Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - General News Thread

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

It's happening? A FFVII Remake is happening?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Man i just love this game! Everything is pretty much what i imagined it to be, except for Sephiroth's new Voice though. But the rest is so Golden!
Thanks for all the shares btw, keep up with the good work guys!
Friendly advice: I would keep your hype tampered until you play the game for yourself.

LogicalFal'cie

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 8, 2015
U.K
This is the calm before the storm mates. When they re-reveal Tifa is when the virgin primes of the internet will fill their collective diapers.
Can't wait for 'em to reveal to the world how little they know about bra sizes!
Why are they so predictable?
Looking at Twitter I remain convinced gamers have never met an actual woman that isn't their own mother.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Why are they so predictable?
Looking at Twitter I remain convinced gamers have never met an actual woman that isn't their own mother.
Doesn't help that journalists are publishing false info for clickbait that enrage these people. I agree though, people don't understand how boobs or sports bras work.

T.O.T

Blitzball Champion
Feb 2, 2017
Ofcourse! But since I'm a huge fan of the FF7 saga then i can at least say that I'm in the safe zone at the moment right?
What's your take on the Remake? :)
No since things are going to be getting added/expanded on that was not in the original. It's unknown atm rather these new additions will be something you like or dislike. While I know ahead of time it's unavoidable, I'd rather not have another FFXV situation where both the SE PR and "fandom" over hype something. My personal take on the game is that I will more than likely enjoy it more than the original VII, but that isn't saying much since the original didn't leave me with a "omg this is the greatest thing ever", unlike what a lot of others would say. That's not to imply that original FFVII is by any means a bad game, but it is one that does seem to have its short-comings ignored often least on the internet.

Cloud vs Tidus

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jun 20, 2019
No since things are going to be getting added/expanded on that was not in the original. It's unknown atm rather these new additions will be something you like or dislike. While I know ahead of time it's unavoidable, I'd rather not have another FFXV situation where both the SE PR and "fandom" over hype something. My personal take on the game is that I will more than likely enjoy it more than the original VII, but that isn't saying much since the original didn't leave me with a "omg this is the greatest thing ever", unlike what a lot of others would say. That's not to imply that original FFVII is by any means a bad game, but it is one that does seem to have its short-comings ignored often least on the internet.
Oh! Yeah i see your point and agree with you. Well for me FF7 were the game that got me into the FF franchise, so many good memories of it
And btw! Why did they fire the AC VA's? Heard something on Twitter, some group called OperationReunion. They look like really large group. Something about fans going together to get a DLC Legacy voice pack something. Checked their campaign and it seems like over 600 fans have joined em.
Anyone who can tell me who they are?

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
I completly forgot how awful the Platinum and Titan demos were.
Didn't the Titan demo completly break live at the Xbox conference?
I liked Platinum demo, and Titan demo wasnt impressive because 1. the fight is simply poorly designed with no layered mechanics. 2. Matt, the PR guy, sucked at playing it, so you ended up basically watching Noctis repeatedly on the ground lol

FFXVs marketing in general was a mixed bag, lots of highs and lows. FFVIIR was going in the same direction with all the silence but it seems it recovered damn well.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
I liked Platinum demo, and Titan demo wasnt impressive because 1. the fight is simply poorly designed with no layered mechanics. 2. Matt, the PR guy, sucked at playing it, so you ended up basically watching Noctis repeatedly on the ground lol

FFXVs marketing in general was a mixed bag, lots of highs and lows. FFVIIR was going in the same direction with all the silence but it seems it recovered damn well.
What saved FFVIIR's marketing is that Square learned to stfu until there was something worth showing and that, that something was tangible and based within realistic expectations. No overblown concept trailers to get your hopes up and to make the game seem bigger than it really is. Prime example of this is how FFXV handled the Leviathan battle. Concept trailer oversold that battle by a long shot and the release version was nowhere near that level which caused a lot of disappointment. A lot of stuff in general from the trailers didn't make it in or got heavily watered down. I didn't pay attention to the marketing for the most part once the project evolved from Versus into FFXV so I didn't feel as burned by what I ultimately got but going back after I beat it and watching some of those trailers out of curiosity really put a lot into perspective.

FFVIIR as a whole has thankfully managed to avoid that sort of thing altogether by opting for silence rather than trying to cook up concept trailers for the sake of keeping people hyped. Now that we're seeing the game so close to release we can expect the game to overall remain within the same realm of possibilities rather than pulling a FFXV where the stuff shown from 2 years ago is no longer relevant to the release version.

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
No fun allowed lel

though I get that hype can lead to dissapointment, FFVIIR looks more polished and less clunky than FFXV demos.
It helps that the FF7R demo is a slice of the linear first 15 minutes of the game from within the first hour of the game which they've shown exclusively for the past 4 years and two years after an internal reboot. Nomura wanted to show FF7R's Scorpion boss fight 2 years ago and even said he had a trailer to show but SE higher ups prevented him from showing that, and I'm sure that would have been pretty clunky too just like the 2015 footage running at 20FPS was.

Even if we were to make direct comparisons, the FF7R December 2015 footage had been in development on its actual engine UE4 since around the same time KH3 moved to UE4 in 2014, so 1 year and 5+ months, and they had all the documentation they would need from Epic games since UE4 was a finished engine at that time hence why devs started using it in 2014, while FFXV's actual engine with Luminous had only been used for XV since July 2013 by the time we saw it for the first time on Luminous in September 2014, which is 1 year and 2 months on the engine while migrating plus recreating assets from scratch, and the Luminous engine itself at the time was unfinished and still in development alongside the game. As it stands now 7R has already been in development a whole year longer than XV was on its actual engine and it still isn't coming til next year. Like even including XV DLC stuff to XV's Luminous dev it's still 5 years 8 months with the last 2 years being heavily reduced in devs and resources, while 7R will have been 6 years dev just for part 1 which is focused entirely on 1 location of the game, so it lets them work on polishing it far more and with way more resources that time too.

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I only just saw this recently: https://twinfinite.net/2019/06/final-fantasy-vii-remake-famitsu/
Here is a full proper translation of the Famitsu article.

Also, I want to point out, I asked Gaijinhunter to clarify on the Honeybee Inn section and he did a quick translation, but this has a similar proper translation as well.

For those who read the original bad translation and saw that the Honeybee Inn events would somehow be changing, that is NOT accurate to the actual translation. Please read the translation to get a better understanding of how Honeybee Inn is changing, but if I had to summarize it, basically they're just updating the look of the place to fit how the artstyle of the remake looks. The events weren't at all mentioned to be changed or modernized as the poor initial translations said.

There is nothing to be concerned about with this game for things like this. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in where websites don't do the research necessary and jump at whatever's available. We at Nova Crystallis are guilty of using this original translation on our site to get out information as quickly as possible as we see it. Unfortunately, we do not have any Japanese speaking people on staff, the most I can do is transcribe and do rough translations of Japanese that I'm sure you've seen in the past in my FFXV threads. The one thing we didn't do though, was spread misinformation around these rough/incorrect translations.

I encourage anyone who previously may have shared information about the translated article to someone else to follow up with this proper translation as it helps spread the truth of this interview around to people.

Edit: Dualshockers has a similar article, and they also make mention that even Kotaku asked SQEX about the whole ethics department thing, and they followed up explaining the purpose of this internal department and what it's for.
https://www.dualshockers.com/tetsuya-nomura-details-final-fantasy-7-remake/

Square Enix Representative: In the Square Enix Japan studios, the Ethics Department is actually a group within the company that evaluates game content to make sure it is aligned with the anticipated age ratings standards across the globe. In this case, we want a new generation of gamers to experience Final Fantasy VII Remake and are working very closely with the company’s internal experts to make sure all of the game’s content is appropriate.

Last edited: