes or additions to the story, like that ghost scene in the latest trailer.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
yeah that was definitely new.

Btw glad that aerial combat is in, more AC styled battles please
I watched it a few times and it looks like when Cloud attacks the Mono Drive enemy in the air that he automatically jumped to then attack to close the distance when the attack was pressed, rather than there being a manual jump then an attack press in the air to hit it, so it still makes me wonder if there is any manual jump. It's kinda like Aerial Sweep in KH2, though that works more on a closer range to the enemy and if you are a certain distance from an enemy it won't do it, compared to how far the Mono Drive is to Cloud he still closes the distance. So I'm guessing this is how you'll be able to target larger enemies by targeting higher points on their body to attack those so you won't be stuck attacking their feet the whole time, and it does look like there is some follow up aerial attacks you can do when in the air, but I wonder if it is a full combo like on the ground but of aerial attacks or if it will just alternate between a left and right swing each time you press attack in the air.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Im hoping today they reveal a 'Classic Mode' i.e Turn Based/ATB mode.

I mean its not nowhere a deal breaker for me. If the action gameplay is servicable Im mostly always into FF because of the story, exploration and lvl grinding.

But a Turn Based/ATB mode announcement would be icing on the cake for me.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
The ghost scene reminded me of those ghost type enemies in the Train Graveyard aread of the original game.

I wonder if its just the case that they are introducing them earlier in the remake and that Aerith in this new scene is made act in this manner to show that her being an Ancient can sense the presence of such beings in advance i.e the remake will utilise scenes like this to establish her abilities as an Ancient.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
-Graphics serviceable
-Art style is great
-Gameplay serviceable
-Voice acting serviceable
-Exploration and world building need to see more

Feb 19, 2018
I called it btw. They're gonna make Midgar into a full fledged world of its own and make it the core focus of the first game meaning the first game likely ends on the gang heading out of the city. It makes sense to reserve something as major as Aerith's death for the second part rather than blowing their load with major story moments in the first part. Anyways I'm personally really happy that they're choosing to expand upon Midgar and are turning it into a fully lived in city that you can actually explore instead of just making it 7 or 8 little places within the city before booting you out and into the open world.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
It has been awhile since I've been here. Hope everyone has been well.

FF7R looks fantastic. Color me surprised that's releasing early next year. That came out of nowhere. It seems they learned their lesson to keep quiet and work to their hearts content and only reveal when they're sure.

Really liking the combat. Looks very fun and active. Seems like they're mixing action with turn based.

I do admit I am worried about the pacing of part one. One entire game only in Midgar? 20+ hours in one area can get tiring no?